Suns @ Warriors Monday game thread 3-13-2023

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns have back-to-back games on Monday and Tuesday, both away and home.

On Monday, the Suns visit the Warriors. They return home to play the Bucks on Tuesday.

Suns are 37-30 after losing to the Kings.

When: Monday, March 13th

Television: ESPN, Bally Sports Arizona

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 7:00 pm Arizona Time

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hope right suns team shows vs gs

Want to see good performances by monster da dbook and cp3

FIngers crossed gooo suns!

Wishing all cards suns fans a great sun :)

Still feelin meh after kings l little zzz on loss nights suck!

Last edited:

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is it too late to tank for Whemby? JK.

We knew the bench/depth was the main fault of this team, we didn't know we would have to rely on them so soon.
Sadly we cant fix that till next year.
Again it wouldn't be the Suns franchise if everything didn't stack perfectly against us.
Need someone to step up and help D book

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We knew the bench/depth was the main fault of this team, we didn't know we would have to rely on them so soon.
Again it wouldn't be the Suns franchise if everything didn't stack perfectly against us.
Really? We've been having to start our bench guys, sometimes even our 2 way players all season long and now we've traded away Crowder, Saric, Bridges and CamJ for KD, the ghost of TJ Warren and an unplayable kid from OKC so this problem is pretty much built in.

Adding Ross helps a little but at this stage of his career, I think he might only be playable in short stints. Once the other team realizes he's out there he becomes a big liability on D.

If we have CamP, Okogie, Craig, Shamet, Biz, Landale, Warren, Ross and the Lee's healthy and available, that's a real solid bench. But none of them are really good enough to take that number 5 starting spot for any length of time let alone fill the shoes of two starters. We need to get KD healthy and ultimately, we need to sign an additional starter level player.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

How are we supposed to fix it next year?

we are cap locked. Okogie is almost certainly gone next season, if anything I think our roster will be worse next year.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How are we supposed to fix it next year?

we are cap locked. Okogie is almost certainly gone next season, if anything I think our roster will be worse next year.

I don't think Okogie is certain to leave. After his red hot February he's come back down to Earth, hard.

He's a good defender but no one is going to open their wallet unless he can get his 3 point percentage several ticks higher.

But yeah, it's going to take some creativity and shrewd signings to build the roster for a while.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As expected, Landry Shamet and Kevin Durant remain OUT.

Also, Wiggins and Payton are OUT for the Warriors.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think Okogie is certain to leave. After his red hot February he's come back down to Earth, hard.

He's a good defender but no one is going to open their wallet unless he can get his 3 point percentage several ticks higher.

But yeah, it's going to take some creativity and shrewd signings to build the roster for a while.
I guarantee at the minimum he will be offered the 10 million exception.

will he stay with us with our small one, maybe if it gives us bird rights where we can make it up to him.

he has not slowed down, he played very well in the last game. He had one bad game.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

will he stay with us with our small one, maybe if it gives us bird rights where we can make it up to him.

he has not slowed down, he played very well in the last game. He had one bad game.

Okogie is in the likes of Dort, Hart and Brooks as far as skill set goes.

Maybe 3-5M like dort, Okogie has less than good percentage on offense relatively speaking.

Hart and Brooks are paid substantially more than Dort but are more than toughness and defense.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'd be shocked. He'd have to play really well to the rest of the way to get that kind of offer.

He either needs to put together another run like he had in Feb or he needs to be a real factor in a deep playoff run for us.

If you're a wing and you're a terrible shooter, you're probably going to be looking at pretty small, 1 and 2 year deals.

Barring another really strong run of play, I think he will get something like a 2 year deal, 8 mil in total; less if he shoots 30% or lower the rest of the way.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know anything about Okogie's personality, but perhaps he will feel grateful to the Suns for "rescuing" him from the NBA reject pile (as they did with another washout, Cameron Payne) and inclined to remain with the Suns if at all possible. Perhaps his attitude is not "I improved, now gimme mo' money or I'll leave."

I know he can't be paid $10 million, but I hope some deal can be worked out. Okogie is so valuable that I'd let certain bench players go just to keep him. Don't forget how highly paid (possibly overpaid) Shamet is. I would consider reluctantly trading him in some sort of cost-cutting deal, if needed, to keep Okogie.

I would more willingly get rid of Warren, because I don't think the Suns really want him anyway.

And since the Suns improved in ballhandling by acquiring Durant, if Chris Paul weren't so close to retirement, I would have been willing to lose Payne to keep Okogie.

And Damion Lee: Everyone seems to complain that he plays no defense, and only shoots. Like the opposite of Okogie.
I did just watch his 2 hour interview and learned a lot about him. He does seem like he wants to stay with the Suns. But ultimately money talks.

Letting go some bench players doesn't help at all. We could get rid of all our bench players and we are still over the cap.

Warren is a free agent I believe, unlikely we can get a better player for the minimum, so if he would resign with us, we should probably do it.

Shamet has zero value because he is overpaid, maybe we could get another garbage contract back for him, but I don't see how that helps.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Yeah well, we can worry about tomorrow and would haves, should haves in the off-season and forever more.

Looking forward to seeing Okogie on Curry. If he does not go off and we get Ayton the ball in good positions, I think we can beat them. Hope to see some drama between Book and their shooting guard. Can't remember his name. The boat guy.

And refs, it would be great if you could call some travelling and carrying the ball on GS: guards. Thanks!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then I would, if needed, cut Warren loose and spend his money on Okogie. This would be easy if I'm right that Warren, being a player who plays little defense, isn't strongly wanted. I would assume he was acquired as salary filler.
That’s not how the salary cap works.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Craig got a 2 year $10 mil contract +/- from Indiana after his solid year with us. I'd surmise that Okogie would get something like that

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve Kerr about the Warriors win over the Bucks.

By Kendra Andrews ESPN:

"Championship stuff," Kerr said about how the Warriors closed the game. "That is the team that won four titles. They know how to do it. They got it done tonight against probably the best team in the league."

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then I would, if needed, cut Warren loose and spend his money on Okogie. This would be easy if I'm right that Warren, being a player who plays little defense, isn't strongly wanted. I would assume he was acquired as salary filler.
That is not the way it works. Cutting Warren frees up zero money when you are over the cap.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Wiggins and Payton out are HUGE missing players for GS. I think we match up well with those two missing from the line up.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wiggins and Payton out are HUGE missing players for GS. I think we match up well with those two missing from the line up.
You think our current lineup matches up well with them? Or do you mean when KD returns?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose