• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 863

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
This is slightly dated, but:

You must be registered for see images attach

Their fans are concerned about moving a needle to get in a record book.

Our fans are more concerned with moving their team back 5 yards.

5 Best Home-Field Advantages:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/9/18/6257281/nfl-loudest-stadiums

The Myth of Century Link Field:

Even without knowing in which stadium, I know how much all of each team’s opponents have false started against them the last five seasons. Even better, these aren’t just raw sums, but come with how many games each team has played. Leading the way is the Arizona Cardinals, with a whopping 1.75 opponent false starts per game; the Vikings are second with 1.46 per game. Seattle is tied for 18th (with Cleveland) at 1.15 opponent false starts per game.
http://colinwilliamweaver.com/2013/...t-false-starts-the-myth-of-centurylink-field/

Last edited:

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
The 12th Man wasnt earned. It was bought. Not even really bought, they just leased it for a while. (This is literally true. Look it up)
However, here in Arizona and much like our team we fans are quietly going about our business and getting the job done right.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The 12th Man wasnt earned. It was bought. Not even really bought, they just leased it for a while. (This is literally true. Look it up)
However, here in Arizona and much like our team we fans are quietly going about our business and getting the job done right.

Correct, and I brought that up too. The 12th man is on lease from Texas A&M University... the Seahawks are importing tradition all the way from Texas lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSY5kjVG-qk

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I've been to games in both stadiums. Seattle was not any louder than U of P. In fact, upon leaving the game I mentioned that I didn't get what all the hubbub was about their crowd noise.

Of course, maybe the fact that I saw Max Hall and Seattle's offense have a combined, about, 150 yards of offense midway through the 3rd quarter had something to do with it.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one is going to be a grind. Hope we can get up early and keep the "12th" man (lame) out of the picture. Need to frustrate Wilson and Lynch. Hate that its going to be cold. Hope Cards don't do what the Devils did in Corvallis and freeze over!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Seattle fans get the same bad rap Cardinal fans get ---

its the old "because I never noticed you before, I will assume you didnt exist" that seems to be the default position of more established NFL markets.

that being said -- some of it is brought upon themselves with the whole 12th man thing -- a bit too self indulgent

[EDIT] sorry, i guess that wasnt taunting

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I love talking with "lifelong" fans of teams. Nearly every time out I end up knowing more about the history of their team than they do. Take these Seattle fans we're talking about. I love talking about Jim Zorn, Steve Largent, Curt Warner(yes there was a Curt Warner who played for Seattle), Franco Harris, Cortez Kennedy, etc and they almost always have that deer in the headlights look.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure, based on actual people being at our games and games across the nation, that we have one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL. That doesn't even take into account the stats showing false start penalties.

Love him or hate him, I still remember the clip of Whiz, welcoming Warner onto the field during our first playoff game at home in 08 and saying, "It's loud!" That's coming from a coach with a Pittsburgh pedigree and winning a SB with that team before he even got here. For him to recognize that, to me, speaks volumes.

They've also had comments from players, and I can't find the link now, where they said our stadium was one of the toughest to play in due to crowd noise.

It's crucial that we get home field throughout the playoffs. Crucial. With a backup QB, we can't afford to travel, even though defense does travel well. We need home games. Can't let up. Have to continue to wreck the NFL and our division.

Go Big Red!!!

Last edited:

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
It has always seemed that even when the Cardinals were ahead late in games they would never put the other team away. They always lacked that killer instinct. But this season that doesn't seem to be the case. When they have the lead late they dont let up. They dont seem to let teams lurk around.

I would like to see them start to do that on a bigger scale. Beating Seattle and san fran will almost ensure that we win the division. Let's hope they can walk into Seattle and bury their fading playoff hopes.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We need to kill division foes. So there's no doubt. Destroy them.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Their fans are concerned about moving a needle to get in a record book.
Dunno if you go to the games but the Cards are playing the noise level game too with their Nest-ible meter. Highest I've seen it get is 108 or 109.

The hawks fans last year were quite loud.

My vocal cords are shot from 20-some years of yelling. Two or three loud ones and my voice is gone.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Their QB looks like Prince, but I think Prince is taller. I don't care what they say. Marshawn Lynch is a smart man, he never talks in public because he knows he's sooooo dumb. Self created over rated Richard Sherman... and his twitter account... I mean seriously brah? Starbucks, Greeon, beats by Dre, the never ending crappy weather.... it's why Kurt Cobain was so depressed. Cheat Carroll. The NIKEY billboard futuristic funky ass uniforms... hey Seattle... the future called, they said you got it wrong. Half the stadium is filled with bandwagon fans now, while the real 12th man has to watch from home, lol, they can't even get loud like they used to. Heroin is making a serious come back.

Attachments

• chckenblaster.jpg
    chckenblaster.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Their QB looks like Prince, but I think Prince is taller. I don't care what they say. Marshawn Lynch is a smart man, he never talks in public because he knows he's sooooo dumb. Self created over rated Richard Sherman... and his twitter account... I mean seriously brah? Starbucks, Greeon, beats by Dre, the never ending crappy weather.... it's why Kurt Cobain was so depressed. Cheat Carroll. The NIKEY billboard futuristic funky ass uniforms... hey Seattle... the future called, they said you got it wrong. Half the stadium is filled with bandwagon fans now, while the real 12th man has to watch from home, lol, they can't even get loud like they used to. Heroin is making a serious come back.

Great stuff Dawg but the bolded made me LOL. Well not the Cobain line but I liked it even though it made me feel a bit dirty.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curt Warner (yes there was a Curt Warner who played for Seattle)

I must be old because to this day whenever I hear someone mention Kurt Warner...I think first of Curt Warner and then the other Kurt Warner. LOL

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dunno if you go to the games but the Cards are playing the noise level game too with their Nest-ible meter. Highest I've seen it get is 108 or 109.

The hawks fans last year were quite loud.

My vocal cords are shot from 20-some years of yelling. Two or three loud ones and my voice is gone.

I have found that I have octaves that dont kill my voice and use them ONLY while making crowd noise.

Its the octave you use to say BOOOOOO very low.

I just yell DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Thats all I yell. It works.

I make a living with my voice so I cant lose my voice at games.