That’s Why You Fire Kliff

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Kliff didn't forget how to design and call plays between last year's 7-0 start and now.
He may have not forgotten how to design and call plays, but he has NEVER found a way to be effective without Hopkins, and he hasn't been able to scheme an effective run game since then.

Absolving Kliff of blame based on a hot start last year is getting to be more tenuous ground with each passing week. Early 2021 Cards ain't coming back, and holding on to that hope will only keep us in this position longer.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He may have not forgotten how to design and call plays, but he has NEVER found a way to be effective without Hopkins, and he hasn't been able to scheme an effective run game since then.

Absolving Kliff of blame based on a hot start last year is getting to be more tenuous ground with each passing week. Early 2021 Cards ain't coming back, and holding on to that hope will only keep us in this position longer.
Literally who is doing this?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, I see it with my own eyes during games. People are open, and have been for as long as people have complained about Kliff's playcalling. If Kyler was connecting on these deep passes and getting the ball out faster, we're all having a good time.

Kliff didn't forget how to design and call plays between last year's 7-0 start and now.
While I think there are throws there to be made, Every single year of Kliff’s career, his offenses fall off a… cliff… for lack of a better word. Teams get tape on what Kliff does and he rarely adjusts. I think that’s part of this issue. Teams usually figure out his offense as seasons go on and this season, he just looks completely out of moves.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do disagree with you that Kliff would be hard to replace with an equivalent or better alternative. I don't know if Kliff is the worst head coach in the NFL, or bottom five, or whatever. I do think he's in the middle 12 or so. Just based on that, I think you can move someone in who would be as good as Kliff but in a different way that could be more effective in reaching Kyler (literally the only thing that matters to this franchise in the next 2-3 years).

Its not so much that I think we couldn't get a better coach. More that I don't think the result would be better with Kyler's scheme limitations and attitude.

But who knows. Can't get much worse.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If they win 2 more games, his job is safe.

I don't think it comes down to record.

I think it will depend on if they feel there is an issue between Kliff and Kyler. If they aren't 100% on the same page and have each others backs I'm not sure how they can continue.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People aren’t running open. Britt is NOT an NFL offensive advisor..his clips are very selective and don’t take into consider MANY important variables.

You want to see wide open? Take a look at the Seahawks brill out of their TE that worked for 5 first downs including a 51 yarder to seal the game. Take a look at Miamis offense. There’s about 15 other offenses i could rattle off that are wide open.

Our playcalling is atrocious, predictable..non inventive.. you’re blind. It’s that obvious to everyone here.

Kyler HAS plenty of faults, but he’s dealing with possibly the worse deck of cards in the NFL currently

"Brit doesn't work for the NFL and his videos of showing guys wide open as he doesn't go through his reads don't take into account variables such as... erm... tactical check downs. I'm sure it's Kliff's fault.

But here's me, also not an expert, telling you others teams are open in a much better or different way with no evidence or effort. Just believe me, there's at least 15. If Kyler was in these offenses he would be awesome. Even though he was awesome in this exact offense last year its the scheme. Not at all Kyler"

I feel more stupid having read your post.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
You're pointing the finger at me? Who's actively calling for Kliff to be fired? For real?
No, merely asking why you appear to be defending him at the same time. That's the confusing part!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can work around Kyler’s limitations.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Tua, another short QB, outright said what his limitations were. That hasn’t stopped him playing MVP ball.
Kyler can see the whole field, so much that he doesn’t need to pour over film like other QBs… according to Kyler.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
If you want to play the blame game I suppose you can blame Kliff for poor game clock / TO management? Or you can blame Keim for not building quality depth? And you have to blame Kyler for his boneheaded rookie mistakes even with a stripped down offensive playbook. But most of the blame should be pointed at NFL players who dont have enough pride to catch, block, or tackle on a consistent basis. I doubt a different HC will have much success with what he has to work with? But there is always hope!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
While I think there are throws there to be made, Every single year of Kliff’s career, his offenses fall off a… cliff… for lack of a better word. Teams get tape on what Kliff does and he rarely adjusts. I think that’s part of this issue. Teams usually figure out his offense as seasons go on and this season, he just looks completely out of moves.
A lot of that is because the QB also does not adjust. OCs call plays that their QBs like, and the defenses scheme to take those things away. That is why Kyler's crutch of Hopkins matters and Brown needed to be added. Kyler doesn't want to do things he doesn't like to do and so he continues to struggle. How many vertical go routes odes he have to miss on? How many one read, throw the ball into coverage plays does he need to run? Kyler can barely execute this mundane scheme, how is he going to execute one that changes weekly?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You can work around Kyler’s limitations.

Tua, another short QB, outright said what his limitations were. That hasn’t stopped him playing MVP ball.
Kyler doesn't see himself as limited. Tua has self awareness and Kyler has yet to learn it.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Your snark, as #1 cheerleader, is pretty hilarious at this point. I'd be lying low if I were wrong about basically everything in the offseason, but I appreciate you pushing right through!
Kliff is a problem because of Kyler, thus needs to be replaced. Kyler isn't a problem because of Kliff. It's incredibly lazy to not look at Kyler's performances and see that he has issues that are independent of a head coach.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
"Brit doesn't work for the NFL and his videos of showing guys wide open as he doesn't go through his reads don't take into account variables such as... erm... tactical check downs. I'm sure it's Kliff's fault.

But here's me, also not an expert, telling you others teams are open in a much better or different way with no evidence or effort. Just believe me, there's at least 15. If Kyler was in these offenses he would be awesome. Even though he was awesome in this exact offense last year its the scheme. Not at all Kyler"

I feel more stupid having read your post.
Don’t think that’s possible based on your hot takes

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If you want to play the blame game I suppose you can blame Kliff for poor game clock / TO management? Or you can blame Keim for not building quality depth? And you have to blame Kyler for his boneheaded rookie mistakes even with a stripped down offensive playbook. But most of the blame should be pointed at NFL players who dont have enough pride to catch, block, or tackle on a consistent basis. I doubt a different HC will have much success with what he has to work with? But there is always hope!
There is plenty to blame on Kliff. That is unquestioned. The execution and scheme of the offense isn't really one. That is on Kyler.

(Kliff's inability to be able to coach Kyler in executing his offense is a Kliff issue)

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its not so much that I think we couldn't get a better coach. More that I don't think the result would be better with Kyler's scheme limitations and attitude.

But who knows. Can't get much worse.
Doesn't matter. You need to try to be able to find out. It very well could be likely they both suck and we need to move on from both eventually. But the coach always goes first for a reason and the reason seems fairly obvious when it comes to Kliff.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About all we can do is talk. It sounds like Kliff Kingsbury isn't going anywhere at the moment, per John Gambadoro.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler doesn't see himself as limited. Tua has self awareness and Kyler has yet to learn it.
I agree wholeheartedly. It’s up to himself if he wants to change. If he remains with the lack of awareness, that’s on him & he’ll never be what he wants to be. He’ll never win.

However, I do think it’s laughable that he can’t be schemed around.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave