Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Noel Neill Joining Superman
Source: Superman-V
February 11, 2005

Superman-V reports that there's a new cast member for Bryan Singer's Superman:

S-V can exclusively reveal another addition to the Superman Returns cast. A source close to the production has told us that Noel Neill has been cast in a "small but important part". Noel will be familiar to many Superman fans as she was the original Lois Lane and appeared in The Adventures of Superman series with George Reeves. She also had a cameo in Superman The Movie playing Lois Lane's mother.

--------------------------------------------------

Very cool that they'd include her in this film too.

The more I hear about this one the more I am sure Singer knows what he's doing. Especially since he's making this movie pick up immediately after Superman II, like III and IV didn't happen. :D

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who is Jor-El in Superman Returns?
Source: Latino Review
March 9, 2005

Latino Review has confirmed who will be playing Jor-El in director Bryan Singer's Superman Returns:

So who is Jor-El in Superman Returns you ask? Apparently, none other than Marlon Brando himself! Yes, yes we all know he is no longer with us so just how will this happen? As far as we can tell Brando will not be CGI, but Singer plans to use stock footage of Marlon Brando that was originally shot by "Superman" director Richard Donner. Considering that Jor-El's role in Superman Returns is very minor this might just work.

:cool:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Posey Joins Superman Villain Cast
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
March 18, 2005

Parker Posey (Blade: Trinity, Laws of Attraction) has joined the cast of Bryan Singer's Superman Returns at Warner Bros. Pictures, says The Hollywood Reporter. Posey will play Kitty Koslowski, Lex Luthor's villainous henchwoman.

She joins a cast that includes Brandon Routh as Superman, Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane, Hugh Laurie as Perry White, James Marsden as Richard White, Sam Huntington as Jimmy Olsen. Kevin Spacey is playing Lex Luthor. Kal Penn will portray Stanford, Luthor's right-hand man.

Nice cast. Can't wait to see what Singer does with Supes. :thumbup:

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Posey Joins Superman Villain Cast
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
March 18, 2005

Parker Posey (Blade: Trinity, Laws of Attraction) has joined the cast of Bryan Singer's Superman Returns at Warner Bros. Pictures, says The Hollywood Reporter. Posey will play Kitty Koslowski, Lex Luthor's villainous henchwoman.

She joins a cast that includes Brandon Routh as Superman, Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane, Hugh Laurie as Perry White, James Marsden as Richard White, Sam Huntington as Jimmy Olsen. Kevin Spacey is playing Lex Luthor. Kal Penn will portray Stanford, Luthor's right-hand man.

Nice cast. Can't wait to see what Singer does with Supes. :thumbup:

I don't know if I want some of the comedy they had in the previous superman movies, like Lex's dumb helper. Lex should be bright enough not to hire someone like that. I know some of you don't like Smallville but at least the Lex in that movie would never be seen with a sidekick like that...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
I don't know if I want some of the comedy they had in the previous superman movies, like Lex's dumb helper. Lex should be bright enough not to hire someone like that. I know some of you don't like Smallville but at least the Lex in that movie would never be seen with a sidekick like that...

I disagree, I thought Ned Beatty was great in the first 2 movies. A perfect foil for Hackman's Lex Luthor.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank Langella Tapped as Superman's Boss
Source: Hollywood Reporter
April 5, 2005

Actor Frank Langella has stepped into the role of Superman's boss, Perry White, in Bryan Singer's upcoming comic book adventure "Superman Returns" for Warner Bros. Pictures.

Hugh Laurie originally was cast in the role but bowed out because of a scheduling conflict with the Fox television series on which he stars, "House."

The medical drama, on which Singer is executive producer, has proved a surprise hit and was just picked up for a second season. Laurie had not yet shot any scenes on the movie, which began production March 21 in Australia.

In the Superman canon, White is the editor of the Daily Planet, the newspaper where the Man of Steel's alter ego, Clark Kent, works as a mild-mannered reporter.

In Singer's version, White has a son named Richard, played by James Marsden, who is Lois Lane's love interest.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
I like the muted red. I like that they didn't try to pump up the suit too much with fake muscle.

I don't like the hair. There's too much of it--looks like a trump toupe to me. I'm also just not completely sold on Roth. I wish they would have found someone a little older.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish Roth had a little bit more of a body builder's upper body. His legs look like comic book legs, but his chest and arms look too small.

I'm undecided on the raised "S" shield.

I do think this will end up looking pretty good on film, overall.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, and did I mention:

SA-WEET!!! The Superman movie is coming! The Superman movie is coming!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The way the cape attaches to the suit makes it look like a towel tucked into a little kid's shirt. They should have it attatch a little over the shoulder more, IMO. Like this:

Last edited:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
I wish Roth had a little bit more of a body builder's upper body. His legs look like comic book legs, but his chest and arms look too small.

I'm undecided on the raised "S" shield.
I wonder if they made the S shield so small to try to give the illusion of a bigger upper-body?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spacey Will be Bald for Lex Luthor
Source: Bounty Hunter
May 8, 2005

Kevin Spacey confirmed on Christian O'Connell's Bounty Hunter that he will indeed be shaving his head for the role of Lex Luthor in director Bryan Singer's Superman Returns.

:notworthy

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Casting news and plot details...

Peta Wilson in Superman Returns
Source: Peta Wilson
June 26, 2005

Former La Femme Nikita star Peta Wilson has announced on her official website that she has an unspecified role in director Bryan Singer's Superman Returns.

In the June 30, 2006 Warner Bros. Pictures film, the Man of Steel comes back to Earth following a mysterious absence of several years. While an old enemy plots to render him powerless once and for all, Superman faces the heartbreaking realization that the woman he loves, Lois Lane, has moved on with her life. Or has she?

Superman's bittersweet return challenges him to bridge the distance between them while finding a place in a society that has learned to survive without him. In an attempt to protect the world he loves from cataclysmic destruction, Superman embarks on an epic journey of redemption that takes him from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of outer space.

Wilson joins a cast that includes Brandon Routh, Kate Bosworth, Kevin Spacey, James Marsden, Frank Langella, Sam Huntington, Eva Marie Saint, Kal Penn and Parker Posey.

Attachments

• petawilson.jpg
    petawilson.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 204

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spacey as Luthor is genius.

Routh as Clark Kent looks good, but I'm not so sure about his Superman.

Djaughe

Reaction score
Pariah said:
Spacey as Luthor is genius.

Routh as Clark Kent looks good, but I'm not so sure about his Superman.

Totally agree with ya.

The superman pics looks like something Chris S. at a costume party...or to the girlie thread. :D

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Film focusing on Superman's costume, 'package'

Suzanne Condie Lambert
The Arizona Republic
Sept. 7, 2005

We have no idea why entertainment mags are outselling hard-news publications. Newsweek's story on the costuming issues facing Superman Returns is worth an In Touch, an Us Weekly and a month's worth of People combined.

In it, co-star Parker Posey discusses new Supe Brandon Routh's dedication to craft: "He's got everyone touching him all the time. He's lying on his stomach and he's got five people coming up and pulling his underwear down, sticking their hands up the butt of his suit. I can't imagine what it's like."

Costume designer Louise Mingenbach also talks about the ado over Routh's pocket full of kryptonite: "'There was more discussion about Superman's 'package' than anything else on the suit,' she says, laughing. 'Was it too big? Was it not big enough? Was it too pointy? Too round? It was somebody's job for about a month just working on codpiece shapes. It was crazy.' And the final verdict? 'Not big,' she says, and laughs again. 'Ten-year-olds will be seeing this movie.' "

We're relieved, as we still suffer the psychic fallout from a second-grade trip to the ballet.

:lmao:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Superman Returns Official Site & Teaser
Source: Warner Bros. Pictures
November 10, 2005

Warner Bros. Pictures has launched the official website for director Bryan Singer's Superman Returns, opening in conventional theaters and IMAX on June 30, 2006.

Superman Returns

At the site, you'll find the "Story," the cool new comic book layout of "Bryan's Video Journals," "Photos" from the film, many new "Downloads" such as Buddy Icons, Wallpapers and the Teaser Poster, as well as links to the latest "News" and "Email Updates".

ComingSoon.net has confirmed that the teaser trailer for the highly-anticipated film will be attached to Warner Bros. Pictures' Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, opening in theaters on Friday, November 18. The teaser runs one minute and thirty-three seconds.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spacey on Superman Returns Sequels
Source: Captain Villa, Kris Greet
March 4, 2006

Kevin Spacey appeared on the ITV1's Parkinson on Saturday in the UK and talked about starring as Lex Luthor in director Bryan Singer's Superman Returns, coming to theaters and IMAX on June 30.

Spacey confirmed to Michael Parkinson that he'll appear in the sequel to "Returns" and will possibly do a third film as well. He added that he spent six weeks filming the role and that he expects "the franchise to look after him."

In "Returns," the Man of Steel comes back to Earth following a mysterious absence of several years and his old enemy, Lex Luthor, plots to render him powerless once and for all.

:thumbup: