The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"It [coming back from a 1-3 hole] has to happen at some point, so why not us?" Lakers guard Derek Fisher said late Sunday night. "Why not make history? Whatever it takes to become a champion you have to be willing to do it. This opportunity does not come around every season."

Force game 7! We are in the final four...two wins and we hoist a trophy...one loss we go home. June madness....Go Lakes!!!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Force game 7! We are in the final four...two wins and we hoist a trophy...one loss we go home. June madness....Go Lakes!!!
I thought that "I didn't go to college" quote was kinda dumb. Like he didn't go to college or something. :pb

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Strangely? You guys don't normally get excited about elimination games? Especially as it is against your arch rival? You guys are weird.

Ever since game 4, I've had little "excitement." Even winning game 5. Just pissed we weren't up 3-2 then. Oh, I'm jazzed to see them play, but it is difficult to be excited about your own elimination in an elimination game.

"Strangely" excited is different though. I'm getting a weird, optimistic vibe that we are going to win this one...no objective reasoning, just a feeling. I haven't felt like this at any point in the series, and it is a good feeling. We can make history here...it would be the greatest comeback of all time. Maybe that's it...the opportunity to have something historic happen. I don't know if I could survive a game 7 in this one, though.

As I wrote somewhere else though...I'm not sure if this is a "we are about to land on the moon!" kind of excitement or a Custer "those don't look like my calvary" kind of excitement.

Last edited:

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score

He better force game 7 otherwise he will have to make the treaded choice of picking a Gucci or Ives saint Laurent Banana Hammock during his vacation. :)

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I havea feeling somebodies birthday will be spoiled.

Damn I need a smiley! :)

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I'm sure the Laker regulars have already seen this, but the LA rag did a computer simulation to attempt to determine the best Laker team of all-time. The 71-72 team beat the 86-87 team 4-1. I would pay a lot of money to see that.

Even though I dislike the Lakers, I have an immense amount of respect for the history and lineage of the franchise. Through the years, they have probably been the most entertaining team to watch from a pure fun objective basketball standpoint. I wish I was old enough to have seen guys like Wilt, Logo, Elgin, and Goodrich play first hand.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-spw-finalround13-2008jun13,1,159895.story

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Strangely? You guys don't normally get excited about elimination games? Especially as it is against your arch rival? You guys are weird.
I suppose it is somehow understandable. Odom and Gasol, among others, looked loke they didn't get excited for the game.