Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lots of talk about DA hitting the weight room big time. I am wondering if part of this transformation is a renewed commitment to strength training. He was actually pretty big in college, but then seemed to thin down a little his first couple years in the league. Maybe playing so many more games made it harder for him to keep the mass on, or maybe there was something more to his early suspension than just a mistake.

If he adds lean bulk, he will be a better player for us and it will significantly add to his confidence.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't look now, but Book is now averaging 29 ppg, 5.8 assists, and 5.3 rebounds. He makes three extra threes so far this season and he is flirting with 50-40-90 efficiency. All that while being double and triple-teamed constantly and not yet getting superstar treatment from the refs.

And he is playing quality D. A non-suns fan poster on the realgm gd said that his play is starting to approach prime Kawhi territory.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't look now, but Book is now averaging 29 ppg, 5.8 assists, and 5.3 rebounds. He makes three extra threes so far this season and he is flirting with 50-40-90 efficiency. All that while being double and triple-teamed constantly and not yet getting superstar treatment from the refs.

And he is playing quality D. A non-suns fan poster on the realgm gd said that his play is starting to approach prime Kawhi territory.

The fact he's shooting that well without CP3's helps is something else. I'd imagine his shooting percentages increase if anything when Paul returns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seemed curious the Bulls didn't double-team Booker more. Of course, Ayton made that more difficult.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It seemed curious the Bulls didn't double-team Booker more. Of course, Ayton made that more difficult.
The bulls really looked to me like a team that was just going through the motions.

That team without DeRozan would be by far the worst team in the league, which is why I don't think they will trade him - unless they are going to go full on tank.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I really liked that addition when we signed him. I figured he'd give us someone at the end of the bench who could actually play a few minutes if we were shorthanded. He's turned out to be so much more than an end of the bench addition.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bulls really looked to me like a team that was just going through the motions.

That team without DeRozan would be by far the worst team in the league, which is why I don't think they will trade him - unless they are going to go full on tank.

It didn't help the Suns were the last game on a four game road trip.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bulls are waiting on Lonzo Ball to return. Their record with him last year was one of the best in the East but without him they're a 500 team. I guess they could be sellers come the deadline if there isn't enough time to salvage the season but who knows. They owe picks to Orlando as part of the Vucevic trade so they might be interested in some picks and clearing salary.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I used to think Chris Paul and Devin Booker had equal importance. I now see that that's not true. The offense and the defense would both be better with Paul directing them; but without Paul, they're still okay.

But if Booker got injured, the offense would be immediately ruined, because he was just about the the entire offense until DeAndre Ayton kicked his performance up. Damion Lee would probably start for Booker and play acceptably--he has been a huge bargain--but he wouldn't have thirty-point games, much less fifty.

That’s always been the case but now everyone’s starting to realize it. I love CP3. He’s a hall of fame point guard. Arguably top 5 all time at his position.

But this has and always will be Devin Booker’s team. He draws so much attention with his threat to score that it opens up other guys. And he’s not just a scorer. He’s ruthless and willing to do whatever it takes to win.

What’s tough is the Suns won’t get respect until the playoffs where we have a chance to prove game 7 was a fluke. That was embarrassing especially with the whole “Luka special”. I don’t blame Book. We didn’t lose that series because of him but Luka schooled our entire team.

The Mavs weren’t better than us as we saw in the GS series. I want them again in the playoffs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose