Suns @ Pelicans Sunday game thread 12-11-2022

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s a long season guys don’t lose faith now geesh. They played a good team pretty short handed and it took OT and officiating for them to win again! I have faith and this won’t be our lineup much longer some moves are gonna get made and CJ will get back as well. A lot can happen between now and the playoffs and we should be right there! Hope JJ makes the right moves that help when the playoffs roll around.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guys made it more of a run than I expected. That’s 5/6 losses. Yuck.

Ayton balled out. I wish he was a slightly better on ball defender against bigs who can drive. He wouldn’t constantly be in foul trouble against the zions and giannis of the league. I also wish when he was cooking like today monty would get the hell over himself and pump him the ball.

Bridges showed up early but disappeared late. And his vaunted defense is still MIA. McCollum is a good player but he went off.

Jock just isn’t very good.

Craig is playing his heart out. Took a beating last two games on zion. Wish jones could get off his duff and find us a legit 4.

Paul didn’t look great tonight, but I think it’s funny everyone criticizing his shooting a game after he nailed 6/9 threes. He’s still outta shape and I doubt he’s as consistent as he was the last two season, but he will still bring it now again. No way this squad ekes into OT had he not played today.

I said it last year, that Pels team is VERY good. When they have zion and ingram playing I’m unsure there’s a team in the league that matches their star power and depth. They just keep running 6’8 guys out there that are long, defensive, and can drain threes.

I think they're going to trade Ingram, or at least, they should. Ingram is a solid player but he and Zion are a bad fit, the Pelicans have struggled when those 2 share the court. Ingram plays too slow and too selfish for that team if Zion is healthy.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s a long season guys don’t lose faith now geesh. They played a good team pretty short handed and it took OT and officiating for them to win again! I have faith and this won’t be our lineup much longer some moves are gonna get made and CJ will get back as well. A lot can happen between now and the playoffs and we should be right there! Hope JJ makes the right moves that help when the playoffs roll around.

I think we're still a top 3 seed. Get in the dance and anything can happen. Just 10 days ago we were marveling about how well the team was doing despite all the adversity. But we desperately need Cam Johnson back, and if what we're getting from Paul is what it is, then Payne should probably start with Paul leading the 2nd unit.

Meanwhile we desperately search for another shooter/ball handler.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guys made it more of a run than I expected. That’s 5/6 losses. Yuck.

Ayton balled out. I wish he was a slightly better on ball defender against bigs who can drive. He wouldn’t constantly be in foul trouble against the zions and giannis of the league. I also wish when he was cooking like today monty would get the hell over himself and pump him the ball.

Bridges showed up early but disappeared late. And his vaunted defense is still MIA. McCollum is a good player but he went off.

Jock just isn’t very good.

Craig is playing his heart out. Took a beating last two games on zion. Wish jones could get off his duff and find us a legit 4.

Paul didn’t look great tonight, but I think it’s funny everyone criticizing his shooting a game after he nailed 6/9 threes. He’s still outta shape and I doubt he’s as consistent as he was the last two season, but he will still bring it now again. No way this squad ekes into OT had he not played today.

I said it last year, that Pels team is VERY good. When they have zion and ingram playing I’m unsure there’s a team in the league that matches their star power and depth. They just keep running 6’8 guys out there that are long, defensive, and can drain threes.

As long as Zion and Giannis get officiated like they do no one can guard them. This is what frustrates me about NBA officiating. Zion and Giannis just run into defenders full speed and it’s never an offensive foul. More power to them if they can get away with it but sometimes it’s ridiculous.

Paul is done. I remember last year in the Pelicans series he was having one good game then one bad game. The guys on TNT pointed out that was a huge red flag and the start of the decline. It looks like it’s who he is now. He can be good everyone once in a while now but you’re gonna start getting bad Paul more than good Paul these days.

I hold none of that against Paul he’s 37 years old and even if he doesn’t recognize his decline JJ and Monty should. JJ needed to get younger and get another shot creator and he’s done nothing.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty says Deandre Ayton was phenomenal.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I think we're still a top 3 seed. Get in the dance and anything can happen. Just 10 days ago we were marveling about how well the team was doing despite all the adversity. But we desperately need Cam Johnson back, and if what we're getting from Paul is what it is, then Payne should probably start with Paul leading the 2nd unit.

Meanwhile we desperately search for another shooter/ball handler.
Gordon appears to be hand in glove.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I think they're going to trade Ingram, or at least, they should. Ingram is a solid player but he and Zion are a bad fit, the Pelicans have struggled when those 2 share the court. Ingram plays too slow and too selfish for that team if Zion is healthy.
We'll take him off their hands.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA