The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the Heat the most slept on 1 seed ever? No one is talking about them making the Finals. They’ve dealt with injuries all year, but there they are, with the same core that took a healthy Bron/AD to 6 in the bubble.

From a pure basketball standpoint, I’d love to see a rubber match between them and the Bucks in the next round. Miami upset the Bucks in the bubble. The Bucks routed Miami last year in the first round. You know theres bad blood between those teams. That series would be a war.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It isn't likely but after you've won the first one, now it's just coming back from 3-2 which happens almost 40% of the time. I think Memphis is the better team but their youth has already cost them in this series and probably will again.

That's my take too Memphis was the better team in the regular season and in the head to head but they basically blew 2 games on inexperience.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's my take too Memphis was the better team in the regular season and in the head to head but they basically blew 2 games on inexperience.
Yeah I've thought that Memphis and Boston were the two best teams for some time now. I don't count the Suns out of the finals but the way they've played the past month I think you have to give Milwaukee vs Golden State as the most likely matchup.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked Memphis to win the GS series. But, without Morant? No sir. The Warriors will probably beat them handily tomorrow.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked Memphis to win the GS series. But, without Morant? No sir. The Warriors will probably beat them handily tomorrow.

I know it is not logical but statistically Memphis is better without Ja and has been all year. At one point they were 20-2 without him. Obviously that's against non playoff teams too not against the Warriors but it's so obvious watching them without him how much tougher it is for the Warriors to score on them

This series has really shown how good JJJ is and what a solid player Tyus Jones is. his 2 starts with Ja out he has 40 points 14 assists 1 turnover in 65 minutes.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Otto Porter Jr is listed as questionable for tonights game.

At least Poole is good to go he spent quite a bit of time last game with a migraine after getting hit in the head with a pass.

At least one local writer Tim Kawakami is saying the Warriors should start Poole not Kuminga because they have been getting off to bad starts every game and figures they REALLY want to win tonight so might as well live or die with the "death lineup."

That lineup really hasn't worked this series Memphis is too big.Especially with Adams and Jackson starting.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't get the link to work there's a video of Harden and Maxey walking off the court. Maxey intentionally sits away from Harden, so Harden gets up and moves to sit next to Maxey. As soon as he sits down, maxey gets up and moves to where there is just one seat and he takes it so that he doesn't have to sit next to harden.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man, is Boston about to have back to back epic collapses?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Milwaukee and the 'mighty' Warriors just may go 7 too...we ain't the only ones struggling to closeout.
Milwaukee is playing without their second best player against a Celtics team that going into the playoffs, people thought was a legit title contender.

No one thought the Mavs were a legit contender.

And people have been banging on the Warriors pretty good too, including their own fans here.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Milwaukee is playing without their second best player against a Celtics team that going into the playoffs, people thought was a legit title contender.

No one thought the Mavs were a legit contender.

And people have been banging on the Warriors pretty good too, including their own fans here.
Just by watching CP we may be playing without our 2nd best player also...even though he's playing lol would not be shocked if something is terribly wrong with the hand