The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if the Clippers pull this one out, I doubt they beat the Lakers. They are just mentally weak. A lot of talk, only with Kawhi being ready for the moment.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul George is hitting shots today. No answer for Jokic.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Western Conference does not need Michael Porter Jr. developing into a star for Denver.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nuggets have so many weapons. All they needed was confidence. It will be fun game 7.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So game 7 here we come. Nuggets 111- Clippers 98.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yeah who knew,it just took the entire Golden State team getting hurt.

Lebron and Anthony Davis ain’t losing to a team led by Jason Tatum

Just out of curiosity I pulled up last year's playoff thread and you wrote Toronto off even with the KD injury, saying they stood no chance against the Warriors but quit posting after the series started. Here's one post in particular in which you and I disagreed about Toronto's chances of winning...

That’s great but GS has 3 of the 4 best players in this series and if KD comes back they have 4 of the 5 best.

You got Lowry but then I’d rather have Iggy over everyone else. Those role players are cute but that star power at the top is what wins championships.

Your looking at GS at full power having 5 of the top 7 players in this series and make no mistake Lowry ain’t a Kyrie type player or talent.

All I'm saying is you're too quick to write teams off and crown champs.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity I pulled up last year's playoff thread and you wrote Toronto off even with the KD injury, saying they stood no chance against the Warriors but quit posting after the series started. Here's one post in particular in which you and I disagreed about Toronto's chances of winning...

All I'm saying is you're too quick to write teams off and crown champs.

maybe I quit posting because I don’t care enough and damn sure don’t care enough to dig up year old threads lol

GS players who missed games/time because of injury in that series. Cousins, Klay, KD, Igoudala, Looney

half the damn team lol.

I don’t really know what the end game is here. You want me to say your right and I’m wrong? or you want me to apologize to you?

listen your right. If Lebron and AD get hurt then yes the Celtics or the Heat have a very real chance of winning it at

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
maybe I quit posting because I don’t care enough and damn sure don’t care enough to dig up year old threads lol

GS players who missed games/time because of injury in that series. Cousins, Klay, KD, Igoudala, Looney

half the damn team lol.

I don’t really know what the end game is here. You want me to say your right and I’m wrong? or you want me to apologize to you?

listen your right. If Lebron and AD get hurt then yes the Celtics or the Heat have a very real chance of winning it at

I'm not looking for you to concede or claim victory, we disagree and that's fine. Isn't that what these boards are for? Discussing our opinions on whatever the subject may be. All I'm saying is you shouldn't be so dismissive of other people's point of view. I can handle disagreeing with someone but I think the added "lol" and snark in your posts is what bothered me. Maybe you didn't intend it to be snarky, if that's the case then I'm sorry I took it that way but I don't think replying to someone's take here by starting with "lol" shows any sort of respect for the posters you're conversing with.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nuggets have so many weapons. All they needed was confidence. It will be fun game 7.

Harris is coming around from all that time off. MPJ must have woke them up with his comments, maybe they got some inner turmoil straightened out. Jokic was too passive early in the series, but now he's taking shots that he should be taking. Murray is still taking a beating though, that non-call on his layup was sure a foul. The commentators, i think it was Mark Jackson, made a great point about guys going for a layup are allowed to get hammered but all the protection is on jump shooters.

Great series, the Clippers body language doesnt show well. When you have guys with bad attitudes: Morris, Jackson and Beverly, sometimes playing with guys like that can be very difficult to deal with as their emotions can get in the way of having a positive impact on the game, imo, then add a passive-aggressive Leonard to the mix then it doesn't add up.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harris is coming around from all that time off. MPJ must have woke them up with his comments, maybe they got some inner turmoil straightened out. Jokic was too passive early in the series, but now he's taking shots that he should be taking. Murray is still taking a beating though, that non-call on his layup was sure a foul. The commentators, i think it was Mark Jackson, made a great point about guys going for a layup are allowed to get hammered but all the protection is on jump shooters.

Great series, the Clippers body language doesnt show well. When you have guys with bad attitudes: Morris, Jackson and Beverly, sometimes playing with guys like that can be very difficult to deal with as their emotions can get in the way of having a positive impact on the game, imo, then add a passive-aggressive Leonard to the mix then it doesn't add up.

I've been waiting for Harris to come around. He gives them one more weapon.

It's crazy when the outside shooters can't be touched but the referees let a lot of calls go inside.

I like the way Denver has built their team and the way they play. It scares me a bit with all the young talent they have. They have a nice core in Murray, Jokic, Gary Harris and Michael Porter Jr.

The Nuggets have the pieces to be a rising powerhouse which spells trouble in the West.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the Suns have made the same commitment to Devin Booker. (sarcasm)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are not a lot of good options for Bucks. I guess we will see how bad they want it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
There are not a lot of good options for Bucks. I guess we will see how bad they want it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yeah, saying they are going to spend in this climate and this free agent class isn't exactly reason to jump for joy.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, saying they are going to spend in this climate and this free agent class isn't exactly reason to jump for joy.

I could see them making a move for James Harden. He might be obtainable. If the Bucks lose Giannis they have nowhere to go but a rebuild.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprised they took him lol.

Admittedly I haven't watched Lonzo Ball for a long time but he is still only 22. Perhaps it's looks, but occasionally I see some Jason Kidd in him especially if he gets that 3-point shot going.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

even if they wanted to spend, there's no MLE player that's going to make them that much better.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As an example, Khris Middleton, George Hill and draft picks might get them there.

The Rockets are in their on purgatory.

there's no way that gets them there. the draft picks on a team with Harden/Giannis are basically 2nd rounders, Middleton's contract would be just as much of a problem cap wise as Harden with virtually none of the production to match.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson