Suns @ Rockets Tuesday game thread 12-13-2022

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Eric Gordon is the cure for us. Hopefully we get a younger better player.

I think the player the Suns really want from the Rockets is Kenyon Martin Jr.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns shot 33-103 from the field for 32%.

They were out rebounded 67-44.

Yeah, gonna win a lot of games that way.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You guys want to tell me again that Bridges can be a consistent 20 ppg scorer and he’s just not getting the opportunities?
Lol. Exactly. How many games is this now where we’ve seen just how feeble bridges offensive game if he isn’t being fed open threes and knocking them down? And I forget, did he shut down their beat perimeter player tonight? No? Not tonight either? So he’s essentially fading into an above average role player. I wouldn’t even call him an elite role player right now.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yea. One awful night doesn’t mean anything.

lts not like he is taking bad shots.
You’re right, he just couldn’t create. Again. Or exactly what we’ve been saying since he was drafted. If someone honestly believes he could be a 20 point scorer in this league you’re just being a homer. There’s no excuse. Because anyone with basketball acumen knows bridges is a spot up shooter and occasional slasher and that’s the full extent of his offense.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They showed earlier he is on pace to increase his scoring for the 5th straight year.

Lol, at this rate we only have to wait another three seasons for him to be capable of scoring 20/night. Oh wait, what? He hasn’t had to create his own offense because he CAN’T? When he has the chance to be the primary scorer with book out he has shot 14/47. Yeah, let’s keep arguing he’s a shot creator.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Great, no Ayton or Payne? Pretty soon we will have to borrow guys from the opposing team to play.
To be fair we didn’t have any Ayton to start the game. Againstbfreaking sengun. For a second game. That was gutless Ayton out there tonight.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Um, it's math. Yes math is evidence. LOL! Keep trying to be negative.
We don’t have to “try” when the dude throws up (and yeah that’s an description as it was vomitous) a 4 for 24 night.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don’t have to “try” when the dude throws up (and yeah that’s an description as it was vomitous) a 4 for 24 night.

Btw, you are talking about the Suns leading scorer for the game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Btw, you are talking about the Suns leading scorer for the game.
You should be almost every team in the NBA’s leading scorer on a night you shoot 24 times.

Houston fans must have had deja vu tonight because Bridges put up a hell of a John Starks impersonation tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should be almost every team in the NBA’s leading scorer on a night you shoot 24 times.

Houston fans must have had deja vu tonight because Bridges put up a hell of a John Starks impersonation tonight.

Sadly the Rockets and Spurs are tied for last place in the West at 9-18.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
On an off night shooting, you have to find a way to score. Kudos for that.
And yet go 8/8 on the FT line? If you can hit FTs, how do you miss all those shots?
Just a bad shooting night from 3, but he’s also just not a good ballhandler and was driving haphazardly into the lane hoping to get bailed out (which the rockets repeatedly obliged). None of his drives or attempts at the rim (and I use that last phrase sarcastically) looked like he had any chance of finishing.

Look, I don’t hate bridges as much as it obviously seems from my posts tonight. He’s a terrific team defender. He’s an above average on ball defender. He’s become an excellent 3 point shooter and has developed a counter little pull up to close outs. But he’s just neither a shutdown defender nor an offensive creator. He’s just not. And as a result his ceiling will always be elite role player. He doesn’t have middleton-like evolution in him imo. Feel free to disagree, it’s a free world.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
One of these previous games he shot 75% for the game! You can't just look at one game.
It’s not really the percentages. It’s watching him play. He has subpar handles for a wing. He doesn’t have a quick first step to take players off the dribble. He’s neither tall enough nor strong enough enough to post up other wings. Which of these things do you disagree with?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I get you are frustrated. But your arguments aren't saying THIS. They are things like, he's not scoring more, when he is. It's not we are dense. We are addressing your current arguments.
The argument cheese raised was bridges ability to be a 20 point scorer. You’ve shown zero evidence of that because . . . bridges has shown zero ability to do so.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not even sure KD would help this team. They don't even try on defense anymore. Rebounding sucks. Shooting sucks. Just all around awful.
I would certainly question why kd would even want to come to Phoenix at this point.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose