Taking a QB at #3: Is it really that far fetched?

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we can manage to bring Kyler into the discussion like most of them. Absolutely.

Besides, why do you really care how big a thread gets?

There's no way for trade with cap implications, and obviously Packers are not going to trade him here, nor would Rodgers play here.

Why do I care? Why does anyone care about half the junk that gets posted here. Can we flood this forum with threads on speculation on Lamar being traded here? Belichick? That we will draft a kicker with our #3? A punter? Trade all our draft picks for the next 5 years for Mahomes? That sounds ridiculous, no? That's actually the same likelihood.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's no way for trade with cap implications, and obviously Packers are not going to trade him here, nor would Rodgers play here.

Why do I care? Why does anyone care about half the junk that gets posted here. Can we flood this forum with threads on speculation on Lamar being traded here? Belichick? That we will draft a kicker with our #3? A punter? Trade all our draft picks for the next 5 years for Mahomes? That sounds ridiculous, no? That's actually the same likelihood.
Someone pee in your Cheerios?

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Someone pee in your Cheerios?
Not really, but it seems there's a problem with stating that it ain't gunna happen. Hoping to save some people time. Why do you care what I post? Seems you have an odd fixation on that scenario not happening as if it personally offends you.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really, but it seems there's a problem with stating that it ain't gunna happen. Hoping to save some people time. Why do you care what I post? Seems you have an odd fixation on that scenario not happening as if it personally offends you.
I wasn't the one complaining about how many pages this thread has. The irony is that we keep adding to it by your deflection.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wasn't the one complaining about how many pages this thread has. The irony is that we keep adding to it by your deflection.

And thus is the life of a message board. Literally everything can be taken as a complaint. What deflection? You asked a question and I responded, then you went with a piss poor comment to fan the flames and still add nothing of substance and turned it on me. Now we are here, nice job being a good representation of a moderator.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And thus is the life of a message board. Literally everything can be taken as a complaint. What deflection? You asked a question and I responded, then you went with a piss poor comment to fan the flames and still add nothing of substance and turned it on me. Now we are here, nice job being a good representation of a moderator.
Thanks!

Have a nice day!!!

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thank God the Suns traded for KD. I don’t know how you guys keep going around in circles here… for months on end.

That’s not to say you shouldn’t! I’m just beyond stoked I finally have something POSITIVE to talk about with Phoenix sports.
Because all of us aren’t Suns fans.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I am all for drafting a QB late every dang draft though. Even if that QB turns out or just shows promise and you don't need him, it is great trade bait :)

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was Jacksonville a good situation for Trevor Lawrence? Justin Fields...terrible situation. Daniel Jones...terrible situation. What situations are you saying I am omitting?
Lawrence had an atrocious rookie season, but bounced back especially when he got awarded a great & championship coach. Daniel Jones took years until he finally having a competent supporting cast to make the postseason, something that he wasn’t the first to do in his class. Justin…..Fields? What are you even saying? Why are you reaching so hard here?
Maybe your argument is that Herbert had a garbage offensive line but a good roster? He inherited a roster with weapons that Phillip Rivers was only able to win 5 games. Both lines were bad and they had weapons at WR, RB, TE. What roster does that sound like? The difference is the Chargers still had Bosa and Ingram.
You know what my argument is. That’s why you had to only list position groups instead overall rosters because our roster is so far down in the mid it’s laughable. Even Bosa & Ingram is still much better than we have anywhere on our roster.

C’mon Chop, stop acting like I’m dumb. Stop the reaching cause you’re better than this.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thank God the Suns traded for KD. I don’t know how you guys keep going around in circles here… for months on end.

That’s not to say you shouldn’t! I’m just beyond stoked I finally have something POSITIVE to talk about with Phoenix sports.
Posting circles of positivity is as exciting to read as the negative stuff. So, theres that.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
It probably is far fetched taking a quarterback at #3 considering that Carter, Anderson might be the most likely 1st round selection. I personally would take a quarterback because if Young is there I can't pass that up. But I do not see the Cards doing that. They'll deem edge, DL or CB as too tough to get and should be the 1st round focus.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I suppose if you had a great set of QBs to choose amongst it might be a thought, but I still think it would be rejected. Seems likely either Murray succeeds under new leadership or he collapses and the Cards can draft one in a couple of years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA