Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it necessarily changed the deals being offered but I agree that the Kyrie situation changed the viewpoint of the Nets front office. Once he demanded a max deal and the team declined, the divorce was unavoidable. And IMO it made the Nets motivated sellers because KD's value was only likely to go down.
Oh and by the way, I have been consistent in saying the Suns gave up a ton. I am not saying another team would given up EXACTLY what the Suns did but it would have been substantial IMO.

It absolutely kills me we gave up Bridges and if there was anyway we could have kept him and still make this deal? We should have done it.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just saw Ishbia and Zeke hanging out on the sideline of the Michigan State loss...

Yuck.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Oh and by the way, I have been consistent in saying the Suns gave up a ton. I am not saying another team would given up EXACTLY what the Suns did but it would have been substantial IMO.

It absolutely kills me we gave up Bridges and if there was anyway we could have kept him and still make this deal? We should have done it.
No cause Ayton would’ve hardcapped them and a 3-way with that much salary is nearly impossible. The Suns keeping their pick this year is probably the most Brooklyn would’ve conceded had Ishbia made that the final offer. In hindsight they probably would’ve let us keep Cam given the way Mikal had blown up. Btw he’s got 30 entering the 4th qtr vs Cleveland.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns are 5-5 of their last 10 and still in the 4th spot, amazingly. The only reason is the rest of the west is also about 5-5 in their last 10.

Top 3 are locked. Of the play-in teams right now, Okc and Lakers are making the strongest push. Spots 7-12 all of 37 losses, its going to be interesting to see who decides to just drop out and tank first.

Piston-Hornets-Rocket-Spurs are all in for Wemby.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker scored 70 points against the Celtics on this day in 2017.

He was the youngest player to do so.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker scored 70 points against the Celtics on this day in 2017.

He was the youngest player to do so.

You know what is cool about that clip? Boston fans were chearing him when he got close and hit that mark.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know what is cool about that clip? Boston fans were chearing him when he got close and hit that mark.

Yeah, I remember that game. Pretty cool the fans were cheering him on.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was the 46-20 comment about free throw disparity that got him the fine.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was the 46-20 comment about free throw disparity that got him the fine.

I think it was the fact he'd pushed the line already in another post game statement just a couple days earlier. And personally, I hate it when they whine or complain and base it solely on the difference in number. If we truly fouled that much then we deserve to be called for that many fouls. I just believe it was called differently for the two teams and if he can't man up and make that statement, he should just stop whining.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So do the refs get fined for poor and biased officiating?
The players would end up having to officiate. None of those referees are going to work for free and if they got fined for poor or biased officiating, the only ones that would survive are the ones that supplement their income by betting on their games.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The players would end up having to officiate. None of those referees are going to work for free and if they got fined for poor or biased officiating, the only ones that would survive are the ones that supplement their income by betting on their games.

I've seen players call their own fouls better with playground rules.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So do the refs get fined for poor and biased officiating?
Supposedly they get nightly grades from the NBA front office and their overall performance allegedly impacts playoff assignments. I mean players performances are all out there for the public to see. Officiating grades need more transparency.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't do any good to complain about the officiating, but I wonder if the Suns ever bring in referees to officiate practices.

If don't, they should. The Suns need to get to the bottom of why they are called for so many fouls.

Giving my 2 cents, one of the problems is the Suns often provide an open freeway to their basket.

The Suns have a familiar problem of not being able to guard the basket. If they do, they allow open 3-point shots. Every opponent knows it since the Dallas playoff series.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
None of those referees are going to work for free and if they got fined for poor or biased officiating, the only ones that would survive are the ones that supplement their income by betting on their games.
I am suspicious that is more than just a few NBA refs that fall under that category.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Supposedly they get nightly grades from the NBA front office and their overall performance allegedly impacts playoff assignments. I mean players performances are all out there for the public to see. Officiating grades need more transparency.
It was a rhetorical question. I know they get graded, but rarely do these officials get true, meaningful punishments that would actually lead to change. It’s awful that the league knows that Scott Foster has some sort of grudge against the Suns and/or Chris Paul and that he is allowed to officiate Suns games, but is supposedly one of the “better” officials. The biased officiating against the Suns has reached a point with the team where it has become a distraction for the players and coaches and I could see a situation in which it gets ugly and the players take matters into their own hands. I’m not saying that they’re going to go Nick Van Exel on them, but I wouldn’t completely rule it out at this point.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think all this official mess goes away IF they change how challenges are used. Currently its one and done which sucks because from i have seen, calls are more obviously wrong in the first half but you're reluctant to use your challenge since its your only one.

Make it: If you win, you keep it for another time. 2 uses max, 3 would make a lot of errors be righted.