Supporting Member
Reaction score
To follow up on @Ronin post.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He cost himself a lot of money "retiring" when he did. He was probably looking at a contract similar to what the Suns signed Rubio to, 3 years/$51 million. Maybe he wouldn't have received that much but I think he would have received close to that, around $15 million a year. He'll get a decent payday this summer if he elects to stick around but it won't be as much as he would have earned last offseason. Not as many teams will have cap space and his retirement might leave teams weary of offering a long term deal.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I still have zero interest in trading for Kevin Love, but I love this clip. Don't blame him at all, Sexton is an idiot, he dribbled away a 2 for 1 opportunity and appeared to be gearing up to chuck an idiotic shot that still left plenty of time for OKC to score.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

I still have zero interest in trading for Kevin Love, but I love this clip. Don't blame him at all, Sexton is an idiot, he dribbled away a 2 for 1 opportunity and appeared to be gearing up to chuck an idiotic shot that still left plenty of time for OKC to score.
We were talking about how young players in all sports don't know situational play anymore. In the NFL, I don't know how many times I see a team with a lead, have their players push the opposing players out of bounds, saving that team precious seconds on the clock. I know watching teams in the seventies and the eighties, it was all about keeping players in bounds. Dribbling out the clock in a two for one is just another example.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
We were talking about how young players in all sports don't know situational play anymore. In the NFL, I don't know how many times I see a team with a lead, have their players push the opposing players out of bounds, saving that team precious seconds on the clock. I know watching teams in the seventies and the eighties, it was all about keeping players in bounds. Dribbling out the clock in a two for one is just another example.

It's that fluoride they'b been puttin' in the water.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

sexton is just horrible.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The issue is with the lack of experience these guys come into the league with. So many players are learning the fundamentals of the game after they get to the NBA.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The issue is with the lack of experience these guys come into the league with. So many players are learning the fundamentals of the game after they gebox. t to the NBA.
But so many are playing on club teams, high schools, etc. They SHOULD be getting the fundementals! I know I had to battle coaches when I assistant coached my son's team in a city league. We had the tallest kid in the league, and I told my son to lob the ball into him in the key. That kid was tearing it up. Our coach called a time out, chewed my son out for lobbing the ball. He said you never lob pass like that. I walked away. They ended up losing the game. He wanted the kid to rebound for our three point shooters. It didn't matter our guy was fouling out their whole team. LOL. It's no wonder the kids don't know how to play!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
But so many are playing on club teams, high schools, etc. They SHOULD be getting the fundementals! I know I had to battle coaches when I assistant coached my son's team in a city league. We had the tallest kid in the league, and I told my son to lob the ball into him in the key. That kid was tearing it up. Our coach called a time out, chewed my son out for lobbing the ball. He said you never lob pass like that. I walked away. They ended up losing the game. He wanted the kid to rebound for our three point shooters. It didn't matter our guy was fouling out their whole team. LOL. It's no wonder the kids don't know how to play!
A lot of these guys are coming up on the AAU circuit and are on teams that dominate most of their games. Also a lot of these players can get away with simply being way more talented than their competition. The best place for them to learn game management and to handle close game game situations would be to spend a couple years or more at the college level where they aren't as dominant and will see a lot more close games.

It's no coincidence that our players such as Cam or Mikal tend to make mostly the right decisions on the court and the one and done guys we drafted tend to make a ton of mental mistakes.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Apparently it was more than just complaining on the court, Love is said to have yelled at the GM during a shootaround before that OKC game, all in front of the team.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kevin-love-cavaliers-koby-altman-trade-004155875.html

That should warrant a suspension or hefty fine, possibly both. That GM now looks like a coward to the rest of the roster. It doesn't matter if he trades Love now. Trading him now might actually work against him since that will be viewed as giving Love his way.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Apparently it was more than just complaining on the court, Love is said to have yelled at the GM during a shootaround before that OKC game, all in front of the team.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kevin-love-cavaliers-koby-altman-trade-004155875.html

That should warrant a suspension or hefty fine, possibly both. That GM now looks like a coward to the rest of the roster. It doesn't matter if he trades Love now. Trading him now might actually work against him since that will be viewed as giving Love his way.
Man. You think too much. Coward, perceptions, looking like he got his way. When you are a gm you just do what is best for the team and to hell with what people think. A gm the operates based on the perceptions and of others is a guaranteed failure.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He cost himself a lot of money "retiring" when he did. He was probably looking at a contract similar to what the Suns signed Rubio to, 3 years/$51 million. Maybe he wouldn't have received that much but I think he would have received close to that, around $15 million a year. He'll get a decent payday this summer if he elects to stick around but it won't be as much as he would have earned last offseason. Not as many teams will have cap space and his retirement might leave teams weary of offering a long term deal.

No inside knowledge but I assume he retired because of the domestic violence issues and his need to put it all behind him. He plead guilty I think 3 years ago now while with the Kings, and has been trying to rebuild his life since then, i think that's where the ministry thing came from.

Lakers fans on UCLA boards have been saying for awhile now he was going to come back.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And to think Chriss and Green were talking all this stuff about how we gave up on him too early. Yet now he is being waived by his 3rd team.

They actually want to keep him but the 2 way contract for Damion Lee was going to force them to send him back down in a couple of days and they don't want to. Apparently the only way to keep him is waive someone and give Lee a real contract so they waived Chriss. There's talk the Kings are interested, the Warriors would love to keep Chriss but they're hamstrung by the rules and by their desire to keep Lee who has been playing great.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hated the Bender pick but I loved the Chriss pick. He looked so good his rookie year. He just turned out to be dumb af just like Josh Jackson million dollar talent 10 cent head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hated the Bender pick but I loved the Chriss pick. He looked so good his rookie year. He just turned out to be dumb af just like Josh Jackson million dollar talent 10 cent head

I never saw much in Chriss throughout his rookie year. He looked lost more than productive. I could see why they picked him but that didn't explain his playing time, or rather making him a starter. I thought they were setting themselves up for problems by starting him. He never earned that role and as we saw, he wasn't happy when it was taken from him. It's funny how that was never mentioned when Draymond and the press ripped the Suns for how they handled Chriss. He was gifted a starting role but couldn't stay on the court for more than 20 minutes a night. It was either too many boneheaded decisions or foul trouble that limited his playing time. He was gifted plenty of opportunity though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard