Suns to sign Terrance Ross after buyout

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's an article about it. He was expected to sign in Dallas after being bought out by the Magic but apparently had a change of heart and chose Phoenix instead. So not only is a solid addition, it keeps him from a potential opponent. That's always good. Ross still has game. He's 32 and has been in Orlando for the last 6 seasons I believe. Now he's got the chance to contend. He does have playoff experience from his time in Toronto before going to Orlando and took Parr in Orlando's early exit a few years back.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wrote this in the buyout candidate thread, works here...

He's everything Shamet was supposed to be plus athleticism. He averages 11 ppg for his career and is shooting 38% from 3 this season, 37% for his career. He only averages 25 minutes a game since he's been on a rebuilding Magic roster.

I believe he's a former Slam Dunk champ also, I know he's completed in some. He's got some hops and isn't undersized at all. I could see him on the floor with Booker as a SF without losing size.

Here's some stats...

For anyone interested. Here is his dunks from his 2013 win as a Rookie.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

And a little more relevant to us though, here's a highlight reel of his from last season...

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think I'm being too optimistic believing Ross could be a solid 6th man. I can definitely see him in a Jim Jackson sort of role when he was here with the Suns in 2004-05. Late season addition who provides some depth on the wing and veteran presence.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was looking at his numbers on ESPN (below) and I dont know what this guy does well. His numbers look like every other average player in the league. The only intriguing numbers that stick out is his size at 6’7 and shooting 38% from three. Can he play D?

Suns needed a backup PG more (reggie jackson)

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was looking at his numbers on ESPN (below) and I dont know what this guy does well. His numbers look like every other average player in the league. The only intriguing numbers that stick out is his size at 6’7 and shooting 38% from three. Can he play D?

Suns needed a backup PG more (reggie jackson)

His numbers are actually kind of bad. Shamet’s stats are actually better.

I think he’s a streaky guy at least, those guys can sometimes win a game for you.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Adding key role players alongside kd book da can't argue with that

This deserves a nice alien dream kush 420 hit :)

Hope he does well here!
What the heck is a alien dream kush? Sorry for being off topic.

I don't know much about him but sounds like a good pick up and keeps an opponent we night face from getting better. Sucks Jackson went to the nuggets.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple of tweets including a link to the story on the signing by Adrian Wojnarowski.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ross immediately becomes our craziest athlete. We are talking take you outta your chair dunks. Because of that and the ability to shoot deep I’ve always been perplexed by the fact he never put it all together to get to the next level as a star. He’s been incredibly consistent for his career, but never a star. And his three pointer has a weird forward drift that makes it look like no way he should be accurate, but he is. Nice addition.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Can he llay D? Thats what suns need as Tcraig and okogie only rotation guy that can play D

Reading Magic forum they really liked him. Everybody said good guy off the court and everyone on their forum wants to see him on a contender.

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What the heck is a alien dream kush? Sorry for being off topic.

I don't know much about him but sounds like a good pick up and keeps an opponent we night face from getting better. Sucks Jackson went to the nuggets.
Lmfao alien dream is a local dispensary sativa hybrid awesome uplifting flower toke up suns cards fans :) lol

And fully agree on Ross producing for suns!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They nab Reggie Jackson too and we are going to be pretty damn stacked if/when healthy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns will need to waive someone if they keep pursuing buyouts and move Ish to the 15-man roster.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lmfao alien dream is a local dispensary sativa hybrid awesome uplifting flower toke up suns cards fans :) lol

And fully agree on Ross producing for suns!

Sounds cool.. I am at the age where it would make me too old to try lol.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, Ross can play defense. He's not a lockdown defender but he's slightly above average on D. He does put in effort on that side of the ball. Maybe he improves now that he's playing for something also but even if he doesn't, he won't be a liability.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know why I didn't think of Gerald Green as a comparison earlier but Ross is a much less erratic Green. Super explosive athlete with a good shot. He knows his role though and doesn't go "me first" nearly as often, so a more under control and team first version of Green is probably the best way to explain what he should be for us. On defense he actually tries so much better than Green on that end but offensively they're similar.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose