Suns @ Pelicans Sunday Playoff game thread 4-24-2022 - Game 4

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Out scored 32-10 from the line with the FT disparity that was the ballgame period! And of course our players are gonna get frustrated and not play great when you know your getting ****** the whole game officiating wise! That game was an atrocity of NBA officiating no other way to look at it. I don’t care if they out hustled of course they did they were allowed to knock us around with no fouls called on them and we graze someone and their shooting Fts it was a disgrace!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Arizona Sports:

“Coaches shouldn’t have to come up to the microphone and feel like they’re going to get their heads cut off for speaking the truth,” the Suns coach said postgame. “It was 17-to-2 (free throw difference) in the first half. And then they end up with 42.

“That’s hard to do in a game like that,” Williams said. “And it’s not like we don’t attack the basket.”

Monty - the experts here say that is because we attack softly.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Monty - the experts here say that is because we attack softly.
Please don't go there.
1) Be respectful of the other members. Racism, bigotry, & sexism will not be tolerated. We do allow frank discussion with the other members, and like to have a laugh, but some things are not appropriate. Repeatedly flaming, insulting, and attempting to cause fights with other members will not be allowed and can result in a ban. Please be respectful to the board, both to the members and moderators. We are all here to discuss and find the most up-to-date info on the Cards, other Arizona teams, and life in general. If you have a problem with another board member, please PM a moderator about it.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Suns are the biggest floppers in the league led by CP3 who has always been an actor. No sympathy. Chris Paul looks old. That's on him, not the refs.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
FT disparity aside... these guys can't shoot and can't get critical rebounds or stops. Completely different team from midseason. No way they win this series with the way they've been playing.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to admit, it's weird that the officials didn't call that.

I'm guessing he saw the first contact by CP3, then when Jones walked over to the ref to complain in the middle of the play and then went back and hit CP3, who also sold it, the ref just decided ok both guys got a cheap shot in we're good.

I think the fact that it was right in front of a ref makes it hard to understand how they don't call it but both contacts happened in front of the same ref and he didn't call either one.

I saw Aaron Gordon try to sweep Kuminga's legs in the game yesterday afternoon and get away with it with a ref right there it sometimes amazes me what doesn't get called.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Eddie Johnson was saying something to this effect all game, that Suns players need to go into the contact.
Yup. Eddie has always seen that. There’s a reason our biggest guy doesn’t shoot FTs, he goes away from contact. He’s surprisingly good at scoring while doing so, but it means no FTs. Bridges isn’t a forceful driver either. Paul rarely challenges the lane unless it’s an obvious opportunity. We don’t have our typical guy who racks up trips to the line in Booker. Cam Johnson is the only guy we have that does it at present, but he still not at his full physicality imo from his inquiry and he’s not a great athlete who gets a step or goes over players regularly. Those are the types that draw a lot of fouls bc they’ve gained an advantage that requires a foul.

Do we get some missed calls? Sure. But it’s because we generally don’t force fouls and have the rep as a finesse team offensively, which we are.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just a little food for thought from reddit

The Suns, Mavs and Grizzlies all had a chance to go up 3-1 all lost and in those games the opponent shot 42, 40 and 42 free throws.

Last edited:

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
1. Move crowder off of brandon ingram. Put mikal on him, shamat on CJ
2. CP isnt even takinf the opportunities even when he gets to his spots
3. Ayton needs to get the ball every time down the floor and go around jonas and take him out of the game
4. Both Cams and Mikal need to be agressive and hit open shots
Bridges has been terrible guarding Ingram, he's much more effective on CJ. Crowder and Craig are the only two with any chance against Ingram and he killed both of them last night.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges has been terrible guarding Ingram, he's much more effective on CJ. Crowder and Craig are the only two with any chance against Ingram and he killed both of them last night.
Everybody has been terrible guarding Ingram. He is a legit star. All you can hope for is slowing him down. He was playing like this before the playoffs. The only difference is other guys are stepping up and they have another weapon in McCollum.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is where we put someone quicker, not bigger or long on Ingram, bring the double with someone else to avoid Ingram getting to his spots. Quicker defender limits Ingram from putting the ball on the floor. He's shooting over everyone right now. He's not going to bang on someone shorter than him.

This puts the best defender on McC which takes away from him as it seems Ingram is going to get his.

Last edited:

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Everybody has been terrible guarding Ingram. He is a legit star. All you can hope for is slowing him down. He was playing like this before the playoffs. The only difference is other guys are stepping up and they have another weapon in McCollum.
I was responding to a post implying that switching Bridges onto Ingram would help. I don't think that it will.