Suns @ Rockets Tuesday game thread 12-13-2022

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So tank for Victor Wembanyama?
We would be joining that parade too late. And none of our injuries will keep book out long enough. Don’t think the thought hadn’t crossed my mind.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And we lost to the rockets by double digits. Very impactful scoring. What’s your point?

The point is, this was the Suns best scoring effort they could muster against one of the worst teams in the NBA.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Okay, the Suns need a couple more guards, a couple forwards and a center. That should just about cover it.
Wow that's huge Xmas list. Our draft position will begin to become more value if we continue to lose games.
Durant isn't going anywhere. We can forget that trade now. The Net team is getting back on track and playing to their potential. If the Suns continue their current slide we may be in the running for that #1 pick 7'4" Victor Wembanyama in this year draft and not through tanking on purpose but rather just flat out losing. The Suns are starting to be so difficult to watch again unfortunately.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow that's huge Xmas list. Our draft position will begin to become more value if we continue to lose games.
Durant isn't going anywhere. We can forget that trade now. The Net team is getting back on track and playing to their potential. If the Suns continue their current slide we may be in the running for that #1 pick 7'4" Victor Wembanyama in this year draft and not through tanking on purpose but rather just flat out losing. The Suns are starting to be so difficult to watch again unfortunately.

Yeah, the Suns are feeling like the Jazz before they blew it up.

On the bright side, the Jazz have a winning record and beat the Pelicans tonight.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
One of the few feel good moments of the night.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Love Monty… but I’ve just about had enough of the nice-nice, emotional crap… he and Willie… he and Stephen Silas… as they beat his brains in.
C’mon Monty! Get pissed and figure this sh*t out!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Btw, you are talking about the Suns leading scorer for the game.
as if the epic home beat down the Suns suffered at the hands of Boston wasn’t bad enough, Boston went out and got the ish pushed in by a struggling GS and Clippers teams and even this weak Lakers team took them to OT.

Meanwhile, we were down 45 to them at one point.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Wasn't too worried until this game. What is going on with this team? Not playing well on either side of the floor.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Love Monty… but I’ve just about had enough of the nice-nice, emotional crap… he and Willie… he and Stephen Silas… as they beat his brains in.
His dad just passed…if anything this is one of Monty’s best qualities. coaching abilities aside for a moment of life is ok with me.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are besieged by injury but so are a lot of teams.

I was hoping an injection of new blood via trade might help but James Jones may have waited too long to give the infusion.

Personally, I think Devin Booker has worn down and can't carry the team by his lonesome. Some nights he gets help, some nights he doesn't. He doesn't have a consistent running mate.

We can see if Jones can pull a rabbit out of his hat, but he may be limited by the sale of the team.

Suns better keep those first round picks or put significant restrictions on them.

Maybe with a new owner the Suns can spend to make fixes, have more scouts and even have a G-League team.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns are besieged by injury but so are a lot of teams.

I was hoping an injection of new blood via trade might help but James Jones may have waited too long to give the infusion.

Personally, I think Devin Booker has worn down and can't carry the team by his lonesome. Some nights he gets help, some nights he doesn't. He doesn't have a consistent running mate.

We can see if Jones can pull a rabbit out of his hat, but he may be limited by the sale of the team.

Suns better keep those first round picks or put significant restrictions on them.

Maybe with a new owner the Suns can spend to make fixes, have more scouts and even have a G-League team.
Injuries are not why we have lost 6 of 7

If Devin Booker at 26 is worn down in December then he’s not even a second tier star.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are seeing what playing by committee comes with. The team needs another star or a really really good starter or we will get nowhere in the playoffs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Injuries are not why we have lost 6 of 7

If Devin Booker at 26 is worn down in December then he’s not even a second tier star.

I suspect Devin Booker had been playing with a tight hamstring for a while. He wants to win so badly.

Who is the other glue guy and star on the team if not Booker?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the tweet below by Mike Vigil is a fair assessment of the Suns and what I am trying to say.

The Suns have a single star and role players.

Fixing weaknesses on the roster would lead to a better and more consistent effort, but the Suns hopes still ride on the back of Devin Booker.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Our schedule over the next 6 weeks is super rough. We may have big trouble brewing if we don't inject some new energy on this squad.

And I think having a lame-duck owner will restrict our ability to make any big splashes.

Troubling times my friends.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the tweet below by Mike Vigil is a fair assessment of the Suns and what I am trying to say.

Fixing weaknesses on the roster would lead to a better and more consistent effort, but the Suns hopes still ride on the back of Devin Booker.

This has been what some of us have been saying the entire offseason. If CP3 was a few years younger that wouldn't be the case. He is showing his age. Ayton will never be consistent enough to be a Superstar player and Book needs help. Book isn't on the same level as a Jordon or LeBron which amplifies the Suns issues with consistency up and down the roster because they play by committee. We see what happens when Book is out or having an off game.

Bottom line is that unless James Jones gets Book some serious help this window is closed IMO.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has been what some of us have been saying the entire offseason. If CP3 was a few years younger that wouldn't be the case. He is showing his age. Ayton will never be consistent enough to be a Superstar player and Book needs help. Book isn't on the same level as a Jordon or LeBron which amplifies the Suns issues with consistency up and down the roster because they play by committee. We see what happens when Book is out or having an off game.

Bottom line is that unless James Jones gets Book some serious help this window is closed IMO.

Unless James Jones has an ace or two up his sleeve, we might want to enjoy that two year window that just passed.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless James Jones has an ace or two up his sleeve, we might want to enjoy that two year window that just passed.
My brother and I were just talking about this. Every time the Suns have been close, at the time you don't think that's it or imagine how quickly it can unravel. Which is why if you get a chance to pull off a show stopping trade (risk or not), you have to do it. You never know when it's over.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Dude. His dad just died. Give him a break.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No one would make this argument if Bridges was a legit threat to create and have the ability to be a consistent 20 ppg scorer.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We’re spending 60 million dollars a year on two role players moving forward.

That’s not good for a team that needs major upgrades.

This team would have had a really bright future if just one of their two lottery picks in a loaded draft in 2020 ended up a star. Instead they got two roles, but still paid them like stars.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose