That FG attempt

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Shows the stupidity of Kliff as a HC. I called it to the wife before he kicked it.

Dumb dumb dump!!!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Virtually impossible length

Great kick returner

Offensive linemen on field instead of punt or kick coverage team

Who could see that going bad?

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The highlights of the day

68 and 66 yards kicks.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, since we did win and I have calmed way down, I'm not nearly as upset at the 68 yd field goal try. What I am still a little upset at, is that we did not have some type of defensive personnel or plan in place to prevent what did happen.
Or, maybe they did, and it just didn't work?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, since we did win and I have calmed way down, I'm not nearly as upset at the 68 yd field goal try. What I am still a little upset at, is that we did not have some type of defensive personnel or plan in place to prevent what did happen.
No. You are not going to change up the FG unit and put a bunch of DBs and LBs in there. They would get blown off the line and the thing would be blocked.

So, you do it or you don't. Lesson is, don't blindly trust Prater. He said he would make it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No they didn’t. Those were slow offensive linemen trying to tackle a top notch kick returner. Genius.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No. You are not going to change up the FG unit and put a bunch of DBs and LBs in there. They would get blown off the line and the thing would be blocked.

So, you do it or you don't. Lesson is, don't blindly trust Prater. He said he would make it.
No great coach should trust any player in that kind of situation. You’re the coach. Make the right call.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Regardless of the results, the 68 yard field goal attempt was on target and not short by much.

Consider me impressed by the strength of Prater's leg.

64-65 yards is maybe worthy of a try… 68 yards at sea level is just stupid considering the risk/reward. Try a Hail Mary or get PI and receive the 2nd half kick off.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
64-65 yards is maybe worthy of a try… 68 yards at sea level is just stupid considering the risk/reward. Try a Hail Mary or get PI and receive the 2nd half kick off.

I think it would have been an NFL record if Prater made it. It was awfully close. I'm always more forgiving when we win.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
2 things:\

1. That FG attempt was dang near perfect. Would have been good in Denver.

2. That run back of the FG looked so much like our SB gaff at end of half vs Steelers, just on opposite side of field. It reminded me of that as soon as it started with our guys bumping into each other and then chasing him down the field.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guess its easy to be a Monday morning QB and rip KK for the call but Prater has the leg and it worked a week ago from 62 yds out. The worse call was from Jags OC Bevell for a flea-flicker that was intercepted and run back by the Cards' Murphy for a TD. That really changed the game.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Guess its easy to be a Monday morning QB and rip KK for the call but Prater has the leg and it worked a week ago from 62 yds out. The worse call was from Jags OC Bevell for a flea-flicker that was intercepted and run back by the Cards' Murphy for a TD. That really changed the game.
In reviewing all we know, I think the call was suspect.

Because of the players on the field for a FG attempt are mostly OL, the chances of a returner scoring on that play are much higher than a normal return.

The chances of making the kick are probably lower than returning the kick. And its a 3 point gain vs a 7 point loss.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Prater has a leg but yea best kicker in lg tucker barly crossbar bounce made 66 plus fg...

Prayin kliff learned from mistake this isnt texas tech opponents this is no mercy nfl.....

Awesome to be 3 0 and very lucky not 1 2.... lol Joseph miss was godly lucky

Rise up red sea go cards!!

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, I know that you can't prepare for every possibility, but, the odds of him making that kick are pretty slim as it has never been done in a game situation before. So, I just think we should have had some little extra plan in place for that possibility.
I know my first thought was the likelihood of a run back. And I'm just an old pessimistic arm chair quarterback.