Thank you Kliff

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
my venting is more about

Kyler being a legit superstar
Kliff being a great playcaller with flaws (Andy Reid was BERATED heavily until last year for game mgmt issues)
Murphy and Kirkpatrick are really important
Mentioned in another thread.

But Reid/Chiefs should be the goal. Add more playmakers/improved OLine.

Kliff is never going to be Mr. game management guy. Get him more weapons to go full throttle.

If he's Mike D'Antoni Suns era of the NFL I'd be ok with that. Difference being our star player would be young.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
interesting. I’ve had the same thought when trying to give Kliff the benefit of the doubt... that maybe he’s like Andy Reid, only never got the chance to OC in the pros so he’s even further behind where Andy was when he became a HC.

and even when he did become a HC, he used to drive Eagles fans CRAZY with his game/clock management and ultimate inability to win the big one.

so, maybe Kliff is like two years behind Andy Reid, but were already a little ahead as far as wins and losses and in a couple years he can be a really good overall coach?

That’s what’s going thru my mind when I want to see the glass half full.

Other times I remember that he’s always been a loser as a HC, even with all-world talent at QB in college and isn’t really a HC but a great play designer. I mean, even as a play caller, he’s beyond schizophrenic as far as aggression and being conservative is concerned
Without a doubt
And thats why he wanted Kyler. HIs athleticism gives Kliff time to learn the NFL game. Its the ultimate bail out for him.

Kyler wasnt this athletic last year so the flaws got exposed more. Kliff is learning to win. Its going to be a process. While he's figuring it out we just need to embrace this

Its why when people would complain about Kyler's execution early in the year...My thing was just how prepared is he? The coach has a lot on his plate.

There's only a few HC's that call plays and Kliff is one of the few learning the NFL on the fly (Rhule had previous NFL experience)

Kliff should be fine. My only issue with him is he has Kyle Shanahan and McVay in his division. He needs to follow their misdirection/YAC creating plays blueprint.

Certainly would help on those short yardage plays

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
This thread blows my mind.

Play calling was great all night long. Offense was phenomenal. Kyler missed the 3rd down throw and somehow our kicker came up short on a 49 yarder (don’t remember the last time I’ve seen that).

The sequence at the end of the first half was awful and inexcusable by both Kliff and Andy.

Our defense killed us today. Couldn’t get meaningful stops.

We are 5 and 3 with one of the best offenses in the league and our defense was extremely thin today.

Maybe I’m crazy, but I’m still excited about Kliff and the future of this team. As hopeless as things felt 18 months ago, I’m thrilled with our progress. We still have a ways to go, but we are headed the right direction.

Let’s not get silly.

I’m just a casual observer of the Cardinals, as I live in Phoenix. I read these forums on occasion. This has got to be the most fair weather group of “fans” I have ever seen. Murray has gone from MVP to draft mistake to MVP in a matter of weeks. Isabella is up and coming..oh wait...he sucks. Kingsbury is an innovator rah rah rah..no he sucks. I could go on..

How about picking a team and sticking with it through thick and thin?Players have good games and bad games, but for them it’s a job. Are you perfect in your job everyday? I understand the fun of analyzing the game, but the weekly declarations by fans not in the know is funny.

Geez, just to see the hair trigger reactions is not only comical, it’s sad. And before you say every team is like that...NO they’re not. Or maybe it’s just the group here.

Most of you will disagree, and that’s OK. Just a casual observation by a casual observer.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I’m just a casual observer of the Cardinals, as I live in Phoenix. I read these forums on occasion. This has got to be the most fair weather group of “fans” I have ever seen. Murray has gone from MVP to draft mistake to MVP in a matter of weeks. Isabella is up and coming..oh wait...he sucks. Kingsbury is an innovator rah rah rah..no he sucks. I could go on..

How about picking a team and sticking with it through thick and thin?Players have good games and bad games, but for them it’s a job. Are you perfect in your job everyday? I understand the fun of analyzing the game, but the weekly declarations by fans not in the know is funny.

Geez, just to see the hair trigger reactions is not only comical, it’s sad. And before you say every team is like that...NO they’re not. Or maybe it’s just the group here.

Most of you will disagree, and that’s OK. Just a casual observation by a casual observer.
You are confusing fans being fickle with people actually giving up on their team. We are still all Cards fans win or lose.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah he has a poor man's Andy Reid feel right now.

For all my frustration, that is a head coach though. If he was our offensive coordinator he would be the #1 HC candidate.

We just need to temper our expectations for another year.

I see this team as immature and that includes the coach. Kliff definitely needs some more seasoning.

It's frustrating because the Cardinals had more talent than the Dolphins but I think the Dolphins are better coached at this point. The Dolphins just didn't make as many mental errors as the Cardinals and a lot of that has to do with coaching. Flores impressed me with how prepared his team was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard