Suns Win Tonight...

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
... and it's SUICIDE CENTRAL in the City of Angels.

- Lakers are "supposed to win tonight". I'm thinking Butt-Pucker Factor #9 on the choke-scale if PHX keeps it close late.

I can't wait to see the string pulling.

- I predict little Stevie Nash is going to resurrect his Dallas Maverick playoff game of last year.

This game is tailor-made for him. MVP's relish games like this. He will atone for his Game 4 mistakes.

- Shawn Marion needs to play 4 quarters of "regular-season Shawn Marion ball".

- Unfortunately I do think Kobe will attempt about 20 FT's tonight. I expect him to be aggressive.

I really doubt you'll see him defer as much as he has been (which is a big plus for PHX).

- This could go down as a classic if PHX pulls it off tonight. Imagine the delirium in Game 7, with Raja stepping on the court.

- Rick Bucher can suck it.

jibikao

Reaction score
I think Marion will be the key tonight. Nash has been playing about the same and Diaw has stepped up after game 4.

What we need is above average performance from Marion.

I expect Kobe attempting more shots.

OP
OP
sly fly

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Thanks for noticing Deanna...

I'll give this another shot...

The first quarter will be wild. PHX comes out swinging early. 3's are going to be raining down from everywhere.

LA will withstand the the fury for a little while. And, that's about it.

PHX will kick the living daylights out of LA tonight.

- Nash has 16 assists.
- 7 players in double-figures.
- Marion leads the way with 29.
- We'll see Eddie House contribute some, unlike the other games.
- Kobe struggles from outside. PHX has worn him down. Kobe jacks up 40-something, and goes 14-34.
- LA gets some technicals late, and it will get a little chippy between both teams.. Phil starts boo-hooing to the refs.

Suns 124
Lakers 98

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Boy, wouldn't that be nice. I'm optimistic that the Suns will win, but I don't dare hope for a blowout. I expect the game to be three hours of sheer torture.

HooverDam

Reaction score
sly fly said:

I think Eddie could be a huge factor. He seems to be hot or cold independently of what anyone else is doing. So if he can come in and give Nash or another player 2 minutes off and go on one of those barrages of nailing 2-4 three's in a row, thats such a huge lift. I'd love to see Nash go to sit down at the end of QTRs and House come in and extend our lead, instead of us not closing out QTRs like we normally do.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
it is going to be an interesting game. I can see it going either way, depending on how it is called.

One key to the game will be how Kobe and Odom react to the constant double teaming they'll get. In game 6, the Lakers shot well but had 20 turnovers and the Lakers had only 22 free throw attempts to the Suns 29.

While the Suns double teaming will give the Lakers some easy shot attemtps, it becomes a problem for them when trying to slow the game down. Failing to take "easy" early shots will hurt their offensive efficiency, but even making them will turn the game into a track meet and give the Suns a lot of early offense three point opportunities.

Another issue will be how the Lakers defend the pick and roll. It took Nash a few games to figure out what they were doing and to start countering it. It is not clear there is anything the Lakers can do change their response, but Nash has shown he can attack any P&R defense. Obviously if the Lakers keep switching Smush onto Diaw, Boris could have a monster night.

The thing the Lakers will probably do is become even more physical than they have been before. If the refs let the Lakers hold and grab, it could seriously limit the Suns offensive flow. If the refs call it tight, the Suns offense can be overwhelming.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
LA is done. They HAD to win at home in game 6 and they blew it. The wind is out of their sails, and we're at home. Suck it, little Kobe. Suck it, zen-thia, O-Coach-That-Runs-His-Mouth-To-Players-And-Should-Be-Punched-In-The-Face.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sure hope the Suns win tonight but I take nothing for granted, especially the officiating. I'm stressed out and it is not even game time.

My primary concern right now is will the referees allow Raja to play good defense against Kobe. If the referees are going to give ticky tack fouls to Raja, then perhaps Raja should guard someone else on the Lakers.

If that be the case, Raja might be better coming off the bench due to match-ups although I really would like him to start.

Nash and Barbosa make a nice backcourt together although Kobe presents height issues.

IMO, the keys to the game are: the Suns need to stay out of foul trouble (especially upfront), shoot well, prevent second chance points by rebounding and run as much as possible (to have their best chance of winning).

If Boris, Shawn and TT stay out of foul trouble (especially Boris and Shawn) and this team shoots well, it is usually a good barometer of how the Suns are playing.

Again, I cannot emphasize enough, the Suns frontline needs to stay out of foul trouble. Go Suns. :thumbup:

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
:stick:

There is too much overconfidence on this board, just as it was when we were up 1-0.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
arthurracoon said:

There is too much overconfidence on this board, just as it was when we were up 1-0.

Arturracoon, your stick man looks just as jittery as me about right now.

There is certainly no overconfidence on my part. Now if KT and Amare were playing, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Nash

Reaction score
two more predictions, Phil is going to crap in his pants by the time the game is over.

One of the Suns - preferrable Grant, will inadvertently crash into Jack Nicholson while trying to save a loose ball.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Nash said:
two more predictions, Phil is going to crap in his pants by the time the game is over.

One of the Suns - preferrable Grant, will inadvertently crash into Jack Nicholson while trying to save a loose ball.

Quit with the predictions. Don't you have a game to play tonight Nash? Oh and what did you say to Kobe?

:)

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Is Nicholson going to be there? I didn't think he usually went to road games, except very deep in the playoffs.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
This is as deep has Jack could have expected for this year's Laker team. ;)

Suns are favored by 5.5 tonight. IMO they have a chance to build a large lead and break the Lakers' back, but more likely it'll be close all the way.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the refs intrude on the game tonight. Barbosa will probably be playing 35 minutes out of necessity rather than choice, so let's hope he's got another good game in him.

:thumbup:

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Is Nicholson going to be there? I didn't think he usually went to road games, except very deep in the playoffs.

The Lakers might need their mascot to pull this one out.

You must be registered for see images

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I love eddie house, but if he can't hit a shot, he's gotta get out of this game.

mribnik

Reaction score
elindholm said:

Boy, wouldn't that be nice. I'm optimistic that the Suns will win, but I don't dare hope for a blowout. I expect the game to be three hours of sheer torture for the Lakers.

:thumbup:

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
sly fly said:
Thanks for noticing Deanna...

I'll give this another shot...

The first quarter will be wild. PHX comes out swinging early. 3's are going to be raining down from everywhere.

LA will withstand the the fury for a little while. And, that's about it.

- Nash has 16 assists.
- 7 players in double-figures.
- Marion leads the way with 29.
- Kobe struggles from outside. PHX has worn him down. Kobe jacks up 40-something, and goes 14-34.
- LA gets some technicals late, and it will get a little chippy between both teams.. Phil starts boo-hooing to the refs.

Suns 124
Lakers 98

Damn, you're good! :thumbup:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard