Suppose the White Sox offer Chris Sale for a package with Bradley as the top piece

Sale for Bradley and Parts? Make the deal?

• Total voters

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
No, but what if St.Louis offered Lynn or Kelly,Motte, @Jay for Owing and Davidson since were hotstoving it on a chilly night...what say you? With Duncan as pitching coach maybe a deal there.

Last edited:

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
Here's the details of his contract

$3.5 million in 2014,
$6 million in 2015,
$9.15 million in 2016,
$12 million in 2017
2018 option for $12.5 million
2019 option for $13.5 million

You don't get 24 year old pitches with his proven ace numbers for that contract. YES!

...especially considering we're sending them a guy who's never proven anything but potential in the bigs. Tod van Poppel had a ton of that too.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the details of his contract

$3.5 million in 2014,
$6 million in 2015,
$9.15 million in 2016,
$12 million in 2017
2018 option for $12.5 million
2019 option for $13.5 million

You don't get 24 year old pitches with his proven ace numbers for that contract. YES!

...especially considering we're sending them a guy who's never proven anything but potential in the bigs. Tod van Poppel had a ton of that too.

Correct

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If your trading Bradley then you might as well get an Ace. Throw in Didi & Davidson and that should be enough.

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
It's mind boggling that people are saying no to a super legit ace with a club friendly contract just because of "potential"

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Nope.

Tired of trading elite level prospects. Yes, I know Sale is young and really, really good. But the emptying of the farm system is getting tiring.

Plus, with the talk of his elbow & throwing motion I'm having Daniel Hudson flashbacks.

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Only one reason I'd be hesitant - his potential for injury. Lots of baseball people see his throwing motion/elbow as a major cause for concern.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said no because of his elbow history mixed with how much you would have to give up to get him.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Unless he's damaged goods I'd send Bradley for Sale in a second.

You need legit proven #1 pitchers to win championships. What I'd like to know is why would the White Sox even consider moving him with that contract?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Unless he's damaged goods I'd send Bradley for Sale in a second.

You need legit proven #1 pitchers to win championships. What I'd like to know is why would the White Sox even consider moving him with that contract?

Because CHIW are not going to contend with what they got and Sale would bring in a haul of talent.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Because of his elbow?

Right???

The idea of trading for Sale is idiotic. A team would never trade a guy that good with such a favorable contract unless he was damaged goods.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He would arguably be the best starter in the NL, which is a mouthful these days.

At least Bradley-for-Sale would be starter-for-starter. That deal can't include Gregorius, though. Bradley + no other everyday starters.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He would arguably be the best starter in the NL, which is a mouthful these days.

At least Bradley-for-Sale would be starter-for-starter. That deal can't include Gregorius, though. Bradley + no other everyday starters.

Unfortunately, I think ARZ would have to include either Owings or Gregorious (I prefer to keep Owings because I think he will make the offense more potent that Didi) & Davidson. ARZ make also have to throw in Jake Barrett. Sale is younger that David Price, under a much more reasonable contract and under contract for a lot longer than Price so the package to get him will be better than for Price.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Right???

The idea of trading for Sale is idiotic. A team would never trade a guy that good with such a favorable contract unless he was damaged goods.

He may not be damaged goods, CHI may be scared that eventually he will have problems (much like ARZ felt Scherzer's throwing motion would cause him problems) and want to sell high. The package they could get for Sale would set them up for the future, their future now with just Sale isn't very bright.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn