Thank you Kliff

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1) MIA was missing 5 assistant coaches.

2) MIA was missing its top 2 RBs.

3) MIA played the 2nd half without their #2 WR

4) Cardinals forced 0 turnovers from a rookie QB playing his 2nd game.

5) MIA went 3-3 in the Red Zone. All touchdowns.

I blame Kliff a good amount for this game, but Vance is truly hilarious.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
You know what’s really bad the cardinals knew before the game started that a win would jump them to 1st in the division and they come out and look like that. It’s been a while since I’ve been this upset about a loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PJ1

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

too many penalties kept Miami drives going, costly fumble, Isabella brain fart before halftime, conservative play calls to when you need half a yard. Kk sometimes you just have to get bloody and demand your OL to get you that half yard between the tackles

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Best way to put. Kliff couldnt call a good enough game to overcome an embarrassing defensive gameplan.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
at least we didn't have any WR bubble screens for a loss. Hopefully they have been removed from the play book.
TBF Miami was pretty much asking for a bubble screen with how far they were playing off our receivers on a lot of relatively short yardage situations.

nooch

Veteran
Reaction score
I was calling them to run the ball on the 4th and 1 play, my reasoning was Kyler was over 100 yards rushing at that point and took a big hit the play before. Chase was getting guys to miss and looked to be on the verge of breaking a big run. I put more blame on the O-line on that one play get some push for 1 yard.

Oh wait I'm a Kliff homer sorry

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I was initially super heated at Kliff but I keep coming back to this & start getting more angrier at Vance

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff sucks but we also had Isabella run himself out of a 1st down that killed a drive and led to a FG before the half. We also had a ton of stupid penalties. Our D game plan sucked too. We were out coached badly, lack of discipline and football IQ is becoming a staple of the Kingsbury offense
You forgot to mention the offense accounted for 7 of their points.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
too many penalties kept Miami drives going, costly fumble, Isabella brain fart before halftime, conservative play calls to when you need half a yard. Kk sometimes you just have to get bloody and demand your OL to get you that half yard between the tackles
Too many penalties has been an issue all season. That’s all about coaching & discipline.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Too many penalties has been an issue all season. That’s all about coaching & discipline.
I agree to an extent, but Arians for instance is all about holding people accountable and TB is one of the worst in the league in penalties. I think it has more to do with us having a lot of young guys that still do some dumb things. Fotu for instance committed two of the penalties to include quite possibly the most costly one (facemask on Tua). Of the other penalties in the game PP had a PI that was a weak call, Baker had a UR that was pretty weak, Murray had a holding that from what I have heard was pretty weak. Really we had a couple NZ penalties and the Fotu facemask that were boneheaded, but for the most part it was at best 50/50 calls that the ref went against us on.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys, we missed a 49 yard FG. It happens! The coach called a bad TO. It happens a lot! They made big play on 4th and 1. It happens!!! We made huge plays in high leverage spots against SF (member the fumble into the end zone?) and Sea (too many to count)

missing big kicks happens... too much.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah he has a poor man's Andy Reid feel right now.

For all my frustration, that is a head coach though. If he was our offensive coordinator he would be the #1 HC candidate.

We just need to temper our expectations for another year.

How many years have you been tempering expectations for?

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Terrible play calling on the last set of downs. Kliff went went with 2 straight runs into the middle of the line when we had not been successful running the ball up the middle all game long. His failure to stay aggressive and keep the game in Murray's hands was a mistake. We needed to play for a touchdown, and not play conservatively thinking that we were in field goal range when we all know that our kicker is not reliable from beyond 40 yards in crunch time. Terrible game management in the end.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This thread blows my mind.

Play calling was great all night long. Offense was phenomenal. Kyler missed the 3rd down throw and somehow our kicker came up short on a 49 yarder (don’t remember the last time I’ve seen that).

The sequence at the end of the first half was awful and inexcusable by both Kliff and Andy.

Our defense killed us today. Couldn’t get meaningful stops.

We are 5 and 3 with one of the best offenses in the league and our defense was extremely thin today.

Maybe I’m crazy, but I’m still excited about Kliff and the future of this team. As hopeless as things felt 18 months ago, I’m thrilled with our progress. We still have a ways to go, but we are headed the right direction.

Let’s not get silly.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Not to mention short. Who misses a FG from 49 yards short? High-schoolers maybe? Maybe some guys at small colleges?

Cause he felt pressure and took something off for better accuracy. Now it’s a legit thing we have to account for in future pressure spots.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Not to mention short. Who misses a FG from 49 yards short? High-schoolers maybe? Maybe some guys at small colleges?
Agree. Rarely are kicks < 55 yards short with how big of legs kickers have these days. Maybe he got under the ball too much, IDK.

That said, he has missed a few pressure kicks, though most have been long ones.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I said numerous numerous times since the day Kliff was hired that his situational football was poor at Tech & it continues to be poor for the Big Red.

I believe it was after the Skins game that Kliffs analytics decisions were going to cost the Cards a win & today it most likely happened.

Going for it nearly every time on 4th & short in your own territory game after game will bite them in the butt soon as well. Kyler has saved him numerous times already in those situations.

Stop the madness Kliff, this is the NFL not college football
This game is why he’s a loser as a head coach. Did not make one good decision in a critical situation.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah he has a poor man's Andy Reid feel right now.

For all my frustration, that is a head coach though. If he was our offensive coordinator he would be the #1 HC candidate.

We just need to temper our expectations for another year.

interesting. I’ve had the same thought when trying to give Kliff the benefit of the doubt... that maybe he’s like Andy Reid, only never got the chance to OC in the pros so he’s even further behind where Andy was when he became a HC.

and even when he did become a HC, he used to drive Eagles fans CRAZY with his game/clock management and ultimate inability to win the big one.

so, maybe Kliff is like two years behind Andy Reid, but were already a little ahead as far as wins and losses and in a couple years he can be a really good overall coach?

That’s what’s going thru my mind when I want to see the glass half full.

Other times I remember that he’s always been a loser as a HC, even with all-world talent at QB in college and isn’t really a HC but a great play designer. I mean, even as a play caller, he’s beyond schizophrenic as far as aggression and being conservative is concerned

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look

If every NFL Head Coach had equally talented teams and the head coaching abilities were solely the only factor between winning and losing - we'd have the #1 draft pick again in 2021

What I'm saying is Kyler Murray and this team is carrying Kliff Kingsbury

i definitely feel like Kyler is carrying Kliff and Vance right now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave