The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like the NBA and WNBA will join others celebrating Juneteenth as company holidays.

Brendon Kleen
@BrendonKleen14

SCOOP: The NBA and WNBA will join the NFL, the Atlanta Hawks, the Atlanta Dream in celebrating Juneteenth as company holidays.
9:11 AM · Jun 16, 2020

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
A new and improved Nikola Jokic?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I have only seen wieght loss this fast, by people using the product in Breaking Bad!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have only seen wieght loss this fast, by people using the product in Breaking Bad!

I thought Jokic could lose a few pounds but this looks like more than a few pounds.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Adrian Wojnarowski
⁦‪@wojespn‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

Troy Weaver will become the ninth current black GM in the NBA and will work with Senior Advisor Ed Stefanski running the Pistons. Weaver's route to GM is groundbreaking: a high-profile AAU program to Syracuse assistant, NBA scout to a dozen years as an executive with Thunder.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

Dallas Mavericks assistant Jamahl Mosley has permission to interview for the New York Knicks coaching job, sources tell ESPN. In his sixth season with Rick Carlisle, Mosley has emerged as a head coaching candidate in league. He interviewed for Cavaliers job last year.
7:13 AM · Jun 19, 2020

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tim MacMahon
⁦‪@espn_macmahon‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

Jamahl Mosley, the Mavs’ defensive coordinator, excels at building relationships with players. He’s the coach who works with Luka Doncic the most, including putting him through his pregame routine.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I had to pick one team that doesn't need Tyler Johnson, I would pick Houston. I'm glad for him, but he would be mired behind all their other guards. Not sure what the strategy is there from Houston's standpoint. They need a center that can run the floor imho.

Maybe the Suns are their farm team. ;)

They have had good luck in collecting former Suns players: PJ TUcker, Danuel House, Austin Rivers (technically) and Tyson Chandler.

One more Suns player and they could start five together.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Maybe the Suns are their farm team. ;)

They have had good luck in collecting former Suns players: PJ TUcker, Danuel House, Austin Rivers (technically) and Tyson Chandler.
I laugh because we are EVERYONE'S farm team. I always note all the former Suns I see when we play other teams. Sometimes I think half the league is former Suns. In the last ten years, we have arguably been the G League get your experience here team, lol!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I laugh because we are EVERYONE'S farm team. I always note all the former Suns I see when we play other teams. Sometimes I think half the league is former Suns. In the last ten years, we have arguably been the G League get your experience here team, lol!

Isn't that the truth!

Too bad Marquese Chriss and Brandon Knight are still not on the Rockets roster.

Chriss may yet turn out to be a player for the Warriors. I'm not sure about Bender.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Isn't that the truth!

Too bad Marquese Chriss and Brandon Knight are still not on the Rockets roster.

Chriss may yet turn out to be a player for the Warriors. I'm not sure about Bender.
Bender has the skills. That's what is so frustrating! A 7 foot guy who can guard the post out to the three point line. I saw so many guys try to drive past him, and he moves his feet so well, they never could get by him to the rim. He just has ZERO confidence. I think our coaches broke his spirit. Every time the guy had a mini run of good in a game for us in his second season, I noticed the coach's pulled him out immediately. That has to mess with your mind. You actually get to feeling good, the crowd is behind you, and then it's like, "I know they are going to pull me out now!" I just think this guy was either broken, or he is just a passive player deep down. It's all mental with him. If he had any scrappiness at all he would be a decent player in this league.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bender has the skills. That's what is so frustrating! A 7 foot guy who can guard the post out to the three point line. I saw so many guys try to drive past him, and he moves his feet so well, they never could get by him to the rim. He just has ZERO confidence. I think our coaches broke his spirit. Every time the guy had a mini run of good in a game for us in his second season, I noticed the coach's pulled him out immediately. That has to mess with your mind. You actually get to feeling good, the crowd is behind you, and then it's like, "I know they are going to pull me out now!" I just think this guy was either broken, or he is just a passive player deep down. It's all mental with him. If he had any scrappiness at all he would be a decent player in this league.

I think Bender received more than a fair chance with the Suns as did Chriss. Sometimes it takes big men more time to develop. This might be the case with both of them.

I was one of those who still wanted to bring Bender back so I didn't want to give up on him. We agree, it's all mental with Bender. My hope was his game would eventually come together. Now I'm not sure anymore.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Corey Brewer plans to sign with Kings.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Report Nikola Jokic tested positive for coronavirus in Serbia.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard