• Yes

Votes: 43 86.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don’t see that happening unless there’s a plan to use some of those picks to move back up for “ our guy”.
Here is the thing.

The Vikings were a bad team that won, what? 13 games last year.

They are a great bet to slide back down to mediocrity. Plus they have gutted their defense. It's not a crazy idea to get 3 1st round picks from them, and then cash in a top five pick (maybe two?!?!) next season.

The 2024 draft promises to be A LOT better.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Here is the thing.

They are a great bet to slide back down to mediocrity. Plus they have gutted their defense. It's not a crazy idea to get 3 1st round picks from them, and then cash in a top five pick (maybe two?!?!) next season.

It certainly worked well for Seattle.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the thing.

I get you. I just don’t see the Vikings moving that far up and giving all the draft choices for any Qb in this draft.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I get you. I just don’t see the Vikings moving that far up and giving all the draft choices for any Qb in this draft.
They'd be dumb for sure. RIchardson isn't even the best QB in this class, and next year will have THREE QBs better than any QB in this class in Williams, Maye, and Penix Jr.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If we are not getting a massive haul of picks, then why trade down. They only way I would be ok with taking a lower comp package than normal is if we are just moving to #4 and still taking Anderson. Otherwise, stay at #3 and take Anderson, unless they get a massive trade offer to move down further.
Because this front office seems to want picks. We will still likely get multiple picks, but I don't expect it to be the enormous haul fans expect. Not really the Cardinals fault either.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is the thing.

Plus Jefferson is still on a cheap deal, and he's going to get paid. Rookie QB makes sense going forward.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The 4 teams after us are in the QB market. Colts obviously. Seahawks have been linked to Richardson. Lions are linked to QB's as are the Raiders.

If there's a guy you really love 3 is the only safe bet.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
They'd be dumb for sure. RIchardson isn't even the best QB in this class, and next year will have THREE QBs better than any QB in this class in Williams, Maye, and Penix Jr.
People are going to eat some crow on Richardson. Easily better than Penix. Williams and Maye also have to continue their trajectory to be better.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Still feeling like we might be that team.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I am not a fan of trading down but we might trade down twice in round 1.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I’ve not seen a rumor on this, but interesting that Washington declined Chase Young’s 5th year option. And they could be in the QB market. Would a package centered around #16 and Young for the #3 pick be possible? I’m guessing we would want more draft capital to move down that far.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I’ve not seen a rumor on this, but interesting that Washington declined Chase Young’s 5th year option. And they could be in the QB market. Would a package centered around #16 and Young for the #3 pick be possible? I’m guessing we would want more draft capital to move down that far.
Hasn't been the same since the injury.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort