The 2023-24 league year

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
So... here's what I don't get about these charts: What is this supposed to tell us?

Haha. Glad I am not the only one....takes me a minute.

In this case, how often they are single covered (Y) and average separation on those routes (X).

Mike Evans is rarely single covered but when he is, he has the highest separation. He is getting more open, which is why he is not single covered very often.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Haha. Glad I am not the only one....takes me a minute.

In this case, how often they are single covered (Y) and average separation on those routes (X).

Mike Evans is rarely single covered but when he is, he has the highest separation. He is getting more open, which is why he is not single covered very often.
I know that. But what’s the inference to draw from this data set?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
So... here's what I don't get about these charts: What is this supposed to tell us?
its clear --- more to the right is good

but is more to the top good? i guess.

on the other hand.... look at DHop

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
you aint gonna like it.
but based on that chart Rondale Moore is probably our best route runner...he faces less single coverage than Hollywood and wilson but gets open more than both of them when single covered.

of course, some of that can be distorted by when they are on the field, the packages and such.

off the cuff I would say it tells us Moore is better against man defense while Wilson and Brown benefit from zone defense.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Wow for Hopkins, no separations at all. Washed? Mike Evans is on another level all by himself - single coverage = automatic seperation for him.
Hop didnt really get separation while he was here...the contested ball is his thing though so its not as much an issue with him just yet...next couple years though when his jump suffers from age and he cant body out the younger guys he will see a drop off

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
based on that chart Rondale Moore is probably our best route runner...he faces less single coverage than Hollywood and wilson but gets open more than both of them when single covered.
In general being farther to the right indicates better route running... But in Moore's case I'd guess that he gets a lot of separation on average because he's targeted behind the line of scrimmage often.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd