Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1 - I'd like the Clippers but TyLou is pretty good at getting the most out of his guys. I'm going to be in the minority here but Westbrook worries me the most, he can attack and get our guys in foul trouble as our perimeter D can be suspect especially when Ayton is out of the game, but he can also shoot them out of game - which is where TyLou comes in. I think coach keeps Westbrook in check by sticking to his gameplan. Westbrook has been effective in a Clippers uniform. Kahwi is a load and we can only contain him, atleast PG is out.

2 - I would take the Lakers next, we haven't faced them as both teams are somewhat completely new. The added new guys, we removed a few guys, and i dont think we will actually play each other with our new rosters until this week. We faced them before and beat AD and Lebron.

3 - Ahh the warriors, if they get Wiggins back in time and on track they're the toughest to beat because our perimeter D is terrible on 3. Ayton should be a force in a series against that team but we all know that's beating a dead horse. I do like that we have home court against one of the worse roads teams in the nba, maybe the worst?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1 - I'd like the Clippers but TyLou is pretty good at getting the most out of his guys. I'm going to be in the minority here but Westbrook worries me the most, he can attack and get our guys in foul trouble as our perimeter D can be suspect especially when Ayton is out of the game, but he can also shoot them out of game - which is where TyLou comes in. I think coach keeps Westbrook in check by sticking to his gameplan. Westbrook has been effective in a Clippers uniform. Kahwi is a load and we can only contain him, atleast PG is out.

2 - I would take the Lakers next, we haven't faced them as both teams are somewhat completely new. The added new guys, we removed a few guys, and i dont think we will actually play each other with our new rosters until this week. We faced them before and beat AD and Lebron.

3 - Ahh the warriors, if they get Wiggins back in time and on track they're the toughest to beat because our perimeter D is terrible on 3. Ayton should be a force in a series against that team but we all know that's beating a dead horse. I do like that we have home court against one of the worse roads teams in the nba, maybe the worst?
There is no easy path in the west. I am not sure if there is one path that would be even that subtly easier than another. Every round will be a battle.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I agree with most everything but want to add the Clippers worry me still because Kawhi defends Durant better than anyone in the league. That worries me because I don't want KD banged up in round 1, similar to how the Pelicans put CP3 through the ringer last year.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is no easy path in the west. I am not sure if there is one path that would be even that subtly easier than another. Every round will be a battle.

I would believe there was a god, or maybe basketball god, if the Lakers clinch the 7th spot and lose out of the playoffs.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with most everything but want to add the Clippers worry me still because Kawhi defends Durant better than anyone in the league. That worries me because I don't want KD banged up in round 1, similar to how the Pelicans put CP3 through the ringer last year.

His strength over KD is a factor for sure. He also has long limbs which works to his advantage. I haven't watched him play lately, i'm not sure if he's lost mobility, but KD isn't a spring chicken either.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warriors, Clippers or Lakers? Who would you like to see in the 1st round?
Clippers. Least amount of championship experience, PG13 likely still out and at the end of the day, they're the Clippers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Shamet visited the board recently. Dudes tired of being a punchline. Show us, don't tell us. Earn that contract because it's not guaranteed beyond next season.

I'd like Shamet to fill the role of a combo guard: play defense, make some assists, hit a few shots and not turn the ball over.

The Suns could use a supplement or an alternative when Cam Payne has an off night.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
“Ball going in or not?!?” Are you freakin kidding me?!? How about turning it over under the basket and immediately compounding that with two fouls? It’s so much more than just the poor shooting. His all around game is really awful lately. I’m all for giving a chance, but not at this stage of the season.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm for minute restrictions or limitations but no outright resting guys. Let them sit the 4th quarter of the final game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA