The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn’t make that deal if I’m Portland because I think Simmons is going to be a star.

I think Portland plans for Anfernee Simons to be a star player.

I know Portland is high on Simons. He might be a bigger trade chip than Lillard.

As far as that Suns/Portland sign and trade prediction, If we got back Simons and Nurkic then I'd do that but Im not sure if they'd be up for that.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know Portland is high on Simons. He might be a bigger trade chip than Lillard.

As far as that Suns/Portland sign and trade prediction, If we got back Simons and Nurkic then I'd do that but Im not sure if they'd be up for that.

The Trail Blazers don't have anything else to trade. Nurkic would have to be signed to a new contract as he is a free agent and Simon would need to be signed to a new contract as well. The Suns wouldn't want Bledsoe.

Even then I'd want draft picks.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Celtics never should have torn down the old Garden. I am not a Celtics fan, but i miss that vibe of the old place when i watch games there now.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Trail Blazers don't have anything else to trade. Nurkic would have to be signed to a new contract as he is a free agent and Simon would need to be signed to a new contract as well. The Suns wouldn't want Bledsoe.

Even then I'd want draft picks.

Josh Hart isn't bad but he's filler, at best. The pieces they had that I liked they moved this year in Covington and Nance Jr. So a deal with them doesn't make sense.

I think San Antonio will make a hard play for Ayton. I don't worry about losing him to one of the other teams with cap space but San Antonio worries me a little. Of course they're a top notch organization and they'd have enough space they could add him without doing a sign and trade, but that requires we don't match, which is unlikely. However if he wants to go there, I think they have pieces we could use in return but I wouldn't be excited. If we could Murray in return though, I'd jump on it but that wouldn't make sense for them to part with him since he would be the key piece to rebuilding there if they added Ayton.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Utah thing is just as odd as I’ve ever seen.
I think it’s just lack of chemistry and belief.

I get the feeling that whole team and the coach is ready for it to be broken up.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Josh Hart isn't bad but he's filler, at best. The pieces they had that I liked they moved this year in Covington and Nance Jr. So a deal with them doesn't make sense.

I think San Antonio will make a hard play for Ayton. I don't worry about losing him to one of the other teams with cap space but San Antonio worries me a little. Of course they're a top notch organization and they'd have enough space they could add him without doing a sign and trade, but that requires we don't match, which is unlikely. However if he wants to go there, I think they have pieces we could use in return but I wouldn't be excited. If we could Murray in return though, I'd jump on it but that wouldn't make sense for them to part with him since he would be the key piece to rebuilding there if they added Ayton.

I wasn't thinking of Hart. He is a solid player but like you said, filler. The Suns could use some draft picks for trade.

Out of curiosity, do you happen to know if the Trail Blazers can re-sign Nurkic and trade him? He will be a free agent.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't get much better than Nets-Celts game 1.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the dichotomy of Kyrie in a nutshell, phenomenal game, shoots them into the lead and then at the end what in the hell was he doing on defense on the last play? He completely loses track of Tatum and then makes an ole attempt to get the ball and lets Tatum get a game winning layup. It's a great play by Smart and Tatum but Kyrie is not a shot blocker he's not coming over to block Smart's shot if he shoots so why did he just completely lose sight of where Tatum, Boston's best player, was?

Durant had a bad shooting night and obviously missed the key shot at the end but I have no idea what Kyrie was doing at the end.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Based on what? Murray hasn’t been healthy in two years. This is the second year Jokic is left hanging out there by himself. Dame is 31 let’s not act like he’s 40

Your time is now with Jokic and you’ve just wasted the last two years
Dame’s ab injury worries me a lot more than Murray, especially considering his age.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That's the dichotomy of Kyrie in a nutshell, phenomenal game, shoots them into the lead and then at the end what in the hell was he doing on defense on the last play? He completely loses track of Tatum and then makes an ole attempt to get the ball and lets Tatum get a game winning layup. It's a great play by Smart and Tatum but Kyrie is not a shot blocker he's not coming over to block Smart's shot if he shoots so why did he just completely lose sight of where Tatum, Boston's best player, was?

Durant had a bad shooting night and obviously missed the key shot at the end but I have no idea what Kyrie was doing at the end.
Durant lost Tatum on that back cut once JB kicked it to Smart on the wing. Then once Smart pump faked and got 2 Nets in the air, it was 5 on 3. Had Durant slid down there would have been Derrick White open for a corner 3.

I can’t put that on Kai. They wouldn’t have even been close if it wasn’t for him. But that last possession he should’ve passed it earlier. Nets have arguably the 2 best players this series, Celtics have a better team. Simmons would really pay dividends but I can’t trust him.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chicago does not look like they belong in the playoffs

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wasn't thinking of Hart. He is a solid player but like you said, filler. The Suns could use some draft picks for trade.

Out of curiosity, do you happen to know if the Trail Blazers can re-sign Nurkic and trade him? He will be a free agent.

They can do a sign and trade with Nurkic for Ayton, I believe, but no other players could be included. Picks could be. Salaries need to be within 125% of each other also. So it doesn't make a lot of sense considering we'd only get Nurkic back as far as players and he'd be overpaid.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They can do a sign and trade with Nurkic for Ayton, I believe, but no other players could be included. Picks could be. Salaries need to be within 125% of each other also. So it doesn't make a lot of sense considering we'd only get Nurkic back as far as players and he'd be overpaid.

I was wondering about this.

If no other players could be included the salaries wouldn't work because Ayton will get paid more than Nurkic. It seems like Nurkic misses a lot of games as well.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Kyrie should’ve done his own research on clutch time defense

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent clutch execution by the Celtics on the final play but it came almost a fraction of a second too late.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Durant lost Tatum on that back cut once JB kicked it to Smart on the wing. Then once Smart pump faked and got 2 Nets in the air, it was 5 on 3. Had Durant slid down there would have been Derrick White open for a corner 3.

I can’t put that on Kai. They wouldn’t have even been close if it wasn’t for him. But that last possession he should’ve passed it earlier. Nets have arguably the 2 best players this series, Celtics have a better team. Simmons would really pay dividends but I can’t trust him.

the initial part wasn't his fault the closeout was out of control which allowed Smart to penetrate but if you watch, Kyrie isn't guarding anybody, he's just standing there in the key. his man is White in the corner as you said but he's nowhere near him guy is wide open too.

He had a phenomenal game but I have no idea what he was doing on that last play.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn