Suns vs Lakers

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
And for the love of God get JJ out. He isnt doing anything.

JJ or Amare? Hmmm....

:rolleyes:

dyle_ph1

Registered
Reaction score
Is Jj guarding kobe? that may be the reason why he's in there... or maybe frank johnson is just not comfortable having amare out there because big jake is already in the game.. We might have too many big men on the floor at the same time :D

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Holy crap!

Marbury > Kidd

..and twice on Sunday.

notakiddfan1

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't like the way Jake Tsakalidis is playing. NOT AT ALL!

I mean, if he scores 4 more points and grabs a couple more boards, while playing good defense both on Shaq and off the ball, he may never play again. Playing for Frank Johnson, I don't want the same thing that happened to Amare to happen to Big Jake.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by dyle_ph1
Is Jj guarding kobe? that may be the reason why he's in there... or maybe frank johnson is just not comfortable having amare out there because big jake is already in the game.. We might have too many big men on the floor at the same time :D

There are probably two reasons that Amare isn't in the lineup:

1) Defense--JJ is playing Kobe (Shawn has been switching between Kobe, George and Kareem Rush)

2) Interior--Amare is most effective inside. On the offensive end, you have Big Jake and Shaq in there--it's difficult for Amare to be effective down low when the lane is crowded with the two big guys.

But then again, I still think he might be effective out there anyway...

notakiddfan1

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I could write a whole 3 paragraphs about Stephon Marbury tonight, but half the people on this board would just skim over it, and the other half would complain that it the post was way too long. So, I'll say one simple word, with a whole bunch of exclamation points:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Suns up by 5.

Suns call timeout.

And now we're tied.

Why call a TO there? Seriously?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We are 0-7 lifetime at Staples Center against the Lakers. And this game is too nerve-wracking! :eek:

notakiddfan1

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
0-6 from three? only 6 attempts and we are leading! nice!!!!

No, more like: 0-6 from three? only 6 attempts and we're only up by a little??

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wally
Why take a time out when you're on a roll????????

That time out turned out to be really dumb. We were on a roll, 5 point lead, had the Lakers on their heels...... Now the Lakers have a good shot at putting this away.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Go

I really wish I could watch the game...I can't. And then I can't get the radio broadcast from KTAR! I'm using CBSSportsline, this is really nervewracking!

adam
________
SEX SEX

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
JJ makes a jumpshot with 21 seconds left! Fine time for him to find his stroke! :D

dyle_ph1

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
We are 0-7 lifetime at Staples Center against the Lakers. And this game is too nerve-wracking! :eek:

Tell me about it... I'm following the game through nba.com's flash thing and it's killing me!! :eek:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Kobe nails it with 14 seconds left....Well, we all knew that would happen...Didnt we?

Suns have a chance to win it now. If this goes into OT I dont see the Suns having a chance.

notakiddfan1

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Stephon down the right side of the lane, forced jumper!! Suns win!!!

(Keep in mind, this reply was posted before the Suns got the ball with 14 seconds left)

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
****!

Johnson WIDE OPEN from 10 and left it short. Now we go into overtime. Lakers will win by 11.

notakiddfan1

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nevermind.

But, why do you give it to our worst basketball player with 4 seconds left? We're lucky the Lakers didn't grab the rebound and call a time-out to get a chance to win it in regulation.

notakiddfan1

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Whatever happens tho, you gotta hand it to the Suns for their efforts tonight. Even Joe Johnson, through his unbelievable terribleness and ineptitude on the offensive end, has played very hard through 4 quarters and has defended Kobe as well as a Suns player has in 5 years.

And with 5 minutes left, the Suns still have a chance.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Marion was open for an easy dunk too. Just pisses me off.

The lakers will not lose in OT at home.

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
4th Qtr Frank screwed this one up. Calling a time out when you're on a roll, Langhi in the game a crunch time.... I can't believe it!!!!

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Atleast Amare could have started the OT against Walker. Why not play your BEST player in the second half? Amare has been owning it tonight, what the **** happened?

And now the lakers are up by 4.