Suns updates and discussion for the 2020-21 season

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
What I find interesting is the Suns have not officially signed JaVale McGee.

Of course the Suns are not going to change their mind but might they be leaving some financial flexibility to sign another player using the MLE.

McGee might sign for slightly less than $5 million or they might decide to spread out his salary over a couple of seasons for slightly more money.
Signed!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regardless of whether you think Flex has intel or just peddles basic ideas:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
In classic Flex fashion.

Package of Stix, Saric likely.

It could be for Love.

It could be for Nance Jr.

It could be for Young.

Then again...we could just keep Stix.

:lmao:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In classic Flex fashion.

Package of Stix, Saric likely.

It could be for Love.

It could be for Nance Jr.

It could be for Young.

Then again...we could just keep Stix.

:lmao:
Yeah but you can only report what your sources tell you. If they say we absolutely might do something unless we decide to do something else or nothing at all, you have to get that scoop to your audience. It would have carried more weight though if he'd said "this just in on the high speed sports wire".

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but you can only report what your sources tell you. If they say we absolutely might do something unless we decide to do something else or nothing at all, you have to get that scoop to your audience. It would have carried more weight though if he'd said "this just in on the high speed sports wire".

This is what I'm missing... a ticker tape of sports news.

There must be one out there from which twitter relays all their information.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I'm missing... a ticker tape of sports news.

There must be one out there from which twitter relays all their information.
I don't know if you caught it but I was poking fun at a sports personality from Arizona's past. But yeah, we could do with a sports news ticker tape. I used to rely on ESPN for that kind of information but through hard work, diligence, greed and ignorance ESPN taught me to never rely on them for anything.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you caught it but I was poking fun at a sports personality from Arizona's past. But yeah, we could do with a sports news ticker tape. I used to rely on ESPN for that kind of information but through hard work, diligence, greed and ignorance ESPN taught me to never rely on them for anything.

A ticker tape of sports news was my vision of Lee Hacksaw Hamilton's "High Speed Sports Wire."

I can see it now flowing with sports news.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you are missing the point. Been following him for some time. He always posts things covering all his bases because often he is wrong. He has been called out many times for being completely wrong. I think my favorite excuse ever was the time he wrote...well I was right at the time and something changed last minute. After that happened a few times he started posting like he does above.

NOTHING in that post was new. It's stuff we have heard other places and he once again tried to cover ever scenario so he could be right. It's hilarious.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Covert Rain

I'm sure you will enjoy the linked article at the bottom of tweet. It does label some things as "speculation."

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you are missing the point. Been following him for some time. He always posts things covering all his bases because often he is wrong. He has been called out many times for being completely wrong. I think my favorite excuse ever was the time he wrote...well I was right at the time and something changed last minute. After that happened a few times he started posting like he does above.

NOTHING in that post was new. It's stuff we have heard other places and he once again tried to cover ever scenario so he could be right. It's hilarious.

Nah, I got your point, you apparently missed mine.

Lee Hacksaw used to claim that he'd have breaking news following this commercial break, just off the high speed sports wire. They'll suck you in however they can, doesn't mean they have real news for you. Flex might be real, might be phony but besides protecting his reputation everything he says could easily be invented by an average fan.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, I got your point, you apparently missed mine.

Lee Hacksaw used to claim that he'd have breaking news following this commercial break, just off the high speed sports wire. They'll suck you in however they can, doesn't mean they have real news for you. Flex might be real, might be phony but besides protecting his reputation everything he says could easily be invented by an average fan.
Nah, I didn't miss yours at all. Your commented started out assuming he has sources and he could only report what they tell him. I am saying if you watch the pattern of his posts that's not it at all. It's not about covering his basis verses sucking people in.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flex reporting that the league might move one of our games off a prime Sunday National spot to accommodate Chris Paul’s Covid and then saying Devin Booker did NOT break his nose (when he had in three places) and then say CP3 was working out every day during his Covid break only for Paul to totally contradict him and say he didn’t work out at all (all of this “reporting” within a week) was high comedy

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, I didn't miss yours at all. Your commented started out assuming he has sources and he could only report what they tell him. I am saying if you watch the pattern of his posts that's not it at all. It's not about covering his basis verses sucking people in.

You absolutely missed my point. I was mocking him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, so I did then. LOL. The sarcasm emoji wasn't present and I have not had caffeine in two days.

I have not had coffee in decades, had to give it up when I gave up smoking. Now, when I'm stupid in the morning I no longer have an excuse. (not calling you stupid)

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have not had coffee in decades, had to give it up when I gave up smoking. Now, when I'm stupid in the morning I no longer have an excuse. (not calling you stupid)
My father in law had to do the same thing. For some reason coffee and a cigarette just went together. I never have never smoked, but my coffee habit is rather extreme.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
My father in law had to do the same thing. For some reason coffee and a cigarette just went together. I never have never smoked, but my coffee habit is rather extreme.
At one point I was drinking 12 to 18 cups of coffee a day. I decided maybe that wasn't healthy. SO I quit for a while. I recently started to drink 1-2 cups a day again.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
At one point I was drinking 12 to 18 cups of coffee a day. I decided maybe that wasn't healthy. SO I quit for a while. I recently started to drink 1-2 cups a day again.

You sound like Mr Pink:

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those feeling basketball deprived here is a new Solar Panel video.

Discussion starts about the schedule and much more at about the 13 minute mark.

Suns supposedly have one of the easiest schedules (10th) in the league. Lakers, Warriors and Bucks are projected to have the easiest schedules.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Been done since April

TJ

Reaction score
My coffee intake is out of control. Been drinking trenta iced coffees at Starbucks, with a smaller cup later and then a Red Bull. My sleep schedule is completely messed at the moment, so it's out of necessity

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Been done since April

Sounds like a solid acquisition. The Suns could have used an international scout. I don't know if they used him in this role or not.

TJ

Reaction score
Sounds like a solid acquisition. The Suns could have used an international scout. I don't know if they used him in this role or not.
Not sure, but because Lloyd wants to turn Arizona into Euro U, it makes sense to have dudes with international ties

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose