Suns tease the new uniforms

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Hopefully the sleeved look dies fast. Golden State was roundly mocked when they wore their disasters last year (and I feel like their regular look is the best in the league). Its an experiment, the early feedback has been brutal, if it stays that way I bet we wont see them again within 2 years.

I obviously am in the minority, but I actually like the sleeved look. I would like to see something purle on them. The numbers, the letters or something, but otherwise I actually like them.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can deal with most of the uniform, but the numbers and streaks on the front are simply abysmal. Just terrible. I like the shorts and I even don't mind the sleeved unis, but those streaks ruin every one of the unis.

agreed.

the sleaved uni's are amongst the worst looking things I've ever seen.

they all look like WBNA uniforms.

I probably hate the white ones the least...could probably even tolerate them. the purple and orange...oh man...the orange. yikes.

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
the orange one is awful because it looks like a pyjama and has like no other color in it.. Not sure it does not fit Bledsoe AT ALL.

the purple one looks bad as well - what a surprise it is purple after all...

The White one looks good but could have been so much better still...

For the love of god I can't understand why the "thorns" of the sun on the shorts are grey/silver......

You must be registered for see images attach

The white one looks good although the lettering is too freaking big unlike you have a massively long upper body in comparison to your legs as Alex Len seems to have.

The shorts and the purple and orange ones...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, I dont get the grey razor blade things flying off the sun burst on the home shorts either.

That and the ass-bib.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sure these uni's will evolve much like that last set did. They'll tweak little things like decreasing the size of the SUNS wordmark and raising the positioning of the wordmark on the jersey. I'm not sure when the Adidas/NBA contract is up, but a new contract with Nike could mean other changes much like we saw in the NFL.

My opinion to fix them.

1. Lift the word mark 2 inches on all of the unis
2. Get rid of the streaks
3. Ditch the butt stripe and put a solid stripe down the side of jersey and short
4. Put a simple sunburst on the shorts.
5. Ditch the white lettering and black numbering. The orange and white jersey should have purple lettering and numbers while the Purple jersey should have orange lettering and numbering.
6. Lose the sleeves.

Last edited:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wow our home jerseys are so plain. Some design on the shorts but that's it.

And wait so we don't have the black alternates anymore???

Love the away ones. But why the hell did they get rid of the basketball on the logos??

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the internet...the best take yet on your team's new uniforms:

You must be registered for see images

:biglaugh:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I hope the problem with the super sized letters on Goodwin's jersey is as simple as him wearing the same size as Alex Len..

white jersey:
- lettering too big
- letting needs to sit a little higher
- grey razor blades on shorts

purple jersey :
- lettering too big
- letting needs to sit a little higher
- grey razor blades on shorts
- would be a lot better if it was simply a black version of the home jersey

orange sleeved jersey:
- the orange is too muddy like a mixed carrot/pumpkin or sth
- needs some sort of trim at least instead of looking like a 1 piece orange jumpsuit

Why is Bledsoe wearing shorts that are longer than Alex Len?

Pips

Reaction score
Not bad overall, purple is the best one (funny how people cried about possible not having purple,) white is same as court and orange is problematic bcs of sleves.

Overall 3,5 of 5. Black alternative should be great next year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe I remember hearing Gortat is rehabbing in Orlando, he still lives there in the offseason.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Oh my gosh!!! Those new uniforms are fantastic. It's like I'm blinded by their beauty! It is casting a spell over me that makes me completely forget how Babby and Sarver have destroyed this franchise and turned it into a laughing stock. I mean I was mad at those guys but once the light glistened off those beautiful new uniforms I realized that I've had it all wrong and the Suns are going all the way!!!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I actually like these jerseys for the most part, but I feel like they are a little lacking on the front. Here is the basic idea I have to make these significantly better, but you will have to excuse the poor execution. I'm not exactly the greatest artist, but even with my poor artistry I actually quite like the way these look with the added sun rays around the numbers and changing the lines to orange as well on the purple jersey. Anyone who is good at this stuff can feel free to do a better job. :)

Attachments

• phoenix-suns-adidas-revolution-custom-player-swingman-home-jersey-white-choose-a-player-or-perso.jpg
    phoenix-suns-adidas-revolution-custom-player-swingman-home-jersey-white-choose-a-player-or-perso.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 216
  • phoenix-suns-adidas-revolution-custom-player-swingman-road-jersey-purple-choose-a-player-or-pers.jpg
    phoenix-suns-adidas-revolution-custom-player-swingman-road-jersey-purple-choose-a-player-or-pers.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really like that touch, nice work there.

Excluding the disaster of an orange jersey, I'd give the new look a B, I think I'd like it much more of some of the black on the home jersey was swapped for purple... and the ass-bib was eliminated across the board.

And I'm 99% sure there will be a black alt next year. It should look good as long as it does not say "PHX" on it.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
It's just about personal taste, and these uniforms don't hit mine. Not one bit. My initial thought was that these must be training jerseys.

I did not think I could possibly like them less than the last ones, but here it is. A 0/5 for me and no way I'd purchase them. Yuck!

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The orange jersey does not look as awful as my initial impression was.

Most of the awful look has to do with Eric Bledsoe wearing an orange jersey and shorts which are 3 sizes to big for him.

It looks a lot better on Butler.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Oh my gosh!!! Those new uniforms are fantastic. It's like I'm blinded by their beauty! It is casting a spell over me that makes me completely forget how Babby and Sarver have destroyed this franchise and turned it into a laughing stock. I mean I was mad at those guys but once the light glistened off those beautiful new uniforms I realized that I've had it all wrong and the Suns are going all the way!!!

Hey look. A Robert Sarver sucks post. Did I time-travel to 2011? Surprised that you didn't mention he is cheap.

Not a big fan of Sarver myself, but I'm more than willing to look at the GOOD things he has been doing lately. (Essentially giving control to someone who clearly knows what they're doing.) The Suns future actually looks pretty bright at the moment. And, hopefully, he has realized that he is best served just staying out of the way.

Last edited:

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
At least now we know for a fact, contrary to what some around here would have you believe, that Alex Len's feet and ankles are still firmly attached to his legs and he can move about, at least up and down a catwalk, without the need of a wheelchair or even crutches.

Oh and we know everyone's jersey numbers.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
I was hoping that there would be purple sleeved uniform. I've reached an age where I really have no business wearing a tank top in public.

The sleeves give this old guy a chance to wear the official jersey without wearing a t-shirt underneath (looks trailer-parkish) or emotionally scarring all who see me. The orange is just too bright.

I live in Spurs country, so anytime I wear Suns gear I get tons of crap anyways. That bright orange jersey will be like wearing a sign asking people to kick me and take my lunch money.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping that there would be purple sleeved uniform. I've reached an age where I really have no business wearing a tank top in public.

The sleeves give this old guy a chance to wear the official jersey without wearing a t-shirt underneath (looks trailer-parkish) or emotionally scarring all who see me. The orange is just too bright.

I live in Spurs country, so anytime I wear Suns gear I get tons of crap anyways. That bright orange jersey will be like wearing a sign asking people to kick me and take my lunch money.
great post.

haverford

Registered
Reaction score

Neo, your problem is solved: http://www.shopsuns.com/gdsun12301304.html