Suns @ Spurs Monday game thread 11-22-2021

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, until you back yourself into a corner and you NEED a position. That's why you build the team so you CAN draft BPA. Except, we weren't in that position.
No, then you trade your surplus for another’s surplus. Best example ever was the 80s cavs. Already had nice deep backcourt but at #7 the best player available was kj. They traded him for the PF they had been seeking, Larry nance.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We were never going to pick either guy. If you want to debate which big we should have picked instead of Stix, I'll go there. It's so easy to cherry pick guys after a draft of who we should have picked. I think we all agree stix was a reach at 10.
It was easy BEFORE the draft as many here had those two guys above stix.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The first half was one of the worst halfs of basketball I’ve ever seen from Booker. And this was maybe the worst non-injured games I can recall from Paul as a sun. Ayton’s scoring and the bench did the trick tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was excited about the signing and he has still TOTALLY blown away my greatest expectations. He was a perfect fit as Ayton’s backup.

The Suns have the best two centers in the NBA. If Kaminsky were healthy, they would have the top three.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The way Booker went after the ball on this play reminded me of the playoffs.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker told Ayton he had been waiting for this for three years.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The first half was one of the worst halfs of basketball I’ve ever seen from Booker. And this was maybe the worst non-injured games I can recall from Paul as a sun. Ayton’s scoring and the bench did the trick tonight.
Paul was a -14 and Payne was +14 this game. Sloppy at the end. Wayyyyy to close for comfort. 13 in a row and we’re not even playing a complete 48 minutes

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I met my daughter on ASU campus and we went out for Korean BBQ so I didn't get to see the game tonight. Just finished watching a condensed version of the game. My gosh Deandre and McGee combining for 35 points/22 Rebounds is so huge. Paul/Payne combine for 32 points. The Suns had 25 assists with 5 from Shamet.

Yes, it's another game where we let an inferior team keep it close but the depth on this team this year is HUGE. Especially, when you have a night where Bridges, Cameron and Crowder didn't do much the entire game. It wasn't too long ago that is was simply a fact that if those 3 had a game like that? We had no shot at winning.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Why is that “gross”

I’ve always been taught you can learn something from anyone. Doesn’t matter if a guys got 30 years experience or he’s a first year apprentice. You have to shut down your ego and keep your ears and mind open to all ideas.

You’ll almost always find in sports it’s not the super stars who become great coaches it’s the role players. They have to understand the game in a different way. I can actually see Frank being a really good coach when his playing days are done.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Awesome w by suns wow 14 3 um impressive lol

Fun week of az sports

Keep streak going suns!! Green hit to suns vs spurs!!!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Frank Kaminsky may not have the most talent but he has very good low post moves.

Why is that “gross”

I’ve always been taught you can learn something from anyone. Doesn’t matter if a guys got 30 years experience or he’s a first year apprentice. You have to shut down your ego and keep your ears and mind open to all ideas.

You’ll almost always find in sports it’s not the super stars who become great coaches it’s the role players. They have to understand the game in a different way. I can actually see Frank being a really good coach when his playing days are done.
Some people haven’t caught on yet

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
If Saric can somehow make it back by the playoffs, with the way Ayton, McGee, and Kaminsky have been playing, we would probably have the deepest front court certainly in the West, anyway... and just incredible depth overall. It would be a huge advantage in the playoffs.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What do you mean
TJ is a big Arizona fan. Ayton went to Arizona, Frank went to Wisconsin. Wisconsin edged Arizona (led by Frank) by the skin of their **** out of a trip to the final 4. It was a brutal defeat, probably the cruelest of the Miller era at Arizona.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great to see the bench really starting to pop of late. Cam Payne is so huge for them. Defenses really struggle to deal with the way he plays. He is wildly unpredictable, he makes moves that seem like he is about to slash to the rim for one of his wild layups (that go in at an amazing rate) only for him to pull up and shoot a 3, or toss an alley oop, or kick it to the corner.

But it all seems to stem of his drives, if the opposition can't keep Payne out of the lane he feasts.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
TJ is a big Arizona fan. Ayton went to Arizona, Frank went to Wisconsin. Wisconsin edged Arizona (led by Frank) by the skin of their **** out of a trip to the final 4. It was a brutal defeat, probably the cruelest of the Miller era at Arizona.
Ah. Ok.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Ha oh ok

He gonna hold on to that till the day he dies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose