Suns @ Pelicans Sunday Playoff game thread 4-24-2022 - Game 4

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that different than a lot of us predicted, he won't return until there's an elimination game. Winning game 3 was huge for getting him rest because I believe he would have rushed back if we were down 1-2.

At this point though home court is in play, we need to hold serve and not allow them to get going in game 5.
If this is true the Suns can be down 3-2 after the next game and we don't see him still. I doubt we see a healthy Booker again in this series.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh and to add insult to injury? We will probably get Scott Foster in Game 5.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty says the Pelicans outplayed the Suns but the free throw disparity is hard to swallow.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
To put in perspective how bad Payne has been?

He has not had back to back double digit scoring games since March 23rd.
He has had only 2 games with more than one steal since March 15th.
He shot 33% from 3 Point this season (29.9% in March)
In the Playoffs he has not hit a single 3 (0 for 12)
In the playoffs his FG% is 29.1%
In the playoffs avg 4.7 PPG
In the playoffs avg more TO than assists

I mean I would be hard pressed to find worse backup PG play than Payne in the playoffs. I have no clue if Holiday is up for the task but at this point? He is killing us in the playoffs.
Yeah it’s past time.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Willie Green was paying attention in the Finals. The Bucks wrote the book on how to beat us. Hound CP3 the full length of the court, crash the boards for 2nd and 3rd chances, and force contact by attacking the rim. Monty seems unable to adjust.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Arizona Sports:

“Coaches shouldn’t have to come up to the microphone and feel like they’re going to get their heads cut off for speaking the truth,” the Suns coach said postgame. “It was 17-to-2 (free throw difference) in the first half. And then they end up with 42.

“That’s hard to do in a game like that,” Williams said. “And it’s not like we don’t attack the basket.”

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Willie Green was paying attention in the Finals. The Bucks wrote the book on how to beat us. Hound CP3 the full length of the court, crash the boards for 2nd and 3rd chances, and force contact by attacking the rim. Monty seems unable to adjust.
I'm not sure what adjustments there are to make. The Suns are, relatively speaking, undersized and under-athletic. They've also always lacked shot creators. Even Booker cannot create his own shot with anywhere near the ease that Ingram does. There's a reason that Ingram was the #2 overall pick at age 18, he's still only 24, and he's getting better with each game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think what none of us wanted to admit was it’s damn difficult to win a series when you lose your best player after 1 1/2 games. We had nice stretches where we succeeded without Paul or book. But we weren’t in the playoffs and we weren’t playing a good team who is capable of defending and exposing some of our weaknesses. Losing book so early and not really getting him back for the whole series really is a killer.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm not sure what adjustments there are to make. The Suns are, relatively speaking, undersized and under-athletic. They've also always lacked shot creators. Even Booker cannot create his own shot with anywhere near the ease that Ingram does. There's a reason that Ingram was the #2 overall pick at age 18, he's still only 24, and he's getting better with each game.
And not only did willie pay attention during the finals, he literally knows our personnel, our offensive sets and our defensive sets likely better than any opposing coach in the league. He’s uniquely qualified to give us fits.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was at work couldnt watch gm.... was paul just missin shots? Makin bad tovers

Suns lookin like a meh eastern team lately /facepalm lol

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I apologize in advance if someone has already posted this, but in addition to our horrid overall play, NO got nearly 3 times as many free throws as us. Evened up, we could have narrowly won.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sitting Payne would be a great start. Also, what about Ish getting some minutes at this point? I mean when Crowder and Cam both got into foul trouble the floodgates opened. I am not saying that will be enough by a long shot but there is SOMETING we can do. The problem? Monty. He did this last playoffs and wouldn't budge getting Frank off the bench until it was too late. That especially stung because of how Frank played this year before he got hurt. To me we are seeing that play out again with his refusal to sit Cam Payne.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And now i cant freaking zzz thanks suns my mind racin on how suns gonna end up blowin it :( cry

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I apologize in advance if someone has already posted this, but in addition to our horrid overall play, NO got nearly 3 times as many free throws as us. Evened up, we could have narrowly won.
We're not just going to get more free throws. Nobody on our team forces contact.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At least my expectations have been reset. We may get past NOLA, but my expectations of winning it all are officially dashed.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
How bad could we use Tyrese Haliburton right now?

Or Maxey…

Also we love Cam Johnson but Tyler Herro would’ve been a much better pick…

And if you want to keep playing that game Ty Jerome went right before Jordan Poole and Keldon Johnson.

This game really making us hindsight darksiders!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA