Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Flex From Jersey speaks,
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need someone to cut turnovers and keep the team settled in the 4th quarter. Jones would run point for the backups, and when Book is really shooting well, he could bring the ball up and initiate the offense so Book can score.
Even if that's true - which I doubt, because the ball would immediately go into KD or Books hand and they would still ISO, it doesn't matter because the Suns management are not interested in a PG. Gambo has said this several times. Also the price for Tyus Jones would almost surely be Grayson which to me is a push at best.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Flex From Jersey speaks,
I think I am in favor of this move at this point. There just isn't anything else that seems like it moves the needle.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Flex From Jersey speaks,
At the end flex says pay attention as to who doesn't play tonight - because they are likely in the trade for Bridges.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Biz is at BEST a situational player but not a player that can be part of the regular rotation. You would bring him in during specific defensive situations. I have to agree with the above take that he likely would see no time in the playoffs. So, for me he doesn't move the needle at all. He would be a depth guy only. He would be a luxury signing but not fill our current need.

Biz can play given an injury. We can agree he is not a rotation player.

However, situational players like Biz can move the needle, especially when a team needs rebounds or some interior defense.

The Suns should have higher aspirations, but Biz would definitely improve the Suns 15 man roster as it currently stands.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmm Flex says Tyus Jones is available for 2 seconds. I will admit that is a good deal - but one huge problem - he makes 14 million and we don't have the matching contracts without Grayson.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

However, situational players like Biz can move the needle, especially when a team needs rebounds or some interior defense.

The Suns should have higher aspirations, but Biz would definitely improve the Suns 15 man roster as it currently stands.
Yeah but that's only if there is an injury. I guess it all depends on how many moves you think the Suns are going to make. If it's only one? It can't be Biz. If we have the luxury of making a move and signing him as a second move? OK.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Ok, I mean sure as our 3rd big man I don't think anyone has a problem with Biz.

But ultimately all that matters is players that will help us win in the playoffs - I don't see how he does that.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stop listening to him!
Nope. He has provided useful insight before, and I think he will continue to do so in the future and I am 100% convinced he does have an inside Sun's source even if you are 100% convinced he doesn't.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but that's only if there is an injury. I guess it all depends on how many moves you think the Suns are going to make. If it's only one? It can't be Biz. If we have the luxury of making a move and signing him as a second move? OK.

Biz isn't a primary target for me, but I think depending on the trade, the Suns might need more than one player. I always like to have backup options to my backup options.

I don't like to think about injuries, but they have been a problem for the Suns in previous playoffs. This is why it's important to think in terms of acquiring the best players possible. Again, Biz is much further down on my want list.

See game 6 against the Nuggets in the playoffs.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Nope. He has provided useful insight before, and I think he will continue to do so in the future and I am 100% convinced he does have an inside Sun's source even if you are 100% convinced he doesn't.
I’ve been watching PHNX podcast every day since he’s been on, and there is nothing more disengenuous than, “I’ve been having conversations…”

Curious what your definition of “useful insight” is. Espo is much better than Flex and he doesn’t have to hang his hat on proving and spreading rumors.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can live with the backlash if the Suns acquire Miles Bridges more than seeing another team acquire him and the Suns come up short in the playoffs.

This is relying on the Suns having done their research.

However, Bridges has a court date after the trade deadline, so the Suns should EXPLORE every option. I hope the Suns don't put all their eggs in one basket.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I’ve been watching PHNX podcast every day since he’s been on, and there is nothing more disengenuous than, “I’ve been have conversations…”

Curious what your definition of “useful insight” is. Espo is much better than Flex and he doesn’t have to hang his hat on proving and spreading rumors.
Flex’s reporting is far from top notch, but he’s not the only one reporting that the Suns are interested. Plus, it makes sense that talks are ramping up since the deadline is less than a week away

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You think so?? From local fans here I can see but media wise I don’t think so.

Yeah, it’s going to be bad, with both the press and a lot of fans.

I already texted my rep and told them I’m disgusted with the idea. They didn’t respond.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly don’t think it will happen.. too risky and the backlash..

And no its not insider info from the waffle house..

I miss those waffle house reports. They were 100% on target.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Flex’s reporting is far from top notch, but he’s not the only one reporting that the Suns are interested. Plus, it makes sense that talks are ramping up since the deadline is less than a week away
I'm not talking about specifics, I'm talking overall. Doesn't take a genius to regurgitate a rumor and claim you're "having conversations."

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I take everything Flex says with a grain of salt but he’s saying things like “the Suns feel they can help rehabilitate him” here. Stuff like that makes me think they’ve gone over how to handle the PR angle. Plus they can always go with the “he never plead guilty or was convicted of a crime” which is technically true. I’m sure they’d get crushed right away but as long as the players support him and he plays like an elite role player the public criticism will fade in time.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I take everything Flex says with a grain of salt but he’s saying things like “the Suns feel they can help rehabilitate him” here. Stuff like that makes me think they’ve gone over how to handle the PR angle. Plus they can always go with the “he never plead guilty or was convicted of a crime” which is technically true. I’m sure they’d get crushed right away but as long as the players support him and he plays like an elite role player the public criticism will fade in time.

That's BS. When you're a millionaire charged with serious offenses there is no reason to plea "No Contest" if you're actually innocent. That would be the worst possible spin out there. It's actually insulting and it would put Ishbia on the same level as Sarver to me if that's the route they take.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's BS. When you're a millionaire charged with serious offenses there is no reason to plea "No Contest" if you're actually innocent. That would be the worst possible spin out there. It's actually insulting and it would put Ishbia on the same level as Sarver to me if that's the route they take.

It would really disgust me and probably make me root against this team. I’m not that emotionally attached as is and after dealing with Sarver being an “-ist” about pretty much everything, sanctioning a guy who brutally beat his wife says you’re no better than the piece of crap this team finally got rid of.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Douchbaggery aside.
I will not be happy if we go all in on Bridges and he spends the playoffs in jail.
And his wife should stay in Charlotte or LA to avoid problems.
At some point punishing him is taking food out of his wife and kids mouths.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hmm Flex says Tyus Jones is available for 2 seconds. I will admit that is a good deal - but one huge problem - he makes 14 million and we don't have the matching contracts without Grayson.
Not worth it IMO.
We KNOW Grayson fits. Would love Tyus but not at that price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard