OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Metta World Peace released using the amnesty clause.

Side note: Howard allegedly asked Lakers' brass if they planned to amnesty Kobe before he decided to leave town.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers sign Nick Young to one-year deal

Lakers sign Nick Young to one-year deal

http://nba.si.com/2013/07/12/nick-young-lakers-contract-agreement-sign-deal/

The Lakers announced Thursday the signing of unrestricted free agent guard Nick Young to a one-year contract. The Los Angeles Times reports that Young will receive the veteran’s minimum.

“At 6’7,” Nick’s size, ability to create his own shot and athleticism make him a versatile player who will give our lineup multiple looks on the floor,” Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak said in a statement. “He’s an exciting player, and we’re excited to have him on our roster.”

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just you wait, Gee. Just you wait. You'll be a bandwagon Lakers fan and I will save every pleading "just win Lakers" post from you for posterity.

yeah, they gonna suuuuuuck.

nash/blake
meeks/kobe (most of the season)
ryan anderson (second rounder)
Jordan Hill/Pau
Pau/Kaman

the end. 30 wins is the ceiling. Bledsoe alone gives you SOOO much more firepower. Bledsoe puts that ratass group above in the playoffs.

LOL...you're delusional here.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I don't think the Lakers will be as bad as people are suggesting. Kobe and Gasol are still both top 25 players in the NBA and if Nash is healthy that's enough for 45 wins or so. Plus they lose locker room cancer D12 as well.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I don't think the Lakers will be as bad as people are suggesting. Kobe and Gasol are still both top 25 players in the NBA and if Nash is healthy that's enough for 45 wins or so. Plus they lose locker room cancer D12 as well.

That depends on Kobe's injury entirely. If he's out until January or so, they are easily a sub .500 team. Team has zero depth and will heavily rely on Nash and Gasol, both of whom aren't spring chickens and will both miss some time due to injury.

As long as L.A. barely misses the playoffs, I'm fine with that provided Silver doesn't pull a "frozen envelope" trick for that team during his first draft.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nick Young signing makes me happy; nice to have a guy who can create his own shot not named Kobe.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm delusional because the Lakers are going to suck??

you're delusional because you're already thinking everything's going to go the Lakers way (as usual)...meaning, it's the perfect year to be really bad and thus the Lakers will be and end up with Wiggins.

30 wins as the ceiling for a team that will likely have Nash/Kobe/Pau playing together for 60 games? while getting rid of the cancer that was Dwight? i'll believe it when I see it.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you're delusional because you're already thinking everything's going to go the Lakers way (as usual)...meaning, it's the perfect year to be really bad and thus the Lakers will be and end up with Wiggins.

30 wins as the ceiling for a team that will likely have Nash/Kobe/Pau playing together for 60 games? while getting rid of the cancer that was Dwight? i'll believe it when I see it.

I think the starting five will be fun to watch. And the bench will get terrorized. Kobe won't play until January, Nash plays half of games, Pau can't run 48 either.

Signing Kaman was a big deal.

This team is dead in the water, and yeah, it's great they'll be horrible this season. Laker luck. Probably won't get Wiggins, but top 4 pick will be nice.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jordan Farmar a Laker once again after a stint in Turkey.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the starting five will be fun to watch. And the bench will get terrorized. Kobe won't play until January, Nash plays half of games, Pau can't run 48 either.

Signing Kaman was a big deal.

This team is dead in the water, and yeah, it's great they'll be horrible this season. Laker luck. Probably won't get Wiggins, but top 4 pick will be nice.

again, you're delusional if you think they're going to be around the 4th worst team in the league. they'll be scratching and clawing for the last playoff spot, probably end up 9th or 10th or so in the West.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most satisfying game by the Lakers in a couple of years. That was awesome.

Lakes when out and made themselves just good enough to not get lottery, so I hope the ef they can gel like this long term.

Xavier Henry might be a steal. I like Nick Young as a gunner.

Farmar backing up Nash is just what was needed.

Beating the clips on opening night was noice.

Getting rid of Dwight has loosened up this team tremendously. We ain't winning a chip this year, but we will be a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Pringles is a good coach again?

I've never said he was good or bad, really. He's damn decent.

He sure hasn't been able to run his scheme in LA yet though...but last night was more in the line of what he does coaching. Run it and gun it, and a bunch of "who?" guys end up playing really well.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's more what I was expecting. Missing tons of shots tho.

Klay Thompson needs to come home.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never said he was good or bad, really. He's damn decent.

He sure hasn't been able to run his scheme in LA yet though...but last night was more in the line of what he does coaching. Run it and gun it, and a bunch of "who?" guys end up playing really well.

Hahaha, the correct answer is no.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Laker fans are funny.

During the Clippers game Laker fans were crowing all game about them. Last night, nary a peep.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Laker fans are funny.

During the Clippers game Laker fans were crowing all game about them. Last night, nary a peep.

Pfft, I peeped.

clippers are stupid. warriors are legit. lakers are going to be hit or miss. They are more fun to watch though, flat out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Xavier Henry is "blossoming" just like Earl Clark did for the Lakers, right D-Dogg. Give it time...he'll be nothing within a matter of weeks. but right now, someone's gotta take shots.

and DA is "damn decent". you're drinking drano.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Xavier Henry is "blossoming" just like Earl Clark did for the Lakers, right D-Dogg. Give it time...he'll be nothing within a matter of weeks. but right now, someone's gotta take shots.

and DA is "damn decent". you're drinking drano.

Earl Clark did play well for the Lakers. :shrug:

Damn decent is a joke.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson