Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think @Phrazbit might literally kill someone in the Suns Front Office if Randle ends up a Sun as a result of Booker getting traded to New York.

Plays a brutal, slow brand of ball, generally unlikable, injured a ton, awful contract…

He will fit right in.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They don't have much of a choice but to bring everyone back.

What is desperately needed is a coach with a plan that doesn't require a point guard. We are not going to land a PG good enough to offset the guy he replaces in the rotation. A back up PG, might help a little, but isn't going to turn this group into a championship team.
Yes they do. KD and Book are very tradeable.

Things will only get worse if this team comes back.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
James Jones came off so badly in that press conference I now support him being fired.

Anyone that thinks this roster just needs more time is an idiot IMO.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bron
Book
Beal
KD
NURK

We signed Penny when he was old
We signed Grant Hill when he was old
Same with Guggs
And Shaq
Lets keep up the tradition!

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Yes they do. KD and Book are very tradeable.

Things will only get worse if this team comes back.

True they do have a choice, but I don't think we are ready to pitch Booker to the curb yet, and trading KD isn't likely to improve us for next season, so run it back with new coach, maybe GM and if it doesn't work then blow it up.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I don't entirely mind running it back with mostly the same core. But the coach and the personnel manager (Jones, allegedly) need to go.

If Ishbia is foolish enough to bring back the same core with the same coach who clearly did not work with that core AND continues to have a ******* like Jones running the draft and trades, I personally will be full on checked out for next season, at a minimum.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't entirely mind running it back with mostly the same core. But the coach and the personnel manager (Jones, allegedly) need to go.

If Ishbia is foolish enough to bring back the same core with the same coach who clearly did not work with that core AND continues to have a ******* like Jones running the draft and trades, I personally will be full on checked out for next season, at a minimum.
I don’t know if I could be any more checked out than I was this season. I got League Pass for free this year and I’m pretty sure I only watched maybe 5 games in their totality because usually I got so bored and was watching so dispassionately that I had to find better ways to spend my time or entertain myself.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
True they do have a choice, but I don't think we are ready to pitch Booker to the curb yet, and trading KD isn't likely to improve us for next season, so run it back with new coach, maybe GM and if it doesn't work then blow it up.
Nothing is going to improve us for next season - not in any meaningful way, not to where we can contend.

The sooner we blow it up the better.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if I could be any more checked out than I was this season. I got League Pass for free this year and I’m pretty sure I only watched maybe 5 games in their totality because usually I got so bored and was watching so dispassionately that I had to find better ways to spend my time or entertain myself.
This. I think some people are going to check out before and a ton after if we even see a hint of this year’s team.

What the hell is Ishbia thinking?? If he makes some sort of splash with a coach maybe?!?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This. I think some people are going to check out before and a ton after if we even see a hint of this year’s team.

What the hell is Ishbia thinking?? If he makes some sort of splash with a coach maybe?!?
I understand that things can change and they don’t want to get out over their skis with comments until then, but the attitude they displayed was truly awful PR today.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
James Jones came off so badly in that press conference I now support him being fired.

Anyone that thinks this roster just needs more time is an idiot IMO.
from watching Both press conferences, that's exactly what each guy said. They leaned into continuity. They hinted no major changes were going to occur. I guess if I were a reporter after Ishbia's initial statement of having not talked to anybody and not going over solutions would have got me thrown out, "With all due respect, the answers we are all here wanting to know are on the other side of your talks with all those people. Saying you haven't talked to anyone yet, could have been accomplished with an email. Do you consider this press conference premature?"

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
...and Vogel was looking forward to coaching Deandre Ayton. I wouldn't take anything serious that this team has to say right now.
I heard one defense of Vogel that when he was hired, Ayton was here, the Beal trade had not happened, and Vogel ended up with a different team than he was expecting to coach. I guess if CP3 was a big part of his plans, that got derailed almost immediately.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Running it back with pretty much the same roster and the same head coach is a horrible idea. :bang: While making significant changes to the roster is somewhat difficult, we can and should fire Vogel! :mad:

How can the Suns expect fans to give a crap about another season of more or less the same crap as this season? :rolleyes:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was straight up arrogant.
That was the issue. Not what they said, but how they said it. It was so freaking tone deaf.

That said “The Suns are great. The Suns are excellent” after the biggest letdown season punctuated by 4-0 ass-kicking in the playoffs in the first round is pretty stupid to say also.

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That was the issue. Not what they said, but how they said it. It was so freaking tone deaf.
Ishbia has that mile a minute thing when he talks. That's just him. He basically said the same four lines over and over again. This teams failure started a long time ago. Taking Ayton 1st, skipping on Haliburton, etc. It's not just Vogel. The seeds of our demise started even earlier than that. A coin flip with Milwaukee that made us look for that franchise center forever. Think of this, as much as we disliked Ayton, he is in our record books having set records at the center position because that's how bare our big man pantry has been. I wonder had Ishbia been here, would he have resigned Joe Johnson? Would that have been our first Championship team? All I can say, is big balls Ishbia is willing to take big swings.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

That said “The Suns are great. The Suns are excellent” after the biggest letdown season punctuated by 4-0 ass-kicking in the playoffs in the first round is pretty stupid to say also.
It would have been funny when Ishbia said he wasn't going to talk about front office, players, or coaches if even at least one reporter would have gotten up and left. It would have been freaking hilarious if they would have ALL done it! The look on Ishbia's face would have been priceless.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
It would have been funny when Ishbia said he wasn't going to talk about front office, players, or coaches if even at least one reporter would have gotten up and left. It would have been freaking hilarious if they would have ALL done it! The look on Ishbia's face would have been priceless.
This means, all decisions will be made later, but the status quo is that the core is back.:D

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

They also made comments to the effect that the 49 win regular season was "great" and the fans weren't appreciative enough of that. It's enough to make your eyes roll right out of your head.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This means, all decisions will be made later, but the status quo is that the core is back.:D
That was pretty disappointing to a fan base that is craving more than what they got this Eason. That we were unhappy with 49 wins should tell Ishbia something about the expectations of this fanbase. On paper you have three of the best scorers in the league, yet you turn the ball over constantly and get outscored upon in brutal fashion in some games, is not watchable basketball. It's playing under your capabilities. There's no synergy. We should be scoring so many points that teams fear trying to keep up with us. That's not even close to occurring.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I don’t think you hear this level of copium unless Ishbia is hellbent on proving his Big-3 creation a success.
-
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort