The 2023-24 league year

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Still doesn't make sense - compensatory picks are based on free agents.
Dobbs was not a free agent - he was traded (twice).

You must be registered for see images attach

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Still doesn't make sense - compensatory picks are based on free agents.
Dobbs was not a free agent - he was traded (twice).

Read the thread linked above and it's explained. Trading for a qualifying free agent is basically the same as signing him yourself.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Read the thread linked above and it's explained. Trading for a qualifying free agent is basically the same as signing him yourself.

Then SF is going to lose compensatory picks for Young and Eagles will lose them for Byard?

I also thought salary/contracts played a big part.

We lost Zach Allen and Byron Murphy -signed White and traded for Dobbs?

Contract amounts are WAY different.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Then SF is going to lose compensatory picks for Young and Eagles will lose them for Byard?

I also thought salary/contracts played a big part.

We lost Zach Allen and Byron Murphy -signed White and traded for Dobbs?

Contract amounts are WAY different.
No, San Francsico will gain comp picks if Young signs elsewhere. Nothing will happen at the end of Byard's deal, because his contract voids after 2024.

Salary, bonus, and playing time all plays a part. The rules discourage a team from signing a free agent and then immediately trading him to another team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
J
so this is likely the case? That basically means we gave up a 4th and a 6th for 8 games of a backup QB… who we might have been able to sign in the first place if we weren’t so ridiculously cheap.

This kind of stuff combined with tampering and generally doing nothing this off-season, makes me fear we get what we pay for when we low balled other GMs.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Jesus… so this is the case? This kind of stuff combined with tampering and generally doing nothing this off-season, makes me fear we get what we pay for when we low balled other GMs.
It's really not fair for you to expect a professional GM with years of league experience to know more than anyone on this board about the rules around compensatory picks.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Interesting snap count/% information for DL

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Can I ask they are Interesting how? Maybe I missed something. Thank you.
:)

Interesting for me because DT's seem to rotate at a high level and don't play a ton of snaps. At least that has been a knock I have heard about drafting DT's on this board.

Derek Brown (DT) is taking 85% of the snaps - that seems amazing.

When we think about drafting a DT or two - I prefer ones like (Tyliek) that are playing the majority of the snaps.

Last edited:

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
:)

Interesting for me because DT's seems to rotate at a high level and don't play a ton of snaps. At least that has been a knock I have heard about drafting DT's on this board.

Derek Brown (DT) is taking 85% of the snaps - that seems amazing.

When we think about drafting a DT or two - I prefer ones like (Tyliek) that are playing the majority of the snaps.
I see, thanks for clarifying. I am totally with you on this. We should only consider three down DTs who can defend both runs and passes in 1st round. A run stuffer probably does not worth a first rounder unless they are exceptionally good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd