The 2023 Arizona Coyotes off season thread

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This is SOOO flying under the radar! This guy will elevate us up a notch!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is SOOO flying under the radar! This guy will elevate us up a notch!

We'll see how much they expose him. The jump to the NHL is massive and I can't wait to see how he responds. But I will admit, I am pretty damn excited to see him give it a go.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a little confused at this. Maybe for him to mentor some of the young guys?

I love this deal. Blue line needed some vet leadership and even though Dumba is coming off a low scoring year, he's a solid presence with all the youth we have. We have really needed a d-man who can carry out of his own zone which I think could end up really boosting our transition game and push the opponent's defense a little deeper on our zone entries. Those little pockets of space could be enough for our forwards to exploit for better rushes and o-zone setup.

The one-year deal will allow us to see if the last year's issues were just from a lingering injury or if he's on his way out of NHL competition and he'll be motivated to give us his all to get a better deal next year.

Even if it doesn't work out, at least it feels like we're moving out of tank-mode and there's a clear directive to develop our existing core. That right there is enough to pump me up for the season and keep all of my concern about arenas on the back-burner.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I love this deal. Blue line needed some vet leadership and even though Dumba is coming off a low scoring year, he's a solid presence with all the youth we have. We have really needed a d-man who can carry out of his own zone which I think could end up really boosting our transition game and push the opponent's defense a little deeper on our zone entries. Those little pockets of space could be enough for our forwards to exploit for better rushes and o-zone setup.

The one-year deal will allow us to see if the last year's issues were just from a lingering injury or if he's on his way out of NHL competition and he'll be motivated to give us his all to get a better deal next year.

Even if it doesn't work out, at least it feels like we're moving out of tank-mode and there's a clear directive to develop our existing core. That right there is enough to pump me up for the season and keep all of my concern about arenas on the back-burner.
Logan Cooley alone is worth me venturing to a game. I can't wait for the Russians we just drafted finish their club obligations in Russia. We are a couple seasons away from being real good. Just have to have some of that top end draft talent develop!