Suns Off-season Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know many here will disagree with me but I want to keep Mikal, Ayton, and Cam Johnson and move on from the Durant trade acquisition unless we can get him for numerous draft picks and Crowder, Shamet, Craig, & Cam Payne and the Nets aren't going to take that combination of players. I don't want to gut this contending team for 34 year superstar making close to $50 million per for 4 years. A 24 year Durant we are not getting. Run in back
I think a lot of us are here… even the ones like me who was all in on Durant. This team can still come back with its core intact but they still need to make at least one somewhat needle mover… for someone like an Eric Gordon to boost the bench and scoring or a good legit stretch 4 who can bang.

Just running it back sans McGee plus an unknown Saric isn’t going to win us a title unless Ayton/Bridges/Cam all take BIG steps forward. Can that happen? Yea, but I don’t see it as likely as each of those guys’ trajectories have been more incremental each season.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
for someone like an Eric Gordon to boost the bench and scoring or a good legit stretch 4 who can bang.
It seems everyone is of the same mind here - KD or add another wing who can create/big who can play.

Who cares if it costs a first? We should have gotten Gordon last year - I doubt we lose to the Mavs with Gordon.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is only a Suns issue insofar as it affects a division rival and the only team last season that was probably the Suns' equal.

Does anyone believe the rumors that Draymond Green might leave the Warriors over money? They are balking at giving him the extension he wants, and they have many players coming up for their own contracts.

i buy it. I don't think the Warriors give him the Max, but I think some stupid team might. Reminds me of the Ben Wallace situation years ago in Detroit. He perfectly fit their system, but was getting long in the tooth and they weren't going to give him big money. The Bulls stupidly stepped up to do that and paid the price for it. I think Draymond is a similar piece in that he fits the warriors perfectly, but is also getting long in the tooth and there's no shortage of stupid teams in the NBA who might do the same as the Bulls back then.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is only a Suns issue insofar as it affects a division rival and the only team last season that was probably the Suns' equal.

Does anyone believe the rumors that Draymond Green might leave the Warriors over money? They are balking at giving him the extension he wants, and they have many players coming up for their own contracts.
Draymond will leave for money. He has won titles and accolades. He wants to get paid. GSW are way over the cap. Paying the most luxury tax by far in the NBA. They are not going to add to that. I guess they could but I would be shocked.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Draymond will leave for money. He has won titles and accolades. He wants to get paid. GSW are way over the cap. Paying the most luxury tax by far in the NBA. They are not going to add to that. I guess they could but I would be shocked.

Who is going to pay him? I don’t see teams throwing big money at him

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In a lot of ways, Green is a product of the Warriors system. I can't see any team paying him anywhere near the max. His stats do not support it.

Maybe some team will pay him for a one or two year contract.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In a lot of ways, Green is a product of the Warriors system. I can't see any team paying him anywhere near the max. His stats do not support it.

Maybe some team will pay him for a one or two year contract.

In all ways he’s a product of the system.

If he was drafted by the Kings what’s his career? When Steph and Klay were out and it was all on his shoulders he caved big time. Averaging them triple singles

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m out on KD.

I think we need to turn our attention to Collins

Give up expiring and picks
Collins is not going to happen. Suns don’t like him at all according to gambo.

by the way KD landed in Phoenix tonight. Don’t think it is for a vacation.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm NOT "out" on KD until he signs with someone else.
I'm out on tripping over it, if it happens awesome if not less awesome but fine, life goes on.
If we don't get KD we have all those draft picks to use for other players or so we don't have to sit around with our thumbs up our butts during the draft.

We've been spoiled lil brats over the last few years. It wasn't long ago we were the rock bottom of the NBA.
The turn around is complete, there is no going back to those days.

Yeah we ST Bed hardcore last year w Dallas, lock that in as experience, learn from it and keep rolling.

With no changes at all we have a VERY competitive team, I don't think JJ will start the season without making a few improvements.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm NOT "out" on KD until he signs with someone else.
I'm out on tripping over it, if it happens awesome if not less awesome but fine, life goes on.
If we don't get KD we have all those draft picks to use for other players or so we don't have to sit around with our thumbs up our butts during the draft.

We've been spoiled lil brats over the last few years. It wasn't long ago we were the rock bottom of the NBA.
The turn around is complete, there is no going back to those days.

Yeah we ST Bed hardcore last year w Dallas, lock that in as experience, learn from it and keep rolling.

With no changes at all we have a VERY competitive team, I don't think JJ will start the season without making a few improvements.

I see some parallels with us and the Dirk Mavericks. They suffered a heartbreaking finals defeat, a few shocking playoff collapses, but the ownership was patient, stuck with the team, let them grow together and then, despite not having a guy viewed as a "superstar" they went and won the title.

I hope we get there a little quicker than Dallas did, it took them 6 years from that finals loss (and lots of brutal heartache between) before they won their title. But a team built around Booker, Bridges, Ayton and Cam Johnson as it's main guys should absolutely be in the mix for a long long time.

If the price is right, I'm still down for Durant, but I think our best chance to a title is a long run of competitiveness, rather than a desperate gamble that gives us a 2 year window.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see some parallels with us and the Dirk Mavericks. They suffered a heartbreaking finals defeat, a few shocking playoff collapses, but the ownership was patient, stuck with the team, let them grow together and then, despite not having a guy viewed as a "superstar" they went and won the title.

I hope we get there a little quicker than Dallas did, it took them 6 years from that finals loss (and lots of brutal heartache between) before they won their title. But a team built around Booker, Bridges, Ayton and Cam Johnson as it's main guys should absolutely be in the mix for a long long time.

If the price is right, I'm still down for Durant, but I think our best chance to a title is a long run of competitiveness, rather than a desperate gamble that gives us a 2 year window.

I would agree with most it's just that CP3's window and effectiveness is closing too.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score

So looks like Dario and Monty got into it recently.
No, it does not. It was a simple translation mistake.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, it does not. It was a simple translation mistake.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Putting Discuss in the place of argue doesn’t make a lot of sense with the rest of the statement.

Maybe he just… meant what he said. It wouldn’t be the first time we heard issues Monty has had with players this off-season (Ayton/CP3).

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Putting Discuss in the place of argue doesn’t make a lot of sense with the rest of the statement.

Maybe he just… meant what he said. It wouldn’t be the first time we heard issues Monty has had with players this off-season (Ayton/CP3).

It makes sense either way. He has been mentioned in trade rumors for the last year so there's a chance he doesn't play next season here. Whether you use argument or discussion though, both make sense.

You must be registered for see images attach

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think either one works fine in the sentence.

If he did intend to say "argue" then perhaps he was pushing to play in the playoffs.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think either one works fine in the sentence.

If he did intend to say "argue" then perhaps he was pushing to play in the playoffs.

Or perhaps Monty is losing the team and I think it’s the obvious answer.

Look at the last month of the season. It’s a totally different team. That Mavs series was arguably the biggest flame out in the history of the NBA.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
As a native speaker, both translations are accurate. It can mean anything ranging from having a casual discussion, debating something or arguing. I can't find the video clip, so I don't know the exact context, but I am leaning towards, "I talked to the coach."

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Its amazing how much credit Green gets for how bad his offense is. i mean he has like 3 wings that all need double teams and he still cant score, let alone he is a walking technical waiting to happen. He gets away fro GSW his leash will get real short with the refs unless he teams up with LeBronda and continues on with favoritism

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr