Ted Turner to get involved?

Reaction score
I wonder if this is right. Has anyone else heard of anything like this?

So the stalled trade between the Suns and the feuding management of the Atlanta Hawks for Suns guard Joe Johnson is so bad that former Hawks owner Ted Turner is considering getting involved. Yeah, Get "Captain Courageous’’ involved. That should settle things real quick.
LINK

PrimeTime

Rookie
Reaction score
With the Hawks’ talons tied in knots, sources say five other teams, including the New Orleans Hornets — have called the Suns to gauge interest in the event of a trade collapse. It didn’t take this long for the Indians to trade Manhattan Island to the Dutch.

Five other teams? All the more options for the Suns. If only we knew the other 4 teams.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L
Reaction score
They added that info after I had posted the link. Or I would have quoted it as well. That makes sense, and I've been wondering why we haven't heard other S&T offers. This could end up working out well for us and JJ. That would be an interesting twist.

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If New Orleans is interested, I would definitely think the Suns should consider a

JJ

for

Dan Dickau and Kirk Snyder

I would think the Suns could apply to the league for some type of exception regarding the dealings with Atlanta which have tied their hands for a week. If so then they could become part of the 5 team 12 player deal.

Getting Snyder would be a much better move than adding Diaw. Getting Dickau gives us a backup point guard. I think once the Hornets acquired Snyder they finally had a piece that they may be willing to give up that they never could include in any previous negotiations and someone the Suns might have interest in.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
coloradosun said:
If New Orleans is interested, I would definitely think the Suns should consider a

JJ

for

I would think the Suns could apply to the league for some type of exception regarding the dealings with Atlanta which have tied their hands for a week. If so then they could become part of the 5 team 12 player deal.

Getting Snyder would be a much better move than adding Diaw. Getting Dickau gives us a backup point guard. I think once the Hornets acquired Snyder they finally had a piece that they may be willing to give up that they never could include in any previous negotiations and someone the Suns might have interest in.

I don't think that's possible since it's been more than 24 hours since Snyder was acquired. Oh, and the fact that the Suns are raped in that deal also qualifies it for a big NO.

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
I don't think that's possible since it's been more than 24 hours since Snyder was acquired. Oh, and the fact that the Suns are raped in that deal also qualifies it for a big NO.

I put in the disclaimer that they would probably have to apply for some type of exception, maybe you missed that.

I am sure that more would be included be it picks or a TE but those two players take care of some of the holes the Suns have. Snyder definitely has far more offensive potential than Diaw.

sunsfn

Reaction score
coloradosun said:

JJ

for

Are you kidding...........!!

I would not trade Barbosa for those two..........!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
coloradosun said:
I put in the disclaimer that they would probably have to apply for some type of exception, maybe you missed that.

I am sure that more would be included be it picks or a TE but those two players take care of some of the holes the Suns have. Snyder definitely has far more offensive potential than Diaw.

Even with an exception, the Suns would still get raped. This board tends to overrate the strangest players...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do think the league owes the Suns some type of exception for this Atlanta debacle.

Dickau sounds like a possible keeper as a backup PG but Kirk Synder is not on my radar. Isn't he a rookie?

I think the Suns need more for JJ than these two. I would have to think there might be some much better options for the Suns that would hopefully include a PG and a Center.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was from one of my posts yesterday, but I still think it may be applicable:

"I keep thinking this quarrel with Belkin and the rest of the Atlanta owners might be resolved tomorrow. It is only my hope, but I cannot see Atlanta wanting to air their dirty laundry in court on Tuesday and their gambling on JJ to wait."

sunsfn

Reaction score
fordronken said:
Well that's foolish.

I do not think so.

Snyder has played in Utah and they gave up on him very quick.

I do not have the same thoughts that others do about Dickau. He is really undersized and had a couple of good months. He may turn out to be a very good player, but, when I say I would not trade Barbosa for them, I would not trade Barbosa for Dickau, and simply do not want Snyder on my team for anybody.

That may be foolish to you, but certainly not to me.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sunsfn said:
I do not think so.

I do not have the same thoughts that others do about Dickau. He is really undersized and had a couple of good months. He may turn out to be a very good player, but, when I say I would not trade Barbosa for them, I would not trade Barbosa for Dickau, and simply do not want Snyder on my team for anybody.

Is this the same Synder that had a poor summer league? If so, then no. I'd be willing to consider Dickau (I'd rather have Speedy Claxton), but Synder would just have to be a throw-in, not part of the core compensation for JJ.

It would take much more for me to accept Barbosa as part of any trade.

Last edited:

fordronken

Reaction score
sunsfn said:
I do not think so.

I really think that Dickau is not only a better player than Barbosa, but he's also a better fit for this team.

PakistaniRambo

Registered
Reaction score
that trade would blow a fat nut. if you added some draft picks it could make it better, but i'd still prefer atlantas current offer. we are getting 2 picks from atlanta, which are going to be pretty freaking high b/c that team blows a fat nut with or without JJ. New orleans doesnt have much other than possibly Magloire, who I'm not so sure of nowadays. He seems like a big baby, plus im not sure he can fit in our system.

i'll tell you what tho, even tho this deal is completely out of the blue..i would love a JJ for Artest deal. with artest's current troubles he would be worth as much as JJ. a lot of u probably wouldnt like it b/c artest is crazy, but hey, isnt everyone a little crazy? :D

[edit] oh by the way, claxton would be great for this team. what a great backup PG he would be. as far as backup PG's would go, he would have to be one of my top choices...no attitude and can flat out play PG.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
coloradosun said:

You obviously haven't spent much time watching neither of those guys play lately. Diaw has much more potential than Snyder. He's longer and more athletic, he's a better defender, and he's already a better offensive player. Snyder stunk for Utah last year, and he was bad in the Rocky Mountain review this summer.

I wouldn't mind Dickau as a backup for Steve Nash, but I do expect more for JJ. What would he cost per season?

Joe Mama

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard