Teams I Hate With A Passion

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
Way cool!!!

50 posts in here and not one single post about hate for either the Titans or the Vols....y'all are alright!!

:thumbup:

Here come the edits :D

My hatreds are the Rams, Ravens, Raiders, Colts, Jags, Pats, Steelers, Boys

NCAA wanna make me pukes are Gators, Tide, Dawgs, Canes, Noles, Wolverines, Huskers, the entire Pac 10 :p

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
BigRedVol said:

I can see why you hate the Huskers...

Because they THUMPED #3 Tennessee and future NFL'ers Peyton Manning, Jamal Lewis, Marcus Nash, Peerless Price, Leonard Little, Al Wilson et al in '98 to send Osborne out in style, 42-17.

You must be registered for see images attach

Then, for good measure, in 2000 they put the wood to #5 Tennessee and future NFL'ers Travis Henry, Jamal Lewis, Tee Martin, Donte Stallworth, Deon Grant, & Co. 31-21.

You must be registered for see images

The next time Tennessee beats Nebraska, will be the first time. :p

You must be registered for see images attach

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OH, SMACK!

On a side note I hate the idea of Nebraska not using the option offense. That's just not right.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Assface said:
OH, SMACK!

On a side note I hate the idea of Nebraska not using the option offense. That's just not right.

Long live the option.
So what if it won five titles in my lifetime, who needs it?!

Steve Pederson is the devil.

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
Yeah, congratulations on the Huskers' 5-6 record this past season, that was really impressive!! :rolleyes:

Was it Texas that thumped them this year, no, was it A&M, no, was it a 70-10 THUMPING by Texas Tech??? Yup I do believe it was!!!

Don't forget about 1997 when you had to share that nat'l title with Michigan, and they were CO-CHAMPS.

And in 1998, you left out the most important picture....

It's too bad that the Vols won't get another shot at the Huskers, cause the Huskers won't be competing for any championships of any sorts for many many years to come...

Oh and BTW, how did the Huskers do in thier bowl game this year???

:biglaugh:

Last edited:

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
BigRedVol said:
Yeah, congratulations on the Huskers' 5-6 record this past season, that was really impressive!! :rolleyes:

Was it Texas that thumded them this year, no, was it A&M, no, was it a 70-10 THUMPING by Texas Tech??? Yup I do believe it was!!!

Don't forget about 1997 when you had to share that nat'l title with Michigan, and they were CO-CHAMPS.

And in 1998, you left out the most important picture....

It's too bad that the Vols won't get another shot at the Huskers, cause they won't be competing for any championships of any sorts for many many years to come...

What the hell are all those other trophys?
I see the NC one, but what are the others are for? Is there a NCAA "Participant" trophy for underachieving?

Last edited:

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
BigRedVol said:

Vegas had Nebraska as 15 point favorites if they were to play. Classic.

So, let's recap...

Scoreboard.

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
Vegas had Nebraska as 15 point favorites if they were to play. Classic.

So, let's recap...

Scoreboard.

What was the spread this year in the Texas Tech THUMPING :confused:

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
MLB - Chicago Cubs (I'm A Southsider), Yankees, Giants
NFL - 9'ers (God we sucked!), Rams, Dolts as in Indianapolis, Oh & the New York Football Giants (ELI).
NHL - Red Wings (When they play!)
NBA - Completely hate the sport, lets go bowling!
WNBA - See NBA
AFL - Anyone who beats the Rattlers in the Arena Bowl!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
BigRedVol said:
What was the spread this year in the Texas Tech THUMPING :confused:

Let's stay on track here. We were talking about the Huskers beating on Tennessee en route to yet another title, not the speed bump that was 2004 (and what a glorious year it was).

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
What the hell are all those other trophys?
I see the NC one, but what are the others are for? Is there a NCAA "Participant" trophy for underachieving?

I can tell ya one is for 1951 nat'l champs over Texas. Where were the Huskers in that game???

Where were the Huskers in the '99 Fiesta???

And that stadium trophy is for massive Neyland Stadium, some quick facts that only Lincoln could dream about....

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Sporting News ranked Neyland Stadium as the nation's No.1 college football stadium in a poll in the spring of 2001[/font]

• [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tennessee set a school-record by averaging 107,595 fans in 2000.[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A record total of 747,870 fans in seven games saw the Vols post an undefeated home season in 1999.[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]UT has averaged 106,697 fans over the past seven seasons, drawing nearly four million patrons during that span.
  • [/font]
http://utsports.collegesports.com/genrel/081001aaa.html

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
Let's stay on track here. We were talking about the Huskers beating on Tennessee en route to yet another title, not the speed bump that was 2004 (and what a glorious year it was).

You said it correct. "here". As in the here and now. The present!! It bothers me to see so many still living in the past. It's kinda like those lingering Miami and San Fran fans talking about how it used to be, and how great it was, ya know what I mean ;)

Last edited:

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
BigRedVol said:
I can tell ya one is for 1951 nat'l champs over Texas. Where were the Huskers in that game???

Where were the Huskers in the '99 Fiesta???

:shrug:

'98: Nebraska thumps Tennessee
'00: Nebraska thumps Tennessee

And you want to know where they were in the 1951 title game?

They have the best team of ALL TIME.
http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/readers/bestCollegefb.html

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
:shrug:

'98: Nebraska thumps Tennessee
'00: Nebraska thumps Tennessee

And you want to know where they were in the 1951 title game?

They have the best team of ALL TIME.
http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/readers/bestCollegefb.html

And your point is??? SF beat up on our Cards this year, twice, and look at the future of both those teams.

Talk to me about the here and now.

UT thumps TX A&M in the cotton 38-7.

Nebraska thumps _________ in the ____________ bowl.

Fill in the blanks :D

UT is an early pre-season #6 for next year, and #1 in the toughest conference of 'em all.

Huskers are a #_____ nationally and a #________ in the mediocre Big 12 for next season.

:biglaugh:

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Well I can see this isn't going away until they meet again! lol

They won't be down long, so enjoy it while you can! Their recruiting class is dynamite so far, something they never have.

By the time the Huskers visit USC in '06, they'll be back in the top five.
By the time they host USC in '07, they'll be back on top.

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
Well I can see this isn't going away until they meet again! lol

They won't be down long, so enjoy it while you can! Their recruiting class is dynamite so far, something they never have.

By the time the Huskers visit USC in '06, they'll be back in the top five.
By the time they host USC in '07, they'll be back on top.

I am going to be enjoying it for a long time to come!!! 1st, the Vols lead the nation currently, #1, as far as recruiting class goes. Here is the proof...

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/3337152

They have 7 commits in the nations top 100, two 5-stars, ten 4-stars, and eight 3-stars. They are followed up by Michigan, then Oklahoma. I had to scroll down the list to find USC at #9, followed by Nebraska at #10. But, I will give you props. #10 is not all that bad. Pretty decent!! The biggest surprise was Arizona at #8. UM, NOT ASU.....U of A!!! ASU did not make the top 25. Out of the big 4 conferences, SEC had 5 schools in the top 25, and the big 10(11), big 12, and Pac 10 all had 4 schools each in the top 25. Another surprise to me and one I love seeing is Florida was NOT in the top 25. An SEC surprise was South Carolina, but Spurrier is getting alot of attention and recruits.

Thanks for making me look up that link, Section 11. Go look at it, you'll see some surprises I'm sure, and the link is up to date as of 2 days ago....

BTW, I look very forward to a Vol Husker re-union....

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
WizardOfAz said:
Tiny compared to the one in Ann Arbor, isnt it?

Tiny??? :confused:

Neyland Stadium holds 104,079.

http://www.utk.edu/experience/walkingtour/NewFiles/TourNeyland.html

While The Big House holds 107,501. Yes, I would call that "difference" tiny.

http://www.umich.edu/~bhl/stadium/stadtext/stad1998.htm

And, if you clink that link, this is a taste of what you'll see....

After 22 consecutive years of leading the nation in average home attendance, Michigan lost its claim as the largest college-owned football stadium in the country in 1996 when the University of Tennessee expanded Neyland Stadium's capacity to 102,544. In 1997 the Volunteers averaged 106,538 fans per game while the Wolverines could only pack 106,448 into Michigan Stadium. With seven home games on the schedule, however, Michigan did retain the total home attendance title.

But, you can easily tell by the design of the 2 stadiums that UT is much MUCH louder.

A close 3rd is Columbus at 101, 568.

A sharp drop off in Lincoln at 74,031. Sorry, Section 11 :D

And here is the main link to look up any stadium....

http://www.collegecharlie.com/stadiums.html

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
BigRedVol said:
While The Big House holds 107,501. Yes, I would call that "difference" tiny.

According to the link you provided, Michigan averaged nearly 111,000 per game in 2003. I guess we'll have something to banter about after the Vols pass Penn State on the list.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assface said:
I hate the Pottsville Maroons.

i don't know what's sadder - that i know who that is or that you do... :(

regardless - that's pretty funny.

shawn

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
WizardOfAz said:
According to the link you provided, Michigan averaged nearly 111,000 per game in 2003. I guess we'll have something to banter about after the Vols pass Penn State on the list.

I never clicked on the attendance link in there, but I see what you're talking about....
It's quality not quantity that matters :trout:

PSU wound up being a sickly 4-7 and 2-6 in the conference. Not much for the home crowd to cheer about.....

While UM ended at 9-3 while losing to TX, UT finished at 10-3 while thumping A&M. That game was supposed to feature UT vs UT. Vols and Horns. But yet again another BSS screwup.

Oh and 2 of UT's losses came against Auburn, but I don't recall too many people beating them up this year....

When will the Big 10 finally get with the program, and add a conference championship??? I really would like to see ND join the conference and see 'em split into 2 divisions and have a championship...JMO

I can sit back and take Sec 11's arse whoopin's. Huskers handed the Vols their arse. And, like he said....till the next time we meet!!

But not from a Wolverine :mad:

Jan 1st, 2002 Citrus Bowl. VOLS 45 - WOLVERINES 17

While Tennessee just missed playing in the Rose Bowl, the Vols' offense put on a national championship level performance in the Citrus Bowl. Casey Clausen, nicknamed "Iceman," threw for 393 yards and three TDs and ran for two more as the Vols routed Michigan 45-10 to hand the Wolverines their worst bowl loss since 1992

http://espn.go.com/ncf/bowls01/citrus.html

Wizard, as I must anxiously await a Husker re-union, so shall you await a Big Orange re-match....

:wave:

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
BigRedVol said:
Thanks for making me look up that link, Section 11. Go look at it, you'll see some surprises I'm sure, and the link is up to date as of 2 days ago....

BTW, I look very forward to a Vol Husker re-union....

I saw that same thing. It looked like TN had 7 of the top 100 and NE had 6. That's their best recruiting class in a long time.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Add the Cornhuskers and Vols to my hate list after this lil love fest by Sec 11 and BRV.

:D