Supporting Member
Reaction score
Memphis is my favorite to win it all next year

If they can keep all this talent together they are scary next year

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's pretty remarkable the Warriors literally got production from 6 guys and won. They only played 8, Bjelica was terrible, Lee made a 3 but was otherwise awful. Poole shot terribly but did have 12.

But the 5 starters put up 95 points 63 rebounds and 20 assists. 22 boards for Looney 16 for Draymond 10 for Wiggins

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guy on Warriors World saying they should trade Wiseman for steven Adams. Contract doesn't work Adams makes way too much but Wiseman would go home and Adams setting screens on the Warriors would be insane.

Adams is not as skilled offensively but like Bogut.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I know it is not logical but statistically Memphis is better without Ja and has been all year. At one point they were 20-2 without him. Obviously that's against non playoff teams too not against the Warriors but it's so obvious watching them without him how much tougher it is for the Warriors to score on them

This series has really shown how good JJJ is and what a solid player Tyus Jones is. his 2 starts with Ja out he has 40 points 14 assists 1 turnover in 65 minutes.
Was really impressed with JJJ. He’s exactly the PF this suns team needs. Obviously they don’t grow on trees.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was really impressed with JJJ. He’s exactly the PF this suns team needs. Obviously they don’t grow on trees.

obviously he and Jones were not good last night but still keys in teh series. If you assume Ziaire Williams will finally be able to stay healthy and will improve the amount of young talent they have is filthy.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Memphis isn't even capped out, which scares me more about what they can become. They'll get there with a Morant extension but they're in good shape financially. They also have a bunch of picks, all of their own and Utah's this year plus Golden State's in 2024. Their GM was well deserving of his Executive of the Year award.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
still can't get over Looney last night he's had surgery on both hips, a knee and he's had asthma his whole life. 25 moves like he's 80 and goes for 22 boards against the team that averaged the most rebounds in the NBA this year.

Reaction score
I was thinking about now-coach Jason Kidd's playing career and his one weakness as a player (besides personality issues); and it brought to mind an issue that always puzzles me. It's relevant to the Suns mainly because it also explains why they can't use Elfrid Payton in the playoffs. Players who won't learn to shoot and why they don't just learn.

Since this may be a naive question, I'll disclose that I never played competitive basketball. (Couldn't even if I wanted to. Physical disabilities and no athleticism.) So if there's anyone here who actually plays, I would appreciate them answering. Why don't notoriously poor-shooting players, such as Jason Kidd and Elfrid Payton, ever learn to shoot proficiently? Is it that hard to just learn? Aren't they motivated to overcome their weakness? Shooting, and by extension scoring, are more glamorous than defense and other lunch-pail aspects of playing. They make a player look good, if not turning them into a star or making them an even bigger star. You would think it annoys them to hear people sniffing that they can't shoot.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I was thinking about now-coach Jason Kidd's playing career and his one weakness as a player (besides personality issues); and it brought to mind an issue that always puzzles me. It's relevant to the Suns mainly because it also explains why they can't use Elfrid Payton in the playoffs. Players who won't learn to shoot and why they don't just learn.

Since this may be a naive question, I'll disclose that I never played competitive basketball. (Couldn't even if I wanted to. Physical disabilities and no athleticism.) So if there's anyone here who actually plays, I would appreciate them answering. Why don't notoriously poor-shooting players, such as Jason Kidd and Elfrid Payton, ever learn to shoot proficiently? Is it that hard to just learn? Aren't they motivated to overcome their weakness? Shooting, and by extension scoring, are more glamorous than defense and other lunch-pail aspects of playing. They make a player look good, if not turning them into a star or making them an even bigger star. You would think it annoys them to hear people sniffing that they can't shoot.
Jason Kidd did become a better shooter later in his career. For his last 9 seasons he never shot worse than 35% from three and had several seasons where he shot better than 40% from 3.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

It's not that they "can't shoot"; it's that they can't shoot as well as their NBA peers. Put Elfrid Payton in a rec league and he'd look like a good shooter. There's going to be a range of skill levels no matter what. Why doesn't a typical NBA three-point shooter "learn" to shoot it like Curry?

Reaction score
Why doesn't a typical NBA three-point shooter "learn" to shoot it like Curry?
Oh, come on, that's not fair. It's like asking why Devin Booker isn't as good as his mentor Kobe Bryant was, or why DeAndre Ayton doesn't learn to shoot skyhooks like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. But we can more reasonably ask why Elfrid Payton doesn't learn to shoot as well as Jason Kidd, whom De Clown says did learn to shoot better. Quien sabe.

P.S. I like your profile photo, since Jeff Hornacek is my favorite player ever. I should use a profile photo of him; I'm just not going to steal yours.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose