Buyout Candidates

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now Flex has Durant to add to his list. Personally, when I read him it was for entertainment and his willingness to predict a trade.

Most writers play it safe and only hint.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now Flex has Durant to add to his list. Personally, when I read him it was for entertainment and his willingness to predict a trade.

Most writers play it safe and only hint.

Flex gets no credit for Durant. He claimed it was going to happen in the summer, it didn't, and when it finally did happen, he had no clue it was coming.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flex gets no credit for Durant. He claimed it was going to happen in the summer, it didn't, and when it finally did happen, he had no clue it was coming.

So you think Flex had no idea that something he predicted was going to happen? Life doesn't always run on a timer.

At least he is willing to make predictions. Some are right, some are wrong, but he is at least willing to do what most writer aren't willing to do... stick their neck out and predict trades.

Have you ever read how much criticism he gets? He gets a ton.

I wouldn't take all this stuff so seriously. Let him have his day in the sun and take it for what it is.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm fine with Flex getting credit, whatever.
But just because I predict that the Sun will someday swallow the earth doesn't make me Nostradamus.
It wasn't a "prediction" at all he's just relaying info that he got from someone that knows what's up.
Good on him

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reggie Jackson plans to sign with Nuggets.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the Suns go after John Wall if he becomes a buyout.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Makes sense, he is the best shooter available and I guess they feel there is enough playmaking with KD, Book, CP3 and Payne if they are healthy.

I'm still hoping for someone able to play the 4 but that looks to be the barest market for buyouts so I hope Bazley exceeds my expectations.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's everything Shamet was supposed to be plus athleticism. He averages 11 ppg for his career and is shooting 38% from 3 this season, 37% for his career. He only averages 25 minutes a game since he's been on a rebuilding Magic roster.

I believe he's a former Slam Dunk champ also, I know he's completed in some. He's got some hops and isn't undersized at all. I could see him on the floor with Booker as a SF without losing size.

Here's some stats...

Last edited:

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He's everything Shamet was supposed to be. He averages 11 ppg for his career and is shooting 38% from 3 this season, 37% for his career. He only averages 25 minutes a game since he's been on a rebuilding Magic roster.

I believe he's a former Slam Dunk champ also, I know he's completed in some. He's got some hops and isn't undersized at all. I could see him on the floor with Booker as a SF without losing size.

Here's some stats...
He is still explosive too. Magic fans say he is capable of being a solid defender when he's locked in but that has been rare playing on a rebuilding team.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For anyone interested. Here is his dunks from his 2013 win as a Rookie.

And a little more relevant to us though, here's a highlight reel of his from last season...

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I love the Ross signing. My best guess is that we end up converting Ish’s 2-way into the final roster spot.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love the Ross signing. My best guess is that we end up converting Ish’s 2-way into the final roster spot.

I'd be genuinely surprised if that happens. If it happens before March 1st or whenever the deadline is for waived players to be playoff eligible then I'll go back to being disappointed in James Jones. Ish is not who you sign with the final roster spot when gearing up for a title push.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
He is in a contract year, which usually means miraculous healing properties
He has already earned $56 million. For a lot of people, that would be enough. If he's smart, he knows that no one's going to give him another big contract one way or the other, because his history is way too spotty and he's not that good a player. I don't see him pushing himself just on the off chance that he might end up getting to add another $20 million or so to his bank account. Sure, that's a lot of money, but what's he going to do with it?

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I'd be genuinely surprised if that happens. If it happens before March 1st or whenever the deadline is for waived players to be playoff eligible then I'll go back to being disappointed in James Jones. Ish is not who you sign with the final roster spot when gearing up for a title push.

if the player on your last roster spot is playing in the playoffs then something has either gone horribly wrong or awesomely right. Other than maybe Will Barton, I dont see any buyout candidates on the horizon that should even sniff meaningful playoff minutes. Hopefully someone unexpected pops up and we can nab him.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is amusing how en vogue it is right now for these national writers to give max credit to Ishbia for everything that happens.

Hopefully Matt can make some personal calls to referees too.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave