TEAM Kafka.....Make it Happen Mike

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
hey, sweet Lou got a thread so its only fair the youngster gets one too.
one recurring statement on Kafka from before he was drafted to current endorsements.. The kid is very sharp.
He spent a pre season at the Patriots while Monti was there so they may know each other a bit.

People been hyping Eric theenemy for years because he was in the Reid tree...well, here is a chance to get a young up and comer from the Reid tree.

an inner city chicago kid.... a little gritty, limited ******** kinda guy.

He made Danny Dimes relevant.
read that last line again.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This is from the wiki right after Kafka was drafted...

Kafka was expected to be the team's third-string quarterback behind Kevin Kolb and Michael Vick. Eagles head coach Andy Reid said of Kafka, "I think once you meet him, I think you'll see he's a smart guy. He has some of the intangible things – the leadership, he's a tough kid. Inner city, Chicago kid. He's got a little grit to him. I think that's important. You have to be wired right to handle you guys and play in the city of Philadelphia. I think he's wired right. He likes to compete."

in KC..
Kafka was promoted to quarterbacks coach on January 26, 2018.[173] In 2018, Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes earned his first Pro Bowl selection and was named NFL Most Valuable Player after the season.[174] The Chiefs went to the AFC Championship Game but lost to the New England Patriots.[175]

Mahomes was named to his second Pro Bowl during the 2019 season.[176] The Chiefs won Super Bowl LIV on February 2, 2020, against the San Francisco 49ers, with Mahomes earning Super Bowl MVP honors.[177][178] The Chiefs gave Kafka an additional coaching title of passing game coordinator on March 6, 2020.[179] Mahomes earned a third Pro Bowl selection in 2020.[180] The Chiefs appeared in Super Bowl LV,[181] with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers defeating them 31–9.[182] Kafka missed the team's week 16 game in 2021 against the Pittsburgh Steelers due to COVID-19 protocols.[183] The Chiefs appeared in the AFC Championship Game for the fourth consecutive season,[184] losing to the Cincinnati Bengals 27–24.[185] Mahomes earned another Pro Bowl selection following the season.[186]

we all know Pat Mahomes is awesome. But how many MVP's has he earned without Kafka guiding him?

then, look at Andy Reid... four straight NFCC Games with Philly... 4 straight AFCC Games with the chefs...and he picked this guy to mentor... Andy Reid sees something

Last edited:
OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'm team Kafka. Franky I like both candidates
I do too actually. But I just think Kafka is the direction Mike is gonna take. The trend in the NFL is still the young offensive guru.....and the successful organizations have long term coaches... the offensive guy is 35 while the defensive guy is 60...which one is more likely to coach the team for 20 years if successful?

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
I do too actually. But I just think Kafka is the direction Mike is gonna take. The trend in the NFL is still the young offensive guru.....and the successful organizations have long term coaches... the offensive guy is 35 while the defensive guy is 60...which one is more likely to coach the team for 20 years if successful?

A Cardinals coach lasting 20 years. Like the optimism there oaken1!!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Yes but at least he have learned few things from one of the winningest coaches in the NFL
What can you show me learned about managing a whole team that is in shambles, because this feels like taking a promising young cavalry captain who has never led the infantry while being an adjunct to Wellington, promoting him to general, and then throwing him into South Africa where State Farm Stadium is Isandlwana

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What can you show me learned about managing a whole team that is in shambles, because this feels like taking a promising young cavalry captain who has never led the infantry while being an adjunct to Wellington, promoting him to general, and then throwing him into South Africa where State Farm Stadium is Isandlwana

And then, again, he may be the Napoleon of the inner city. He'll hire Berthier to do his logistics, Davout and Lannes as his coordinators and become the most successful field commander in recorded NFL history. Of course, to our chagrin, he'll meet his Waterloo after several Super Bowl victories. :sad:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Are we talking about Kafka or Jon Gruden in 1998?

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Here's a fun fact I just learned, courtesy of Peter Shrager on NFLN...Mike Kafka has more play calling experience than Nick Siriani. Siriani, even though he was Colts OC for 3 years, had zero experience calling plays, when the Eagles hired him.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Here's a fun fact I just learned, courtesy of Peter Shrager on NFLN...Mike Kafka has more play calling experience than Nick Siriani. Siriani, even though he was Colts OC for 3 years, had zero experience calling plays, when the Eagles hired him.
Other day I finally started talking myself into Kafka. Saying maybe he's a Kevin O'Connell. Siriani fits the bill as well.
Maybe.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Other day I finally started talking myself into Kafka. Saying maybe he's a Kevin O'Connell. Siriani fits the bill as well.
Maybe.
I'm actually 50/50...I can see good and not so good in both candidates. I'll support either choice and give them a full chance. I'll give an even longer leash if VaJ isn't with either of them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose