Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
The weird thing is this morning on the radio they said he was still a couple weeks away but that they could upgrade his condition at any time. Not sure what that means.
Let's not rush it. I feel like the Suns have learned that lesson.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree that the Suns should be that badly outclassed if Ayton and Bridges (and sometimes Paul) are on the court together for significant periods of time. I believe that if Ayton would quit being the big-goofy-kid and play harder, his team would probably still lose but lose much less embarrassingly. None of these 30-point losses. That surprising victory against the Grizzlies made me think the healthy players can compete against most teams--if they want to.
For some of the time we've been without (arguably) our best player, our second best player, our fourth best player, our fifth best player, our 6th best player, our seventh best player and our eighth best player. And the best lineup we've had since we started losing was to be without our best player, our fifth best player, our sixth best player, our seventh best player, our eighth best player all while our second best player either played injured or age pushed him off the playable cliff.

And Memphis was in the middle of a losing streak when we stole that game, IIRC we were their only win in that 6 or 7 game stretch. I'm convinced that they were impacted by whatever respiratory ailment that's been making the rounds in the NBA this season. Regardless, bad teams win occasionally but when it happens, it's almost always due to the other guys. It's tough to get up for a game when you look out there and see G Leaguers and two way contract players starting the game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker is #8 among top selling jerseys.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker is #8 among top selling jerseys.

It wasn't that long ago when Devin was an empty stat guy putting up numbers and people were saying "who?". So, cool to see him getting some recognition. When you have a Top 10 jersey that means a ton of kids all over the country are buying your number.

Now that's cool!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking Saban Lee gets another 10-day contract. He is looking like a contributor.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing new on Jae Crowder per John Gambadoro.

Saban Lee is expected to sign a new 10-day contract.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Cam Johnson out tomorrow. I swear to god stop trying to rush these guys back. When it’s time for him to comeback he should be 100%

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score

Cam Johnson out tomorrow. I swear to god stop trying to rush these guys back. When it’s time for him to comeback he should be 100%
It's just management. He wasn't rushed back. Probably the opposite. Just being careful. Nothing to see here.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's just management. He wasn't rushed back. Probably the opposite. Just being careful. Nothing to see here.

Absolutely something to see.

If your coming back you should be ready. Ease into minutes till your back in game shape but what you do not do is comeback then sit out then comeback then sit out. That’s not good.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If your coming back you should be ready. Ease into minutes till your back in game shape but what you do not do is comeback then sit out then comeback then sit out. That’s not good.

The Suns are playing back-to-back games with the Pacers and Grizzlies so it's understandable the Suns may do injury management with Cam Johnson.

What is concerning is the Suns didn't announce it before his return unless that's what they meant by limiting his minutes.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I really don't know if it is or isn't. None of us do. But our track record with injuries this season isn't good so it's understandable for any of us to have doubts about what's going on.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns are playing back-to-back games with the Pacers and Grizzlies so it's understandable the Suns may do injury management with Cam Johnson.

What is concerning is the Suns didn't announce it before his return unless that's what they meant by limiting his minutes.

So why hold him out Saturday? That’s the first game we have played since Thursday

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t ask for anything more from the new owner. This is great news. This means he is willing to pay the luxury tax and go after a larger than normal contract.

We might not be done yet. Get moving JJ.

Last edited:

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cam should be good to go he's had plenty of time since the surgery and its not that serious of a surgery in the first place.
I think the FO may be gun shy after Bookers injury.