The 2021 Arizona Coyotes regular season thread.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice win last night.

Hill has been pretty dam good for a 3rd string goalie. He leads the team in wins (tied with DK) at 7.

the Save % for each goalie is identical for our 3 Gs:
DK - .914
AH - .913
AR - .913

Goals Against Avg:
DK - 2.41 (15th in NHL)
AH - 2.66 (would be tied for 23rd if qualified)
AR - 3.21

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This recent point streak has been nice, but we're going toe to toe with some bad teams. I think if we were really firing on all cylinders these would be laughers. One heroic effort by one player per game isn't going to last if we want to do anything in the playoffs. Those teams will easily shut down a hot player if the other lines aren't a threat. We need to see the team making bigger steps in their overall cohesiveness and team defense. That is what drives offense from all the lines and puts a ton of pressure on the opponent.

Plus, we seem to be losing a lot of energy at certain times in the games and we've been very fortunate that the teams we're playing aren't capitalizing or we'd have lost a good number of these recent games.

Hill has been very good. He has a wild style, but it seems to be working for now. Lucky for us because who knows if we'll see Kuemps again this year and Raanta is made of glass.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This recent point streak has been nice, but we're going toe to toe with some bad teams. I think if we were really firing on all cylinders these would be laughers. One heroic effort by one player per game isn't going to last if we want to do anything in the playoffs. Those teams will easily shut down a hot player if the other lines aren't a threat. We need to see the team making bigger steps in their overall cohesiveness and team defense. That is what drives offense from all the lines and puts a ton of pressure on the opponent.

Plus, we seem to be losing a lot of energy at certain times in the games and we've been very fortunate that the teams we're playing aren't capitalizing or we'd have lost a good number of these recent games.

Hill has been very good. He has a wild style, but it seems to be working for now. Lucky for us because who knows if we'll see Kuemps again this year and Raanta is made of glass.

Are you sure you haven't been watching the Suns? They have some of the same problems.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you haven't been watching the Suns? They have some of the same problems.

Ha! I haven't, but from what I hear, they're probably the best chance for playoff success in the Valley this year. I'm sure I'll catch a game or two then. I sort of burned out on b-ball. I haven't really payed much attention since the Nash/Amare era.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha! I haven't, but from what I hear, they're probably the best chance for playoff success in the Valley this year. I'm sure I'll catch a game or two then. I sort of burned out on b-ball. I haven't really payed much attention since the Nash/Amare era.

I'm amazed the Coyotes are in the playoff race after changing GMs and all. I need to watch some Coyotes games and catch up on things.

The Suns have played some unnecessarily close games all season. Just to make it to the playoffs after all these years will be an accomplishment.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm amazed the Coyotes are in the playoff race after changing GMs and all. I need to watch some Coyotes games and catch up on things.

The Suns have played some unnecessarily close games all season. Just to make it to the playoffs after all these years will be an accomplishment.

It is surprising on both ends. The Suns were in the basement for a while and the former GM for the Yotes basically salted the Earth on his way out.

It does seem like the Suns had better drafting through the lean years, but like I said, I haven't been paying that close of attention to them.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is surprising on both ends. The Suns were in the basement for a while and the former GM for the Yotes basically salted the Earth on his way out.

It does seem like the Suns had better drafting through the lean years, but like I said, I haven't been paying that close of attention to them.

The Suns missed out on three early first round picks in Dragan Bender, Marquese Chriss and Josh Jackson.

Luckily the 2018 draft produced Deandre Ayton and Mikal Bridges. Plus the Suns had Devin Booker from an early draft and added Chris Paul during the off season.

The Suns changed GMs after the 2018 draft as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard