That’s Why You Fire Kliff

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah after the collapse last year I could see it. But at 4-0 and the only undefeated in the NFL this year it is crazy talk.
Again, this thread was made mid-game after the missed 68 yard FG attempt was returned for a TD. No one has called for his head over a week later when we’ve reached 4-0.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well, we are in year three, so not anywhere near the start.
Personally, I gave Kliff a pass year one. The roster he took over was a disaster and Vince Lombardi couldn't have turned that team into a winner.

Year two was uneven. Started well, fell apart after injuries and the lack of playmakers on offense downed the team. I don't give Kliff a pass, but he was an 8-8 coach, he was his record. I saw improvement from year one to year two, so that buys him a bit more time.

This year is showing that Kliff can coach at this level. The Cardinals have the league's best offense and a better than average defense.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
My gripe against all of the talk about firing Kingsbury is that every time you'd look through bad Kyler plays, you'd see open receivers. Kyler has gotten better and all of a sudden, Kingsbury has the best offense in the NFL.

Part of it IS the genius of Kyler Murray, but Kingsbury's offense and playcalling has been pretty damn good too. That 54 yard run by Chase Edmonds was a spectacular play, the Rams were completely out of position and the team gashed them good and completely killed their fight.

I think Kingsbury is one of the best offensive minds in football and we're seeing now. He still isn't a top game manager, but his offense usually makes up for it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My gripe against all of the talk about firing Kingsbury is that every time you'd look through bad Kyler plays, you'd see open receivers. Kyler has gotten better and all of a sudden, Kingsbury has the best offense in the NFL.

Part of it IS the genius of Kyler Murray, but Kingsbury's offense and playcalling has been pretty damn good too. That 54 yard run by Chase Edmonds was a spectacular play, the Rams were completely out of position and the team gashed them good and completely killed their fight.

I think Kingsbury is one of the best offensive minds in football and we're seeing now. He still isn't a top game manager, but his offense usually makes up for it.
But this entire thread calling for his firing wasn’t about olaycalling or play design. It was about game management.

Also didn’t we just find out on another thread that Edmonds gallop was a called pass play that kyler audibles out of?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
But this entire thread calling for his firing wasn’t about olaycalling or play design. It was about game management.

Also didn’t we just find out on another thread that Edmonds gallop was a called pass play that kyler audibles out of?
I didn't see that piece of news.

As @Chopper0080 has pointed out on a number of occasions, we actually never really know when it was an audible or not.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I didn't see that piece of news.

As @Chopper0080 has pointed out on a number of occasions, we actually never really know when it was an audible or not.
There’s so much of the game that we really don’t have insight into during the game. We see something succeed or fail but in the moment we don’t know if it was by design, by luck, by someone going rogue, etc.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Again, this thread was made mid-game after the missed 68 yard FG attempt was returned for a TD. No one has called for his head over a week later when we’ve reached 4-0.
Yea, along with a number of other issues with him. I remain skeptical of Kliff because I’ve seen more bad than good, including choking at the end of the season with a chance to make the playoffs. Hopefully, he makes a clown of me and gets into the postseason.

The last coach that started 4-0 for the cardinals was fired after the season. There’s a lot of football to be played

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yea, along with a number of other issues with him. I remain skeptical of Kliff because I’ve seen more bad than good, including choking at the end of the season with a chance to make the playoffs. Hopefully, he makes a clown of me and gets into the postseason.

The last coach that started 4-0 for the cardinals was fired after the season. There’s a lot of football to be played
Sure, but the circumstances of the other 4-0 team are universes apart.

How much of the "good" that he has done that's right in your blinders?

K2 may not be BB, but given what the Cardinals have had...in its entirety of a franchise, he has been pretty decent so far.

Remember, he took over one of the worst teams in existence and one of, if not the most pathetic franchise in existence, and has improved every year. From someone who has never had ANY NFL coaching experience, ever. I am fairly certain he is the only one to ever do so.

That's pretty damn impressive regardless of anything else. I think the players were just as easily as fault as coaches for the collapse last year and I think they know it. But you know what? Maybe it was a good thing. This year is a different mentality that wouldn't have been sharpened if not for the collapse last year. As long as there is growth, I'm fine with it.

Enjoy the moment while it lasts, we've only had a few of em.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Huh? Are we not great right now? Leading the league in offense? Leading the NFC West? You don't consider that great?
Pete Carroll was 7-9 in back-to-back seasons to start off his Seahawks tenure. Sometimes it takes a few years to turn things around.

I could see the doubt if year two shows no improvement.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Sure, but the circumstances of the other 4-0 team are universes apart.

How much of the "good" that he has done that's right in your blinders?

K2 may not be BB, but given what the Cardinals have had...in its entirety of a franchise, he has been pretty decent so far.

Remember, he took over one of the worst teams in existence and one of, if not the most pathetic franchise in existence, and has improved every year. From someone who has never had ANY NFL coaching experience, ever. I am fairly certain he is the only one to ever do so.

That's pretty damn impressive regardless of anything else. I think the players were just as easily as fault as coaches for the collapse last year and I think they know it. But you know what? Maybe it was a good thing. This year is a different mentality that wouldn't have been sharpened if not for the collapse last year. As long as there is growth, I'm fine with it.

Enjoy the moment while it lasts, we've only had a few of em.
If KK didn't have so many play calling gaffs and didn't have a team that gets numerous pre-snap penalties, I'd buy into this success so far with no reservations. If he's somehow evolved into a solid coach, that's great for everyone. I think there's a better chance that this team regresses to the mean than wins the division based on his past failures. This is still the same team and coach that should've lost against Minnesota and was down two scores to the Jaguars. Four games isn't enough to mitigate some of the concerns, though he could very well have figured it out.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I personally like Kliff a lot. To me a good “manager” is someone who removes barriers for their staff to be able to perform. Kliff doesn’t try and push players into what they aren’t comfortable with, like Isabella and catching. We’ve seen enough of the coaches who shove players into their schemes etc… not good

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff now has the 3rd highest winner percentage of any coach in Cardinals history with a minimum of 2 seasons coached. (Lots of 2-0 coaches when we had several HCs in 1961 as well as under 20 games coached in the 20s). If we go 7-3 the rest of the way, he will pass Coryell and Arians with a higher winning percentage and will finish the season in 6th all time with wins.

Oh and Pete Carroll has a losing record in his first 2 years in Seattle.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff now has the 3rd highest winner percentage of any coach in Cardinals history with a minimum of 2 seasons coached. (Lots of 2-0 coaches when we had several HCs in 1961 as well as under 20 games coached in the 20s). If we go 7-3 the rest of the way, he will pass Coryell and Arians with a higher winning percentage and will finish the season in 6th all time with wins.
He's not first already? Fire him!!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

This organization has a really sad history.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Sad but awesome at the same time. Maybe a modern day Don Coryell.

I think "Phoenix" Cardinal fans forget how bad we have been for so long.

You must be registered for see images attach

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KK has shown growth each and every year. The early talk of his demise was all based on a what if we go 6-11 this year.

Looks like Kliff will be around for a while.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sad but awesome at the same time. Maybe a modern day Don Coryell.

I think "Phoenix" Cardinal fans forget how bad we have been for so long.

You must be registered for see images attach
If you look at the stretch from 87 to 97 and then from 99 to 07, it is clear why some of us, especially long time season ticket holders, have never been that down on Kingsbury. Even Kliffs first season, there were FOURTEEN seasons in Arizona when the team had a worse record than that!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard