Suns @ Spurs game thread 11-5-17

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You do realize what you just concocted has us somehow coming away from this draft with doncic AND one of those bigs. I don’t know how that’s possible considering there’s a good chance we don’t have even a single pick high enough to get one of them. We might just get Robert Williams with our pick and some other dreck with the Miami and longshot bucks pick.

BTW, the Lakers pick looks like #5-8.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, I do realize that's optimism or even wishful thinking.

But once in a lifetime even the Suns might get lucky. Even if that happens, we still need to acquire a lottery pick (probably in 8-10 range at the latest) unless MIA stays under 50%.

I would listen to offers for Warren, Chriss and even Bender and/or would try to combine them with MIA and MIL picks.
In the Trey Burke-trade #14 and #21 did net #9 so even MIA and MIL picks might get us a mid-late lottery pick.

The 2018 draft seems one of the best in recent years so I would try speed-up our rebuilding via moving assets for (higher) picks.
It is unlikely we end up with one top five pick. I am not sure even trading Booker would get us another. Certainly Bender, Chris etc won’t.