The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lavine does not impress in the clutch. Dude was incredibly selfish, rushing absolutely terrible shots.
LaVine and DeRozan are tough shots makers but the inability to attack the rim is there undoing. I wish Zach attacked the rim more versus settling for tough shots against Holiday.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LaVine and DeRozan are tough shots makers but the inability to attack the rim is there undoing. I wish Zach attacked the rim more versus settling for tough shots against Holiday.

Yeah, but I think DeRozan takes much smarter shots, he isn't going to chuck up a contested 30 footer with 16 seconds left on the shot clock, he will look for an open teammate. At the end there, LeVine basically stopped passing the ball at all, if it hit his hands the possession was ending with him shooting.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, but I think DeRozan takes much smarter shots, he isn't going to chuck up a contested 30 footer with 16 seconds left on the shot clock, he will look for an open teammate. At the end there, LeVine basically stopped passing the ball at all, if it hit his hands the possession was ending with him shooting.
Oh hundred percent agree. Zach is a solid player and all-star. Is he capable of making those shots…..sure. But he settles instead of maybe getting a better look with his feet set.

Chicago is going to have to pay him and I’m not saying he’s a max guy but how far are you expecting him to take you?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh hundred percent agree. Zach is a solid player and all-star. Is he capable of making those shots…..sure. But he settles instead of maybe getting a better look with his feet set.

Chicago is going to have to pay him and I’m not saying he’s a max guy but how far are you expecting him to take you?

Yeah, he will get a max or close to it, just based on his scoring average, those guys get paid.

With the right coaching and leadership, maybe they can reign him in. Booker has cut a lot of bad habits out of his game the last couple years, but Booker is ravenously driven to improve.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LaVine has always seemed like the player the media said Booker was. Empty stats chucker who can't lead a team. He's much more athletic, of course, but I really don't think he's worth the praise he gets. I don't think a team with him as their #1 or #2 will go anywhere. A team with Vucevic, DeRozen, and Ball is good enough to play above 500 in the East but LaVine doesn't do anything but shoot them out of close games. That's why they're terrible in games decided by 5 or fewer points.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GP 2 is insane. 2nd game in a row he blocked Joker, he got him in the regular season too. Joker was so mad about it he got into it with Steph.

Great start for Denver, Jokic is just so good.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LaVine has always seemed like the player the media said Booker was. Empty stats chucker who can't lead a team. He's much more athletic, of course, but I really don't think he's worth the praise he gets. I don't think a team with him as their #1 or #2 will go anywhere. A team with Vucevic, DeRozen, and Ball is good enough to play above 500 in the East but LaVine doesn't do anything but shoot them out of close games. That's why they're terrible in games decided by 5 or fewer points.

Zach has gotten better but he was one of the worst defenders I ever saw at UCLA and they had some bad ones in the Alford years. Never forget freshman Bryce Alford, one of the worst defenders in the conference, literally shoving Zach with 2 hands to get him where he was supposed to be. Zach had a great start got himself securely into the first round and then shut it down the rest of the year protected himself, didn't play hard.

He's turned into a terrific scorer and he's improved a ton on defense but I agree not a guy who does the little things that win games

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With money it's apparently possible they can't but man I hope the Warriors keep Payton. he impacts the game so much on defense. 3 minutes plus 8 the block on Jokic a steal on Jokic caused a bad pass.

They gotta give Poole more money and other stuff but I hope they find a way to keep him

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
13-0 run by the new death lineup.

Cousins had a really nice run but in typical cousins fashion 2 stupid fouls and then he got mad at Poole for pushing him out of the way on a screen, came back to screen him and instead bumped his teammate who lost the ball out of bounds. Just now as Poole was inbounding in front of the Denver bench, Cousins started talking to him and actually stood up on the bench as the ref was going to hand Poole the ball. Hilarious.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Jock-itch getting BS calls his way. He imitated both fouls on Dray…