Taking CeeDee Lamb the argument to take a wide receiver

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Wilmot 1, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

Brandon Aiyuk reportedly underwent core-muscle surgery. He may go somewhere between rounds 1-3.

Mike Garafolo‏Verified account @MikeGarafolo

Arizona State WR Brandon Aiyuk, a possible first-round pick, underwent a core-muscle surgery today performed by noted surgeon William Meyers, sources say. Aiyuk has been dealing with the issue the last few months. Ran 4.50 at the Combine. Decided to fix now with no OTAs in sight.

8:05 AM - 7 Apr 2020

2. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Drafting purely for need is a bad idea. However, talent and need can overlap, just like the situation is with any of the defenders or an OT.

I'm not him, but of course the answer is you'd take the elite player in Hopkins. However, there's absolutely no guarantee about this. Would you rather have DJ Humphries or Kevin White?

3. wit3card

wit3card Registered

If having 3 great WR would come up with the rule of 3 of the D, then hell yes draftng the WR is the only way to go. But there is not such a rule or stat backing that up so. Not pro on this side.

For how you draft, if you are sure that lamb,Juedy or Ruggs are way better proscpect then all the OT and no D Stud is there, you go with the WR.

Else, I would like to have 3 great Passrusher and a stoud run D so that we could apply the rule of three great Passrusher and go deep into the playoffs or win a SB. It worked once for the Bears in the later years, but not so much last year.

As I mentioned in an other thread, this years draft with little to no workouts and so, drafting "commodities" that you know better could be a result, so Lamb is sure a possible pick at #8. But indeed I don't see Jeudy or Ruggs be there.

4. DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan Registered User

Lol hes the top of an elite class of WRS, these Tackles all come with question Mark's, this is a weak class of linemen, out of 4 they are all 4 question Mark's, I study the draft year round a workout wonder is Wirf, Lamb is a beast and know Murray and the system.

Is you were drafting Rosen still be QB hahahahha

5. DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan Registered User

If you were drafting Rosen would be QB hahahahhahahahha, sorry not with ya on that

6. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

"I have no argument so I'll attack their view from a year ago."

[​IMG]

7. Germz249

Germz249 Free Agent

I just only want a WR cause the Nuk trade isn’t officially done yet. As long as we aren’t reaching either. I rather trade back a few spots if we can and snag up Ruggs. If that Nuk trade goes through after the draft then thats just icing on the cake.

Sorry we all know what its like to be a Cardinals fan. The ball never bounce our way. So in my mind the Nuk trade will never happen.

8. pinetopred

pinetopred Registered

I dont know I think we have Hopkins and ? At this point to put us in the top 5 in the league is a strech personally feel that we may not even be in the top 3 in the NFC west most WR groups are ranked high based on the 2 top guys. I like the two top guys for the Rams 49ers and maybe even the Seahawks better than what we have, but I think Hopkins is the best number 1 of any of those teams so that evens it out in my mind. Falcons Bill's Cheifs Bucs Browns Rams Chargers off the top of my head I would rank higher. I want to draft the trenches but I'm not willing to say its because we are a top 5 unit at WR we just have to many questions that need to be answered seems like the guys who dont want to draft WR are way overvaluing Fitz at this point in his career JMO

9. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

Is Kyler so limited that he needs the GSOT around him? If he’s transcendent as someone like Lamar Jackson then we should build our offense like Baltimore from the inside out.

Solar7 likes this.
  10. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks Not So Skeptical Contributor

Kyler does and will rely much more heavily on his arm than LJ does. Therefor his receiving core will be much more important to him than LJ's and the run blocking ability of the line will be less important for KM.

jf-08 and Carolinacacti like this.
  11. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

If the OL improves we won’t have to rely on 40+ attempts. If we do get down early and have to throw 50 times he’ll have better protection. We were 22nd in run placing and 26th in pass pro and that was with an overachieving OL that had injury luck.

Cardiac, Solar7 and bg7brd like this.
  12. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

Individual stats do not tell the story if you are loaded at WR, but the group as a whole being able to make quality catches in contrast to quantity due to the flexibility an elite group presents for a win

Carolinacacti likes this.
  13. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Yep. Kliff was brought in to create a great offense, but that doesn't mean slowing it down once we're up can't win games.

As fun as some of the modern day offenses are to watch, you still win games by shutting the other team down and running the ball in most cases.

14. BritCard

BritCard Registered

So what you are saying is that Kliff is trying to do something thats not required? That he's trying to implement a scheme that goes against proven NFL systems for winning a SB and instead trying to implement something new, untested and likely to fail?

For the record, I don't believe he is. He changed his scheme a great deal last year. He's learning as he goes. I don't agree with the idea that we are going to see more 10 personnel again now he has Nuk. We are going to see what we saw last year and what most teams do. A steady diet of 11 and 12 pers with a sprinkle of 10 and the off dash of 21.

TheCardFan likes this.
  15. BritCard

BritCard Registered

The answer is neither, I'd pick something else that strengthens one of the weaker areas of our team.

If I had to pick between the options you gave me? It depends. If it's the Hump that a lot of people on this board tried to tell me is above average then I'd go RT. If it's the actual Hump I know is bottom 3rd then I'd go Lamb.

In reality I'd go neither and trade back or pick Brown / Kinlaw / other position of need.

This is obviously a very loaded question anyway. I could ask you the same in reverse.

If you knew Lamb was Kelvin Benjamin but Wills was Lane Johnson. Who would you take?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020