The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we went after him in free agency do you think he'd command more than 15mill?

I think he'll cost right around $15 million, somewhere between 15-20. There is a strong market for PG's but he's in the upper tier, ahead of the George Hill's and Darren Collison's. I would put him just below Kemba as far as what sort of money he'll draw.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd like it better without a first round pick. The Jazz would probably also want a point guard in return. Canaan would be preferable from the Suns standpoint.

They'd still have Exum and Neto, plus Mitchell can slide over to play PG. They wouldn't need a PG in return. Milwaukee's first isn't much of a price to pay.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he'll cost right around $15 million, somewhere between 15-20. There is a strong market for PG's but he's in the upper tier, ahead of the George Hill's and Darren Collison's. I would put him just below Kemba as far as what sort of money he'll draw.

I think Kemba is worth more like twice what Rubio will get. But then I'd put Rubio close to George Hill, well below Collison and I'd put Walker above Wall even without considering injury history.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched the highlights and at least half of the 50 were piled on in the 4th quarter.

Yeah, I followed the game off and on. They held the Jazz to 22 points in the second half (the ENTIRE 2nd half!!!) so I don't know if I'd suggest they were piling on though. When a team quits that completely, almost any scrub can run up the stats.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Yeah, I followed the game off and on. They held the Jazz to 22 points in the second half (the ENTIRE 2nd half!!!) so I don't know if I'd suggest they were piling on though. When a team quits that completely, almost any scrub can run up the stats.
I didn't mean to imply that the Mavs were piling on. Just that I saw scores of up 23 in the 4th while the final score was a 50 point difference. I was just commenting on when they increased the score to that ridiculous margin. Just because one team quits doesn't mean you should too. I guess you could quit jacking 3s after you're up 30.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't mean to imply that the Mavs were piling on. Just that I saw scores of up 23 in the 4th while the final score was a 50 point difference. I was just commenting on when they increased the score to that ridiculous margin. Just because one team quits doesn't mean you should too. I guess you could quit jacking 3s after you're up 30.

Yeah, and the drubbing probably left a sour taste for Jazz fans watching it on TV but wow, it's a challenge to not run up the score when one team only scores 9 points in the 4th quarter. I'm sure the fans were already bummed when they only scored 22 points in the 2nd quarter - good thing they didn't know what the next 2 quarters would bring.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow get rid of Melo and houston just beats down the Warriors in the 2nd half last night.

Curry is supposed to miss at least 5 more games, tough road for them right now it's tough to replace him when they have guys like Livingston and Iggy who regularly need rest or even full nights off. 1-2 years ago they were able to lose Curry and still win regularly, a bit tougher now.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Green possibly cost them 1 championship when he got suspended pre-Durant.

Now could he have cost the Warriors a dynasty or maybe a 3peat?

This guys head is bigger than his game, I get he's great glue guy and does a lot of intangibles but you can't win without great shooters around you like Curry and Thompson. Durant is the icing on top of the icing.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Green possibly cost them 1 championship when he got suspended pre-Durant.

Now could he have cost the Warriors a dynasty or maybe a 3peat?

This guys head is bigger than his game, I get he's great glue guy and does a lot of intangibles but you can't win without great shooters around you like Curry and Thompson. Durant is the icing on top of the icing.

He's the opposite of glue right now.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As bad as the Suns are, at least we aren't the Kings. Apparently Joerger is on the hot seat because he's not playing Bagley enough for their front offices liking. The Kings being 8 and 8 right now and one of the surprises of this season doesn't seem to matter. If they fire him they're idiots and are battling Sarver and Co for being the most incompetent front office in the Western Conference.

I don't think we should fire Igor to replace him with Joerger but bringing him on as assistant might help.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-di...-coach-dave-joergers-dismissal-003326681.html

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warriors lose 3 in a row in Texas, last 2 without Curry and Draymond. I thought they got screwed a bit in both Dallas and SA by the refs. in the Dallas game there were 3-4 blatant pushoffs in the 4th quarter that led to Dallas buckets, Kerr nearly got his 2nd T of the game on one of them. But man was Doncic impressive, even Iggy couldn't stop him.

Tonight there were just some very bad calls, Klay cleanly rejects Derozan with one second on the shot clock they call a foul, driving in Derozan clearly walks no call they get the rebound and score.

But we're also seeing some of the negatives of Durant with Curry out for an extended time he's 1-17 on 3's and he's just not taking advantage of teams throwing 2 and 3 guys at him, when he drives he's still way too often forcing up bad looks. 14 assists in last 4 games, 6 tonight is not bad, but given the amount of defensive effort teams are throwing at him he could get 6 APG easily if he'd give the ball up a bit more. His defense has also not been as good although I think that's probably fatigue trying to carry the load on offense.

And despite the NBA record game Klay continues to struggle from 3, 13 for his last 50 over 5 games from 3.

Not saying the Durant and Green issue isn't a big factor in this slump, it absolutely is, but it's mainly without Curry, teams are really going after Klay and Durant and it's working

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Didn't realize Klay shot so many 3's still, even with Durant. I guess with no Curry though his attempts will go up. I know TJ Warren has shot 50 3's on the season, 13 games, and seeing Klay as shot that many in 5 games is surprising. It's even weirder that TJ has made 23 of his attempts. The most he's taken in a season before was 98, and he'll surpass that by Christmas if he keeps up his pace. Just thought that was interesting to note after seeing Klay's gone 13-50 in his last 5 games.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't realize Klay shot so many 3's still, even with Durant. I guess with no Curry though his attempts will go up. I know TJ Warren has shot 50 3's on the season, 13 games, and seeing Klay as shot that many in 5 games is surprising. It's even weirder that TJ has made 23 of his attempts. The most he's taken in a season before was 98, and he'll surpass that by Christmas if he keeps up his pace. Just thought that was interesting to note after seeing Klay's gone 13-50 in his last 5 games.

If you watch them play Klay is not just in a slump now he's mechanically changed his shot. Jim Barnett has been talking about it he said the ones that go in look like Klay's shot but many of the misses just look bad, like he's so flummoxed by the misses that he's subconsciously changing his shot. Got to be the longest slump of his career, take away Zach Lavine's "defense" and it's staggering.

For the season he's 44 for 137 or 32%. That one game he was 14-24 so basically a third of his made 3's in 18 games, came in 1 game.

Take out that game he's 30 for 113 on the year or 26.5%.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If you watch them play Klay is not just in a slump now he's mechanically changed his shot. Jim Barnett has been talking about it he said the ones that go in look like Klay's shot but many of the misses just look bad, like he's so flummoxed by the misses that he's subconsciously changing his shot. Got to be the longest slump of his career, take away Zach Lavine's "defense" and it's staggering.

For the season he's 44 for 137 or 32%. That one game he was 14-24 so basically a third of his made 3's in 18 games, came in 1 game.

Take out that game he's 30 for 113 on the year or 26.5%.
Wow that’s rather shocking for Klay.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Klay plays D too. I don’t watch them at all but maybe he’s compensating for have to play both ends of the court.

Also he’s a second or third fiddle meaning he has no chance to get consistent shots up. He has to get shots in the course of the game.

Just speculating as I don’t watch them enough.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Klay plays D too. I don’t watch them at all but maybe he’s compensating for have to play both ends of the court.

Also he’s a second or third fiddle meaning he has no chance to get consistent shots up. He has to get shots in the course of the game.

He's getting 19 shots per game this season so I don't think it's a lack of consistent opportunities. I would think getting that many looks on a team where several other players draw even more defensive attention would be quite a plus. But with Curry missing, I'm sure they've tightened up on him.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Julius Randle, 21/14/10 triple-double in a win against the Spurs tonight, in 25 minutes.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's getting 19 shots per game this season so I don't think it's a lack of consistent opportunities. I would think getting that many looks on a team where several other players draw even more defensive attention would be quite a plus. But with Curry missing, I'm sure they've tightened up on him.

Right per game, but I said shots in the course of the game. To clarify I mean in the flow of the game rather than around it. But true with Curry ( hate calling him steph) out he should get more opportunities within the game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

With Steph and Draymond out he doesn't get the same good looks too, better defense and no Draymond to set him up. He and Draymond are terrific together both with the back cuts for layups and the kickouts for 3.s Also Draymond has a knack for getting guys wide open with moving screens.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
"First We Feast" YouTube show has Blake Griffin taking the hot wing challenge. After watching this I find Blake to be pleasantly personable and soft spoken. He gives a little back stage insight into the NBA lifestyle thats interesting. For anybody who's interested in watching Ive included the YT link.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"First We Feast" YouTube show has Blake Griffin taking the hot wing challenge. After watching this I find Blake to be pleasantly personable and soft spoken. He gives a little back stage insight into the NBA lifestyle thats interesting. For anybody who's interested in watching Ive included the YT link.

He did roast battle with Jeff Ross and came off really like able.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard