Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oddly familiar. Deja Vu?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I agree the raptors have the trade ammo - but KD is not wanting to go there at all - that's why a three way deal makes much more sense.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder now that it's out there the Suns tried to move CP3 if this sets off a chain reaction. CP3 is going to feel like the Suns no longer want him here and is expendable. Knowing CP3's past? He isn't going to be happy about that. I wonder if the Suns have decided to move him. Period.
Honestly I almost hope so. Unless it's for garbage like westbrook.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on point guards that might be available in trade that would fill the role both now and in the future besides VanVleet?

Rumors are Lonzo Ball and Coby White are available in trade but Ball has injury problems and White is not really a starting point guard.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree

People are so caught up on that contract and yet Myles Turner who’s been a disappointment for years just got 30 million a year. It’s just what guys get paid now.
Turner has been playing better and I have no doubt that Ayton is who the agent used to justify his new deal - comparing them on Basketball Reference and there simply isn't much difference. Myles has a solid lead in blocks and true shooting percentage, DA has slight leads in most of the other categories.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Turner has been playing better and I have no doubt that Ayton is who the agent used to justify his new deal - comparing them on Basketball Reference and there simply isn't much difference. Myles has a solid lead in blocks and true shooting percentage, DA has slight leads in most of the other categories.

Including games played. Turners numbers shot way up this year he’s def having a career year, but that happens a lot when guys are looking for a new deal

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
True. If Gobert and Turner can get that much Ayton should to I guess.

Doesn't mean it is a good use of salary cap room though.

Gobert has destroyed the market twice. Hell good for him

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gobert has destroyed the market twice. Hell good for him

Ayton is still a top ten center no matter how you slice it... and better than Gobert and Turner.

The problem is the Suns have ignored the point guard position for too long.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton is still a top ten center no matter how you slice it... and better than Gobert and Turner.

The problem is the Suns have ignored the point guard position for too long.
I still maintain he is a top 5 center, but center is by far the least valuable position.

I get so angry every time I hear Hallibuton's name because he was the answer, and there for the taking, and I will never understand why we didn't even If he told us I won't play for you - it still would have been a good move value wise.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What?! First I heard of D Russ.. I like the sound of this..
Not a fan of Russell.

He has had every opportunity to succeed in Minnesota and is still fairly young. The fact they are willing to move him should tell you a lot. He is a 2 guard pretending to be a point - and an inefficient one at that.

With all that said - I might still trade CP3 for him, because even with all those flaws he is still overall a better player. The Booker relationship makes it more of a potential issue though as there will come a time when we will want to move him.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not a fan of Russell.

He has had every opportunity to succeed in Minnesota and is still fairly young. The fact they are willing to move him should tell you a lot. He is a 2 guard pretending to be a point - and an inefficient one at that.

With all that said - I might still trade CP3 for him, because even with all those flaws he is still overall a better player. The Booker relationship makes it more of a potential issue though as there will come a time when we will want to move him.

If its to move from CP3 I would want to also.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still maintain he is a top 5 center, but center is by far the least valuable position.

I get so angry every time I hear Hallibuton's name because he was the answer, and there for the taking, and I will never understand why we didn't even If he told us I won't play for you - it still would have been a good move value wise.

The Suns problems would be so simple if that happened.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mentioned trading for Dinwiddie earlier but the cost might be too high.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul on the idea of being traded.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Halliburton turned out to be so damn good

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe Ayton would be 4th in a redraft.
Maybe but I wouldn't be shocked to see Doncic, Trae, JJJ and Mikal above him. On paper that appeared to be an incredible draft class but it's been mostly underwhelming.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns were interested in trading for Kyrie Irving, why wasn't Monty consulted?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Shai would undoubtedly be above him.
JJJ wouldn't. And Mikal probably wouldn't either. I don't know if I'd take Trae over DA. To me, there's only one clear guy ahead of him -- the rest are all marginally better or worse. SGA would be the only one that I'd think about more than a few minutes.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking Doncic, Trae, SGA, Ayton.
I think most people take JJJ over Ayton at this point… even with his injuries. He’s considered one of the best defensive big men in the league and has been named an All-Star, none of which can be said about Ayton.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose